The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I would rather trust Denon, Marantz and/or Audyssey. People say all kind of things, some may be right, some may be not.., some may be right to a point. As you said, there are two sides, may be even multiple sides of a coin.:D
I just think it gets confusing for people. In reality just boils down to personal preference on how your system sounds and the way you want to do things. I definitely like how mine sounds now and like I told you, after the new mic I got since the other went bad, checking my speaker levels after audyssey through app every speaker was at 75db except subs which the three combined were at 72db so I bumped them up 3db

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just think it gets confusing for people. In reality just boils down to personal preference on how your system sounds and the way you want to do things. I definitely like how mine sounds now and like I told you, after the new mic I got since the other went bad, checking my speaker levels after audyssey through app every speaker was at 75db except subs which the three combined were at 72db so I bumped them up 3db
I'm feeling ya on the confusion. Seems like there are 3 different ways to do the same thing, and the menu language isn't always intuiive. I've found the guys here to be the most reliable and realistic of the sites I frequent. We do our best to filter out a lot of the woo that comes along with this hobby, and stick with the science and measurements (along with our ears!) to determine courses of action that will produce results. You're spot on about personal preference too. There is no one right way to do it. If you like your results and it sounds great then you did right!

Last edited:
R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I'm feeling ya on the confusion. Seems like there are 3 different ways to do the same thing, and the menu language isn't always intuiive. I've found the guys here to be the most reliable and realistic of the sites I frequent. We do our best to filter out a lot of the woo that comes along with this hobby, and stick with the science and measurements (along with out ears!) to determine courses of action that will produce results. You're spot on about personal preference too. There is no one right way to do it. If you like your results and it sounds great then you did right!
Just irritating to me. I totally agree with you about the guys here, anyone who gets on here asking questions, idk everyone here but I’d definitely say the majority of people are definitely giving sound advice and trying to help people with questions they have. This is the place I frequent most even though I’m not posting all the time, I still will get on just to see what people are talking about

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I'm feeling ya on the confusion. Seems like there are 3 different ways to do the same thing, and the menu language isn't always intuiive. I've found the guys here to be the most reliable and realistic of the sites I frequent. We do our best to filter out a lot of the woo that comes along with this hobby, and stick with the science and measurements (along with out ears!) to determine courses of action that will produce results. You're spot on about personal preference too. There is no one right way to do it. If you like your results and it sounds great then you did right!
Btw, I know this is off topic but I saw your new purchase dude!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Btw, I know this is off topic but I saw your new purchase dude!
Oh man, I still have that "I got a new toy!" feeling. I'm loving this 1212 in a nearfield setup. Feels like a legit sound quality upgrade.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Oh man, I still have that "I got a new toy!" feeling. I'm loving this 1212 in a nearfield setup. Feels like a legit sound quality upgrade.
Not to crash this thread with sub talk but I bet! Me adding the 3rd vtf3-mk5 behind my second row sounds great, I’d like a 4th one but probably really don’t need it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not to crash this thread with sub talk but I bet! Me adding the 3rd vtf3-mk5 behind my second row sounds great, I’d like a 4th one but probably really don’t need it
I'm going to be scouring the classifieds looking for another 1212! I'm in the same boat, I'd love to get a 4th sub, but probably don't really need one, lol.

But yeah, it's pretty cool. Thanks!

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread topic... :p

H

head_unit

Audioholic Intern
Hey is there a list of app-compatible receivers? I've been searching but haven't found something recent. I'm wondering if there is a slim-line (short) receiver which is app compatible????

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hey is there a list of app-compatible receivers? I've been searching but haven't found something recent. I'm wondering if there is a slim-line (short) receiver which is app compatible????
Yes, I believe when you go to the App Store before you purchase audyssey app, you scroll down and it gave a list of all the compatible receivers. Don’t quote me on that but I’m pretty sure that’s where I was looking at the list before I purchased the app

ROMisONLINE

ROMisONLINE

Enthusiast
Hey Everyone, first time post, so if this has been answered already I apologize for the question again. I just received a Marantz AV7702MKII and for some reason I can not get the Audyssey app to find my receiver. The internet is connected and the Marantz app finds and controls it fine, but the Audyssey app does not find it and just displays invalid IP address when ever I enter it. Anyone know a fix for this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

O

oupee

Enthusiast
Hey Everyone, first time post, so if this has been answered already I apologize for the question again. I just received a Marantz AV7702MKII and for some reason I can not get the Audyssey app to find my receiver. The internet is connected and the Marantz app finds and controls it fine, but the Audyssey app does not find it and just displays invalid IP address when ever I enter it. Anyone know a fix for this? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Compatible models: (Product availability varies depending on regions.)
Denon AV Receiver: AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S920W, AVR-S720W, AVR-S930H, AVR-S730H, AVR-X1400H, AVR-X2400H, AVR-X3400H, AVR-X4400H, AVR-X6400H, AVR-X8500H, AVR-S740H, AVR-S940H, AVR-X1500H, AVR-X2500H, AVR-X3500H, AVR-X4500H, AVR-X6500H, AVR-X1600H, AVR-X2600H, AVR-X3600H, AVR-S750H, AVR-S950H, AVR-A110, AVR-X6700H, AVR-X4700H, AVR-X3700H, AVR-X2700H, AVR-S960H
Marantz AV Receiver: AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, NR1607, NR1608, SR5012, SR6012, SR7012, SR8012, AV7704, AV8805, NR1609, SR5013, SR6013, SR7013, AV7705, NR1710, SR5014, S6014, SR8015, SR7015, SR6015, SR5015, NR1711, AV7706
Not compatible with Denon and Marantz models other than those listed above.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Would the place you bought it take it back? If you intend to use Audyssey, the App would be highly recommended for the best possible results.

ROMisONLINE

ROMisONLINE

Enthusiast
Thanks, Oupee and Peng for the reply. Well that’s a real kick to the shin. I could swear that I checked that already and thought it would support it. Looks like I’m back to just doing everything manually. Not really returnable since it was a hand me down, I had a Marantz SR5011 and thought this would be, although slightly older, a improvement with the added channels. Thanks again all for the reply’s and onto happy listening.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks, Oupee and Peng for the reply. Well that’s a real kick to the shin. I could swear that I checked that already and thought it would support it. Looks like I’m back to just doing everything manually. Not really returnable since it was a hand me down, I had a Marantz SR5011 and thought this would be, although slightly older, a improvement with the added channels. Thanks again all for the reply’s and onto happy listening.
Actually, you can still use Audyssey to your benefits by use the L/R bypass option if you don't prefer the overall results. In the L/R bypass mode, the front left and right channel won't be affected, and we all know Audyssey XT32 Sub EQ HT can do a very decent job in the range 20-200 Hz. Also, most people seem to prefer bumping up the subwoofer level by 3 to 6 dB after because Audyssey would try its best in flattening the bass response in that range, and that may not sound good to many people who would otherwise enjoy the room gain in that range, room depending.. So just try different options (including Audssey off lol) and you may be surprised that you can find the sweet spot for you.

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Try rebooting your router. I've experienced this issue multiple times and rebooting my router has fixed it every time so far.

ROMisONLINE

ROMisONLINE

Enthusiast
Actually, you an still use Audyssey to your benefits by use the L/R bypass option if you don't prefer the overall results. In the L/R bypass mode, the front left and right channel won't be affected, and we all know Audyssey XT32 Sub EQ HT can do a very decent job in the range 20-200 Hz. Also, most people seem to prefer bumping up the subwoofer level by 3 to 6 dB after because Audyssey would try its best in flattening the bass response in that range, and that may not sound good to many people who would otherwise enjoy the room gain in that range, room depending.. So just try different options (including Audssey off lol) and you may be surprised that you can find the sweet spot for you.
Yes, thanks, app makes things easier and I like the results being shown before and after, but I know good sound can still be achieved without it, also just kind of stinks since I already paid for it. Thanks again.

ROMisONLINE

ROMisONLINE

Enthusiast
With that said, I was just thinking. Does anyone know of a Audyssey type program that maybe I can run on my laptop and a mic? Again any info is greatly appreciated.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since you have a pre-pro, you could insert eq in between the pre-pro and amps. Something multich from miniDSP.com perhaps....along with a good measurement mic and software like REW or similar....

(You might check if Dirac offers something like this for multich but don't believe they do without Dirac installed on a pre-pro).

ROMisONLINE

ROMisONLINE

Enthusiast
Thanks @lovinthehd, I’ll look into that. Looking at the website reminds me again, I must love to spend money, 2 of my hobbies are Photography and Home Theatre, what was I thinking? Well gotta do what you love right? Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks @lovinthehd, I’ll look into that. Looking at the website reminds me again, I must love to spend money, 2 of my hobbies are Photography and Home Theatre, what was I thinking? Well gotta do what you love right? Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.
Oh I've got another expensive hobby, altho a somewhat healthier one, cycling. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis