JBL HT1Fs, Gramps to the rescue

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
The surrounds and right channels were playing similarly intensive bass, obviously the right was playing the same, but they didn't

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
The track was very much pure bass, with very little sound of things flying around during an explosion or anything

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably just pushing those poor little speakers past their limits....

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
The track was very much pure bass, with very little sound of things flying around during an explosion or anything
Yeah, but it was on 0 db, and i personally don't think it was loud enough to overpowers even the small ones, sure, the bass was way more intense, and if the small ones were to play that, they would probly be flying around, but still

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
I did meth, and made the equal sides triangle for the fronts, does this look right?, If i mount the tv to the wall, and pull the sofa backwards, would mounting to the wall be feasible?
20210502_104400-min.jpg

The wall are literally just out of frame

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those drivers look like they're trying to move a lot more than 70 hz worth of air... isn't that pretty loud?

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Those drivers look like they're trying to move a lot more than 70 hz worth of air... isn't that pretty loud?
that was -5db, and it was confortable to stay right besides it,

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
that was -5db, and it was confortable to stay right besides it,
Well... -5 on my dial is getting into earbleed levels, but I'm all dialed in for "reference" at 0 with Audyssey. That's really loud for movies, and very very loud for some music. An spl meter would tell us a little more. If you have a smart phone you can find one in whatever market or app store you use for free. They're not the most accurate thing you can use but can get you in the ballpark. That's give us a better idea of the volumes you're hitting.

Just going by the video, I know that by the time my 5 1/2" drivers are moving as much as yours with a 80 hz crossover it's really loud. Are you using a subwoofer right now? How did you set the crossover? It could be too, that your amp is clipping.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Well... -5 on my dial is getting into earbleed levels, but I'm all dialed in for "reference" at 0 with Audyssey. That's really loud for movies, and very very loud for some music. An spl meter would tell us a little more. If you have a smart phone you can find one in whatever market or app store you use for free. They're not the most accurate thing you can use but can get you in the ballpark. That's give us a better idea of the volumes you're hitting.

Just going by the video, I know that by the time my 5 1/2" drivers are moving as much as yours with a 80 hz crossover it's really loud. Are you using a subwoofer right now? How did you set the crossover? It could be too, that your amp is clipping.
No there's no sub, but it's on in the setup config, the crossover is set to 100, and for reference, -10db on the levels noise test, shows as 72db

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic

Also, only that left speaker is popping, so probly not the amp, the right one is totally fine

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, only that left speaker is popping, so probly not the amp, the right one is totally fine
You might be right. I'm still curious to see how loud it really is when you have it cranked up to reference with an actual spl reading tho. Do you have a smart phone you could get a spl app with? Or do you have a meter already?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
With the right music I can hit almost 100 dB peaks at my seat with my volume at 0, and I sit 15' (about 4.5 meters) from my speakers.

650-1_copy_540x233.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That stereo tho
Yes, that's stereo. It gets pretty fracking loud with movies too tho. Reference for movies is 85 dB, with room for 105 db peaks. Depending on how far you sit (did you say 9 or 10 feet?) that can be a lot to ask from your amp.

PS, not ruling out an issue with the speaker either. You might be right. I'm just tryna figure out how loud it is where you hear the pop.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Yes, that's stereo. It gets pretty fracking loud with movies too tho. Reference for movies is 85 dB, with room for 105 db peaks. Depending on how far you sit (did you say 9 or 10 feet?) that can be a lot to ask from your amp.

PS, not ruling out an issue with the speaker either. You might be right. I'm just tryna figure out how loud it is where you hear the pop.
I'll check, and my front are around 3 metters from the sitting position

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis