T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Deflecting won't work here, dude.
I’m not deflecting, I’m stating that improperly wearing a mask likely does more harm than good. I also posted guidelines on how you should properly wear a mask. You are the one accusing me of absurd political bias regarding the matter.

I was originally leery of the vaccine but it’s proven unfounded and I am pro vaccine. Social distancing works but we have to weigh the costs to society, it’s a high price to pay. If you would take the time to go research (I’m not going to give you help here, it’s easy to find) scientists don’t actually know much about how Covid is transmitted and they openly admit it. Physical contamination is hard science and we know for a fact is the number one way of transmitting every disease.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I’m not deflecting, I’m stating that improperly wearing a mask likely does more harm than good. I also posted guidelines on how you should properly wear a mask. You are the one accusing me of absurd political bias regarding the matter.

I was originally leery of the vaccine but it’s proven unfounded and I am pro vaccine. Social distancing works but we have to weigh the costs to society, it’s a high price to pay. If you would take the time to go research (I’m not going to give you help here, it’s easy to find) scientists don’t actually know much about how Covid is transmitted and they openly admit it. Physical contamination is hard science and we know for a fact is the number one way of transmitting every disease.
What you are doing is spreading anti-vax/mask FUD for political/religious reasons (clearly established by your own posts) while persistently ignoring any calls for references for your claims.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
What you are doing is spreading anti-vax/mask FUD for political/religious reasons (clearly established by your own posts) while persistently ignoring any calls for references for your claims.
Lol, that’s funny. I know the Bible pretty well and I’ve never seen anything about mask wearing. There are plenty of references to obeying authority where it isn’t in conflict with the Bible. Lastly who said I’m Republican, that’s real funny.

M

Mojo Navigator

Junior Audioholic
Lol, that’s funny. I know the Bible pretty well and I’ve never seen anything about mask wearing. There are plenty of references to obeying authority where it isn’t in conflict with the Bible. Lastly who said I’m Republican, that’s real funny.
Warning to the followers of this post: Don't take advice from fools.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
How do you put on and take off your mask and do you wash your hands every time you touch it?
No I don't wash my hands everytime, but how does that prove it's more spreadable than by coughing or sneezing? Either we all stand six feet apart (including in the work world), or the only other option is......

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Uh no you're not going to find anything about today's masks in ancient scripture. ;)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Where have you been? Freedom of thought died years ago. Free speech is on oxygen.

Paul can say whatever he wants and it's like social media- it will affect those who can be affected by it- everyone else will ignore/disbelieve it but how is his thinking that it's time to resist any different from the resistance in the '60s?
I guess. It's your revolution. The comparison is odd though. There's Rand as the first senator to get covid, claim he can never get/spread it again, hey go out to a restaurant!, they can't arrest ALL of us, and Pelosi we won't allow you to throw us in jail! I tend to think that's the problem with Republicans these days.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan

Yes it is YOU who has to provide the evidence.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess. It's your revolution. The comparison is odd though. There's Rand as the first senator to get covid, claim he can never get/spread it again, hey go out to a restaurant!, they can't arrest ALL of us, and Pelosi we won't allow you to throw us in jail! I tend to think that's the problem with Republicans these days.
Don't pin this crap on me!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I’m good with that but you’re supposed to wash every time you remove (or touch, I’m adding that part) your mask and discard it after. We’ve lowered our standards on masks but that didn’t change the science and a cloth mask is like trying to stop a mosquito with a chain link fence.
I thought the testing showed that the virus doesn't live long on most dry surfaces and materials- is that not true? If so, maybe having several masks could work, but as long as someone doesn't cough or sneeze, the risk to those around the wearer are slight because of the size of the particles released. In large groups, I think new masks should be worn by all.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought the testing showed that the virus doesn't live long on most dry surfaces and materials- is that not true? If so, maybe having several masks could work, but as long as someone doesn't cough or sneeze, the risk to those around the wearer are slight because of the size of the particles released. In large groups, I think new masks should be worn by all.
That's not going to work from a business perspective. If people are wearing them, washing their hands regularly, and not putting their hands down their pants LOL that's about the most realistically that can be expected. You'd go through 10X the cost of disposable masks otherwise.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
No I don't wash my hands everytime, but how does that prove it's more spreadable than by coughing or sneezing? Either we all stand six feet apart (including in the work world), or the only other option is......
My neighbor thought just like you. No mask, no hands washing, hung out with his anti everything friends and the update from his wife, he's still in the ICU on a ventilator after 9 days so far, and having a difficult time of it. WE all hope he makes it, as he is really a nice guy. .

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
My neighbor thought just like you. No mask, no hands washing, hung out with his anti everything friends and the update from his wife, he's still in the ICU on a ventilator after 9 days so far, and having a difficult time of it. WE all hope he makes it, as he is really a nice guy. .
That is not what I'm saying. I wear masks, and I wash my hands regularly. But I don't wash my hands every single time I touch something. That would mean I'm washing my hands 50 times a day at work.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
That is not what I'm saying. I wear masks, and I wash my hands regularly. But I don't wash my hands every single time I touch something. That would mean I'm washing my hands 50 times a day at work.
Well its not what you wrote " No I don't wash my hands everytime, ". But thank you for explaining.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If you find any publications talking about that, please link it to us. I saw the recent news story that the Moderna vaccine looses less imunity over time than the Pfizer vaccine. What I read didn't make much sense, and left me scratching my head. Basically, I was surprised that there was such a difference between the two.
I'm really curious about the reported differences between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. I had thought they coded for identical spike proteins but perhaps this is not the case?

Of course, another possibility would be an AstraZeneca booster after Pfizer. The second paper mentions "greater CD8+ T cell responses in the ChAd–mRNA group" but I'm not sure if this would result in a real-world improvement against the Delta variant.

Here are a couple articles on the general topic of mixing and matching vaccines. So far I have not seen any reports on mixing Pfizer and Moderna.

>>>Mixing COVID-19 vaccines is emerging as a good way to get people the protection they need when faced with safety concerns and unpredictable supplies. Most vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 must be given in two doses, but multiple studies now back up the idea that mixing the Oxford–AstraZeneca jab and the Pfizer–BioNTech vaccine triggers an immune response similar to — or even stronger than — two doses of either vaccine.

Results announced on Monday 1 by a UK group suggest that the combination sometimes outperforms two shots of the same vaccine, and a similar picture is emerging from German studies. People can now “feel a bit more comfortable” with the idea of mix-and-match, says immunologist Leif Erik Sander at Charité University Hospital in Berlin. . . . However, the trials so far have been too small to test how effective combinations of vaccines are at preventing people from developing COVID-19. . . . The lingering possibility of rare side effects is one reason some researchers recommend that people stick to the standard two shots of a single vaccine for now. . . . But as new variants of SARS-CoV-2 emerge, the results of mix-and-match trials could provide policymakers with the data they need to switch to more protective combinations. “It’s good to have that data in readiness,” says Fiona Russell, a vaccine researcher at the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute in Melbourne, Australia.<<<

>>>Similarly, [in a second paper] Schmidt et al. show significantly higher titers of IgG antibodies directed against the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and receptor-binding domain after ChAd–mRNA (either BNT162b2 or mRNA-1273) or mRNA–mRNA vaccination than after homologous ChAd–ChAd vaccination3. In addition, the participants dosed with ChAd–mRNA demonstrate a greater number of circulating spike protein–specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, as well as cytokine-producing T cells, than that of participants dosed with ChAd–ChAd. Schmidt et al. further demonstrate comparable multifunctional, spike protein–specific CD4+ T cell responses but greater CD8+ T cell responses in the ChAd–mRNA group.<<<

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01463-x

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Apparently there is some mixing of Pfizer and Moderna in Canada. It will be interesting to see what the results are. Personally I'm just not that worried about the ever-present "rare side effect" bogeyman.

>>>Canadians who are offered a different COVID-19 vaccine for their second shot than their first shouldn't hesitate to mix and match, experts say, as supply temporarily shifts from Pfizer-BioNTech to Moderna. . . . Toronto-based pharmacologist Sabina Vohra-Miller said the two vaccines are "highly similar" in how they train the immune system to target the virus' spike protein. The antibodies that are formed in the body from either shot would "cross react really, really well," she added. "There's really no reason to believe that the two vaccines would have any significant concerns with respect to efficacy or safety," she said. "It's not a new concept, we do it for so many other vaccines. People who go and get the influenza vaccine have no idea what they're getting." <<<

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/pfizer-moderna-mixing-vaccines-covid-19-canada-1.6075765

>>>Bahrain, Bhutan, Indonesia, Italy, Thailand, the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and Vietnam are among those now exploring or actively pursuing mixed-dosing strategies.

It's a move increasingly backed by new research, though it's rooted in decades of vaccine science, according to Rasmussen and other vaccine experts.

"Combining vaccines is nothing new," she said. "There's no reason to expect that it wouldn't be safe."<<<

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis