Might be evacuating soon

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just got my level 1 evacuation notice (be ready essentially to go soon, level 2 is be ready at a moment's notice, level 3 is GTFO). We have the Kwis Fire very close to town and while they thought they had a better handle on it a few days ago, worsening weather and the fire's boundaries had ideas of their own. Wondering if I should pack up any audio gear or takes my chances....and which bikes....decision decisions.....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Hell, man. My thoughts are with you: Safety and Protection!

If you've got the time, load up the van, make sure you got a full tank.

We had time when they evac'd us a couple yrs ago. I made a point to grab documents, my computer...
And my Phil 3s. No shame in it if you can do it safely.

But I don't wanna here a story about you driving through the hills at 60+ with the fire biting you in the @$$ the whole way to safety.

And besides... we still have to have some beer together! ;)

Take care and keep us posted!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hell, man. My thoughts are with you: Safety and Protection!

If you've got the time, load up the van, make sure you got a full tank.

We had time when they evac'd us a couple yrs ago. I made a point to grab documents, my computer...
And my Phil 3s. No shame in it if you can do it safely.

But I don't wanna here a story about you driving through the hills at 60+ with the fire biting you in the @$$ the whole way to safety.

And besides... we still have to have some beer together! ;)

Take care and keep us posted!
Thanks. The level 1 two streets over lasted a little more than a day....so yeah have my go bag and my most important stuff ready to go. The audio gear not sure what I'll throw in there....maybe if the worst comes I can use insurance money to start with new stuff :) Van has a full tank, been keeping it topped up this summer JIC. My two favorite bikes are ready to roll....not sure what of the others I can take, waiting to hear how much room my sis has available :) I'll likely hold out thru level 2, tho and my "escape" route to Eugene is on the other side of the fire, but we'll see....

Might just come down your way and have that beer....speaking of which I'm out....is it okay to drink while ya wait? :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks. The level 1 two streets over lasted a little more than a day....so yeah have my go bag and my most important stuff ready to go. The audio gear not sure what I'll throw in there....maybe if the worst comes I can use insurance money to start with new stuff :) Van has a full tank, been keeping it topped up this summer JIC. My two favorite bikes are ready to roll....not sure what of the others I can take, waiting to hear how much room my sis has available :) I'll likely hold out thru level 2, tho and my "escape" route to Eugene is on the other side of the fire, but we'll see....

Might just come down your way and have that beer....speaking of which I'm out....is it okay to drink while ya wait? :)
I would say it's ok... as long as you can drive! ...and you aren't racing those flames!!! :p

I almost think your Sub Drivers should go with you! :D You can rebuild cabinets, but PE is running on empty for a lot of their gear right now. (And JBL is always running sales!!!)

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
That sucks, Chris. I know exactly how you feel, as I went through this last year. Both the Troublesome fire and Cameron Peak fire were visible from my cabin. I had to evac for several days. The fires didn't threaten my place, but several friends lost everything.

So stay safe my friend, and be ready to scram.

Ok, everybody else, get up, and let's collectively do a rain dance, making sure to focus all your psychic mojo to Oregon.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Good luck! Just don't leave it too late. I would imagine driving down a road with flames both sides, would likely provoke incontinence.

If you only have a route out east, you are always welcome here, we have two spare rooms.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks, Chris. I know exactly how you feel, as I went through this last year. Both the Troublesome fire and Cameron Peak fire were visible from my cabin. I had to evac for several days. The fires didn't threaten my place, but several friends lost everything.

So stay safe my friend, and be ready to scram.

Ok, everybody else, get up, and let's collectively do a rain dance, making sure to focus all your psychic mojo to Oregon.
It's not a particularly huge fire (latest for Kwis fire is 655 acres) but just so close to town, hasnt burned any residential stuff but some are close to it (and they're still only level 2 currently).

The fire smoke can be observed here from the Dead Mtn camera (formerly Green Mtn, but now called Dead Mtn due fires long ago). http://www.alertwildfire.org/oregon/?camera=Axis-DeadMountain (ps when I copied the link only smoke, now you can see flames)

If you were in Salmon Creek Campground (forget if you stayed there or were you out at Tired Dog Ranch or ?) you could see the flames from camp easily enough but they closed the campground and think it's actually in the fire area now but mostly it's still on the other side of Salmon Creek vs town....altho it did jump the creek for a bit a few days ago. A few of our most popular trails are outright closed, others much of the day are too smoky to bother with. Seems we have more fire crew in town than residents when I took a trip down to the store a while ago....

Thanks for the rain wishes....but at least the last few days have been humid, but we're forecast for hot and dry for next several....no high winds forecast at least.

ps Helicopters are based here in Oakridge and have been used as much as possible but the early morning smoke has prevented use until afternoon last few days....we had a tanker aircraft drop some retardant but conditions have not enabled another pass....

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Stay safe my friend and be ready to scram out of there. Gear ain't going to matter if your not here to listen to it

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
All the best, my friend. I'd gladly send some of our rain out to to you, as we've had more than our share this summer.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Good luck man. My buddy's house is in northern CA and the Dixie fire is within a 1000 feet. At this point, he's not sure if it is still there or not. He lives just south of Greenville CA, which is now gone.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
All the best, my friend. If I'd gladly send some of our rain out to to you, as we've had more than our share this summer.
Right there with you. We are usually in drought lock down this time of year, but rain has been great this year. I haven't had to turn on my sprinkler yet.

@lovinthehd anything you need just let us know. Hope you don't have to evacuate though... :(

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hope for the best Lovin'. I have a friend in Kamloops BC and she has been posting pics on a regular basis. Getting too close for comfort there too. And here in Ontario we can't wait for the thunderstorms to go away. Been hot a humid for a couple of weeks. Need to send some of that precipitation your way!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...!
He has time to mount a 70mm film camera up front to take video of his escape. A money maker. ;) :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Family pictures, and perhaps a last minute picture taking of your belongings left behind as proof for insurance and memory refresher afterwards.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy poop, I didn't realize you were so close to this. So level 1 is be ready, level 2 is hook up your backup speakers and load up your favorites into your vehicle?

Man, I can't imagine being in your position right now. Stay safe and if it gets down to it, gtfo. With your favorite speakers...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Meanwhile, in the hottest, driest state in the union...

Screenshot_2021-08-11-09-36-52-1_copy_516x138.png

I got caught in a pretty epic storm this morning when I was out and about earlier. Had to slow down just to be able to see the road!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
stay safe Lovin' , seems like you have the right plan in order. Hopefully you won't have to execute it !!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Wow stay safe and vigilant of the situation praying for a good outcome for you buddy .

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis