mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I don't recall for certain, but I think the government bought the vaccines in advance so there probably was little financial risk to the drug companies.
Yes, they did but am sure they would not pay for the millions that would have been thrown out if their gamble didn't work. But, I could be wrong as I don't have the contract to check. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

So according to these folks we shouldn't bother with CPR because we're just blowing CO2 when trying to revive someone.
Yup- they want to blather on about this but don't know the facts that are so easy to find. Part of the problem with them saying this is that NOBODY corrected them when they uttered their BS.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I think that is not taught anymore to do, just pumping the heart.
They do still recommend 2 breaths for every 30 compressions for adults, but they emphasize that the compressions are the most important thing to do. If you're dealing with children, or an adult who has had a cardiac event due to choking/drowning/etc then you NEED to do the breaths according to my most recent training.

We expire about 17% oxygen when we breathe, so all that oxygen must be building up behind the masks too.... :rolleyes:

highfigh

highfigh

So according to these folks we shouldn't bother with CPR because we're just blowing CO2 when trying to revive someone.
I don't know, ask them. I don't want to talk to people who are so ignorant that they think we blow so much CO2 when we exhale. Someone needs to tell them we're being smothered by the Nitrogen in the air and that it needs to be reduced.

highfigh

highfigh

We expire about 17% oxygen when we breathe, so all that oxygen must be building up behind the masks too.... :rolleyes:
The horror! How much Nitrogen is left?

Ignorance is rampant- a friend has a T-shirt with 'End Plate Tectonics' and people frequently tell him that they agree or ask for more info.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
The horror! How much Nitrogen is left?

Ignorance is rampant- a friend has a T-shirt with 'End Plate Tectonics' and people frequently tell him that they agree or ask for more info.
I would imagine that it is still 78%.... Good thing it's inert, right?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Very little news to report on Covid-19 or the vaccines. There still is a question among scientists and physicians about the need for booster doses of the vaccines for the general population. Those who have compromised immune systems have already been getting their 3rd doses. That includes people who take strong immune suppressing drugs to prevent rejection of transplanted organs or bone marrow, somewhat less strong immune suppressing drugs to treat auto-immune diseases, or take anti-cancer medications that block the bone marrow's ability to generate new white blood cells.

On Tuesday, I received my 3rd dose of the Moderna vaccine. My 2nd dose was 5 months earlier. That evening, the injection site on my shoulder was sore, as were the lymph nodes under the arm. The next day, about 24 hours after getting the shot, I felt poorly, with low-grade flu-like symptoms. They lasted about 5-6 hours, disappearing with ibuprofen. I never took my temperature, so I don't know if I ran a fever. Since then, my shoulder remained a bit sore, but no other symptoms remain.

All those 'symptoms' are what I expected and hoped for from a vaccine boost. They are signs it was working. My immune system was reacting. Because I regularly take two immune suppressing drugs to treat an auto-immune disease, I was glad to feel those reactions to the vaccine. One of those drugs, methotrexate, I normally take once each week. I was advised to skip the methotrexate dose before getting the shot, and again afterwards.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
All this CO2 talk is making me sleepy... Speaking of, there is this with regard to children and masks:
"We suggest that decision-makers weigh the hard evidence produced by these experimental measurements accordingly, which suggest that children should not be forced to wear face masks."

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
All this CO2 talk is making me sleepy... Speaking of, there is this with regard to children and masks:
"We suggest that decision-makers weigh the hard evidence produced by these experimental measurements accordingly, which suggest that children should not be forced to wear face masks."
That's all well and good, but they measured blood oxygenation during this test but didn't report those numbers. Those numbers would be just as, if not more, important than the amount of CO2 they measured in the masks.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's yet another "COVID denier dies of COVID" story. The guy seems quite credible to me (sarcasm alert). I mean, the notion that NASA is operating a child slave colony an mars seems perfectly reasonable to me.

>>>Robert David Steele, the conspiracy theorist who organized a far-right event in Belfast in July and called COVID-19 a hoax, has reportedly died of the disease. . . . Known for anti-Semitic beliefs and falsely asserting that NASA operates a child slave colony on Mars, Steele was also a promoter of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy that centers on the baseless idea that former President Donald Trump will vanquish a shadowy cabal of Democratic pedophiles.<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Here's yet another "COVID denier dies of COVID" story. The guy seems quite credible to me (sarcasm alert). I mean, the notion that NASA is operating a child slave colony an mars seems perfectly reasonable to me.

>>>Robert David Steele, the conspiracy theorist who organized a far-right event in Belfast in July and called COVID-19 a hoax, has reportedly died of the disease. . . . Known for anti-Semitic beliefs and falsely asserting that NASA operates a child slave colony on Mars, Steele was also a promoter of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy that centers on the baseless idea that former President Donald Trump will vanquish a shadowy cabal of Democratic pedophiles.<<<

For a moment there I thought you talked about Christopher Steele :eek:

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Those who have compromised immune systems have already been getting their 3rd doses.
My booster is scheduled for this Thursday at Mayo. With the 1st just a little soreness at the injection site for a day. The 2nd shot, , I never had any systems at all.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I suggest that people reading this thread "weigh the hard evidence" that this paper has been retracted:

>>>Notice of Retraction. Walach H, et al. Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr. Published online June 30, 2021. . . . The Research Letter, “Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial,” by Harald Walach, PhD, and colleagues published online in JAMA Pediatrics on June 30, 2021,1 is hereby retracted. Following publication, numerous scientific issues were raised regarding the study methodology, including concerns about the applicability of the device used for assessment of carbon dioxide levels in this study setting, and whether the measurements obtained accurately represented carbon dioxide content in inhaled air, as well as issues related to the validity of the study conclusions. In their invited responses to these and other concerns, the authors did not provide sufficiently convincing evidence to resolve these issues, as determined by editorial evaluation and additional scientific review. Given fundamental concerns about the study methodology, uncertainty regarding the validity of the findings and conclusions, and the potential public health implications, the editors have retracted this Research Letter. <<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I suggest that people reading this thread "weigh the hard evidence" that this paper has been retracted:

>>>Notice of Retraction. Walach H, et al. Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr. Published online June 30, 2021. . . . The Research Letter, “Experimental Assessment of Carbon Dioxide Content in Inhaled Air With or Without Face Masks in Healthy Children: A Randomized Clinical Trial,” by Harald Walach, PhD, and colleagues published online in JAMA Pediatrics on June 30, 2021,1 is hereby retracted. Following publication, numerous scientific issues were raised regarding the study methodology, including concerns about the applicability of the device used for assessment of carbon dioxide levels in this study setting, and whether the measurements obtained accurately represented carbon dioxide content in inhaled air, as well as issues related to the validity of the study conclusions. In their invited responses to these and other concerns, the authors did not provide sufficiently convincing evidence to resolve these issues, as determined by editorial evaluation and additional scientific review. Given fundamental concerns about the study methodology, uncertainty regarding the validity of the findings and conclusions, and the potential public health implications, the editors have retracted this Research Letter. <<<

The poster you replied to are one of several that has a history of posting out of context quotes, disinformation and otherwise argue in bad faith. Similar to the recently thread banned member he could just leave this thread.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

another nut job bites the dust, I look on the bright side......... less of a chance perhaps of gene pool propagation

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis