JBL HT1Fs, Gramps to the rescue

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Ngl, 100 db is still tame tbh, its proper for night viewings, but during the day, I'd prefer to go a bit higher, my room is not small, but it ain't that big either

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Ngl, 100 db is still tame tbh, its proper for night viewings, but during the day, I'd prefer to go a bit higher, my room is not small, but it ain't that big either
If that's even close, that's very loud... 100 dB is enough to give you permanent hearing damage.

safety-decibel-chart-1.jpg

Here's an example: OSHA allows 8 hours of exposure to 90 dBA but only 2 hours of exposure to 100 dBA sound levels. NIOSH would recommend limiting the 8 hour exposure to less than 85 dBA. At 100 dBA, NIOSH recommends less than 15 minutes of exposure per day.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
keep having fun like that, and soon you may be searching for some new speakers ... there is only so much stress the speakers can take and the voice coils can slowly burn out.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Humn, I'm 3 to 4 meters from the speaker depending on where the sofa and media reck is that day, so.
But well, what can I do.
When they are not loud enough, the surround sounds incomplete, and becames a gimmick,
-15db is the minimum i can say i can have any more fun than just using the tv speaker, that well, aside from bass, might as well go higher than the ammount I'm supposed to go with those, now, on daily tasks, -25 is really fine, but on a dedicated time for a movie, -10 is probly what I'll go with

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
If that's even close, that's very loud... 100 dB is enough to give you permanent hearing damage.

View attachment 47204

Here's an example: OSHA allows 8 hours of exposure to 90 dBA but only 2 hours of exposure to 100 dBA sound levels. NIOSH would recommend limiting the 8 hour exposure to less than 85 dBA. At 100 dBA, NIOSH recommends less than 15 minutes of exposure per day.
Guess we be all getting ear damage on theaters

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Also, who the hell though making the volume nob go from -100 to 12 was going to be intuitive, why not a regular 0 to 100, or 0 to 112

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
just did a hearing test, TV's 100% virtually the same as 0db on the receiver, just no bass

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Guess we be all getting ear damage on theaters
With prolonged exposure, yes. Audioholics actually did an editorial and video on it if you're interested. You might be surprised.

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
now, they showed cinema values of volume, i can say any cinema goes way louder than what i was watching yesterday, not aritimatically proven, but i feel like that's the case, one cinema in particular, oh truck that one is loud, but tinnitus is something i have since i was a child, and well, if it's derived by sound driven damage, i blame the são joão holiday here in brazil, lmao, if you know anything about it

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
i like how over the course of the video, i went from 50% to 30%, then went to 70% inside youtube, and 50%, and now i'm on the point where i'm on 30% on youtube as well, but the video doesnt have that good an audio, so there's that

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
Something I'm quite upset about right now is that the switch only does LPCM, and optical can't so that, i was wondering if there's a way around it, like, some kinda of hdmi sound we extractor to 5.1 analog, or something, or just some magic to convert LPCM to dolby digital

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Something I'm quite upset about right now is that the switch only does LPCM, and optical can't so that, i was wondering if there's a way around it, like, some kinda of hdmi sound we extractor to 5.1 analog, or something, or just some magic to convert LPCM to dolby digital
What switch?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I was wondering if there was something that could do that, not exactly a switch, but if a switch can do it as well, then, it can be a switch as well
-Shrug-
I'm lost at what you're trying to connect now. What's the source(s) and signal chain?

peuga

peuga

Full Audioholic
I'm lost at what you're trying to connect now. What's the source(s) and signal chain?
I want to do surround on my nintendo switch, it only does LPCM, i was wondering if there's a surround sound hdmi extractor to analog surround, or some way to convert LPCM to dolby digital

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis