Once again: what are you listening to now?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was listening to a band called The Kills, an album called "Little Bastards" when I heard their rendition of Forty Four. The Kills are NOT a blues band. They are a rather good alternative/garage rock band.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The Black Angels "Passover" on CD

The Black Angels "Directions to Find a Ghost"

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I was listening to a band called The Kills, an album called "Little Bastards" when I heard their rendition of Forty Four. The Kills are NOT a blues band. They are a rather good alternative/garage rock band.

Nice! That could have been recorded decades ago, they captured the feel really well. I'm always on the look out for good alt rock bands. Will have to check them out.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It's an older album but one I never got familiar with until recently. Mudvayne's "L.D. 50". It's their first LP and has the hit single "Dig" on it.

That song I was familiar with, but was pretty dismissive mainly because of the facepaint and makeup... well, there's more to them than that. "Dig" is actually pretty intricate, as is a lot of their other music. The bass line is unique and tricky to play so @Eppie might appreciate this cover I stumbled across.

That does not look easy to play at all! Currently "Prod" is my favorite song on the album. It's a trip because the whole song is almost entirely in one chord. The arrangement is what makes it good. I just love the heaviness of the guitar, then when the bass kicks in the beginning... phew. Goosebumps. Chicken skin... just damned good, imo.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It's an older album but one I never got familiar with until recently. Mudvayne's "L.D. 50". It's their first LP and has the hit single "Dig" on it.

That song I was familiar with, but was pretty dismissive mainly because of the facepaint and makeup... well, there's more to them than that. "Dig" is actually pretty intricate, as is a lot of their other music. The bass line is unique and tricky to play so @Eppie might appreciate this cover I stumbled across.

That does not look easy to play at all! Currently "Prod" is my favorite song on the album. It's a trip because the whole song is almost entirely in one chord. The arrangement is what makes it good. I just love the heaviness of the guitar, then when the bass kicks in the beginning... phew. Goosebumps. Chicken skin... just damned good, imo.

Great technique on that bass cover!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Great technique on that bass cover!
I could watch him play that over and over. The original bass player ended up getting memed for the beginning of that song a while back.

86134025.jpg

"Brbr DENG" was all over the place a while back, lol.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice! That could have been recorded decades ago, they captured the feel really well. I'm always on the look out for good alt rock bands. Will have to check them out.
Check out the Von Bondies as well.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Heard the name...Are they any good?
Some of their stuff is very good. I say 'some' because it's a real mixed bag. I listened to some nice alt-rock stuff they did, but another track was thrash metal. Check out Honey, If Not Now Then When, O.N.E., Straws in the Wind, and the video for Intrasport is pretty funny. You can tell these guys are having a lot of fun doing what they do. Note that some of the songs change dramatically after the intro so don't judge by the first 30 seconds.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis