Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I wish I could get the Facebook ads to appear in-line like the Craig's List ones. Tried the unfurl="true" option in the URL tag but no luck.

Any way, some made in China Accentus A-103 speakers for $2500 new in the box:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/942136329936647/
The photo he shows however is the Accentus A-101 pictured here:
but I think the A-103 is different. The A-102 was for sale on CAM here and has 4 drivers:
and the A-103 has 3 drivers like pictured below (single mid-range):

Accentus was Chinese designed and made. Research says they used a ribbon tweeter in these. The company was a subsidiary of Aurum Cantus (also Chinese) who are the largest manufacturer of speaker components. The Aurum Cantus Music Goddess is supposed to be similar to the A-103 but may have a slightly larger woofer and different model tweeter. Supposedly a very thick high gloss lacquer on these (over a dozen coats) but difficult to find graphs let alone reviews on these. Just some mentions in German UHF Magazine and ads on CAM. Some Youtube videos of the Aurum Cantus but no Accentus. Watched an interview with a Chinese born Canadian importer and the comment was that Chinese manufacturers make very good cabinets and use very good components, but they have not yet figured out how to do cross-overs properly so the tonality of the speakers is not quite right.

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Oof. It's hard not to message a guy like that and ask... "WTF??"...
I have to check myself every time i see somebody asking way too much for speakers that i want to try.. Currently there's a guy selling ub 52s ( uni fi's) .. He wants $450. That's almost retail for open box .. If he wanted $300 , which is about what they're worth, I would have bought them.. Idk if people are trying to find suckers, or they really think their bad decisions are worth 90% retail..

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to check myself every time i see somebody asking way too much for speakers that i want to try.. Currently there's a guy selling ub 52s ( uni fi's) .. He wants $450. That's almost retail for open box .. If he wanted $300 , which is about what they're worth, I would have bought them.. Idk if people are trying to find suckers, or they really think their bad decisions are worth 90% retail..
I know exactly which ones you're talking about.

$450 for those used is ridiculous. At that point I'll spend the extra few dollars and buy 'em new. If you're still looking tho, these Infinity Intermezzos are some legit good speakers at a more reasonable asking price of $250. Located in Chandler tho, so I dunno about your ride situation with that. I'm kinda tempted to make an offer on these myself.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm still curious to see what @TLS Guy thinks about these Jordan Watts speakers. I know they're rare and likely worth the asking price based on some of the feedback here, but I'll bet the good Dr has some on hands experience and knows the history and how to build something around them. Been tough catching him online lately tho.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I know exactly which ones you're talking about.

$450 for those used is ridiculous. At that point I'll spend the extra few dollars and buy 'em new. If you're still looking tho, these Infinity Intermezzos are some legit good speakers at a more reasonable asking price of $250. Located in Chandler tho, so I dunno about your ride situation with that. I'm kinda tempted to make an offer on these myself.

i've been thinking about those as well .. imo.. a good deal.. i'm not sure about transportation.. i just about grabbed the dcm towers , but decided that my cats didn't need something new to pee on.. so i'm going to stay with books i think..

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
These!
7 feet tall, with 6 drivers should weight a hell of a lot more than 200 pounds. That's a $250 Yung plate amp, and no telling what those drivers are.

No doubt it'll punch the teeth out of your mouth, but I bet the quality of the bass would lag far behind the quantity.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
7 feet tall, with 6 drivers should weight a hell of a lot more than 200 pounds. That's a $250 Yung plate amp, and no telling what those drivers are.

No doubt it'll punch the teeth out of your mouth, but I bet the quality of the bass would lag far behind the quantity.
Or not... lol

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

I was more thinking, but did they know how to use the design software/hardware ? (didn't look up what was mentioned, tho).....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

They were for Pogre eyes only. ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis