Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Check out these crazy things! Sonab OA-12 R, umm... bipolar speakers? They're a Swedish company I've never heard of. $200

00N0N_9hqpKm1fr2zz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg
01717_9SPB7bsyOnxz_0vh0t2_600x450.jpg

Flip through the images and check out the port on the bottom. It looks almost as big as the port on my RBH 1212.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Inb4 @shadyJ pops in and comments on comb filtering and lobing! :p
I have listened to some McIntosh speakers that cost over $10,000 and the sound seemed out of phase and blurred ... those DS-Tech speakers would not surprise me if they sounded about the same -- on a side note, how much does one have to pay before they start building them?

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Check out these crazy things! Sonab OA-12 R, umm... bipolar speakers? They're a Swedish company I've never heard of. $200

Flip through the images and check out the port on the bottom. It looks almost as big as the port on my RBH 1212.
they make me think of the Bose 301 ... offer $30.10

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The Focal Aria 948 are no longer listed, but the same shop has the PMC Twenty5.24 (demo) for C$5,200 (C$9,600 retail). Have not found a bad review yet though some say the dome tweeter is a little pronounced and mids a bit soft. Good bass due to the ATL design in a narrow cabinet (which I need). Then found the same speaker with the matching centre listed on CAM 5 days ago for $6,000 and they look to be in perfect shape. Close to Quebec City so half a day to drive there but I'd want to see them in person at that price. Made in the UK so the retail is high here but there are a number of forum members on CAM that rave about these. Not too familiar with PMC myself.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Those look pretty nice. First I've ever heard of PMC. I do find TL speakers very interesting tho.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Those look pretty nice. First I've ever heard of PMC. I do find TL speakers very interesting tho.
Seem to be going for around 2,900 Euro which is C$4,350 for the mains. The retail with centre is likely north of C$12,000 so he's not far off at C$6,000 ($4,800 US) for both.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
They are popular, but i do not like the rise in this PMC speaker ... but one should audition if they get a chance

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
PMC is highly regarded by many in the audiophile media, but every single one of their models for which I've seen measurements has shown a huge mess.

I'd pass on them.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
PMC 5.24 look inside

That woofer is a Peerless/Tymphany model nearly identical (if not completely identical?) to the one in the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers.

The tweeter is a Seas model.

They put their PMC name on them and then claim they're custom parts from PMC.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That woofer is a Peerless/Tymphany model nearly identical (if not completely identical?) to the one in the SVS Ultra Bookshelf speakers.

Mercy, Mercy ... not cool

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Well holy crap. They do look almost exactly the same! I took mine apart a while back and snapped some pics.

20170515_145554-1305x734.jpg
20170515_145158-1305x734.jpg
20170515_145132-1305x734.jpg
20170515_145058-1305x734.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis