Are These Finds Good Deals?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Not really close by, but yeah. Worth it if they're not $20 apiece.
It's a bit confusing. Click on more ads by this user and he lists the Nordost for $20. That ad does look like $20 for all though and does not say each or per piece. The Threshold T 100 amps look pretty sweet.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Here we go, he put up a separate ad for 'em. $3k. I will say they're the cleanest looking 901s I've ever seen. Flip through his pics. The drivers, cabs and grilles all look really clean and new still.

Way over priced ... maybe some Doctor or Lawyer will take them

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Did they even go for that much new? :) Let alone worth that much....
In 1971 around $475 a pair ... I believe some later retail prices through the years up to around $1100 a pair ... one thing for sure they can get loud

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In 1971 around $475 a pair ... I believe some later retail prices through the years up to around $1100 a pair ... one thing for sure they can get loud
Yeah never thought they were particularly expensive, and a glance at ebay says he's quite optimistic. I have been to a few parties back in the 70s that used these, they did get plenty loud for the dancing!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got all excited when I saw the pics of these, til I realized they're the older MK1s. $600 for a pair of MK2s I don't think I could resist. I'd have so much farging bass in this house, holy cow would I have some major subwoofage. Nearfield for everyone!!

What is with all the shitty fb marketplace pics? Almost every image on there looks like ass.

171834593_2932632126976493_6072745053973577452_n_copy_540x720.jpg
172251447_2932632266976479_1550003891320312885_n_copy_540x720.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I got all excited when I saw the pics of these, til I realized they're the older MK1s. $600 for a pair of MK2s I don't think I could resist. I'd have so much farging bass in this house, holy cow would I have some major subwoofage. Nearfield for everyone!!

What is with all the shitty fb marketplace pics? Almost every image on there looks like ass.

View attachment 47025View attachment 47024

Odd place to take pics too? OTOH my photographs are often not good :)

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah never thought they were particularly expensive, and a glance at ebay says he's quite optimistic. I have been to a few parties back in the 70s that used these, they did get plenty loud for the dancing!
But there was a 901 Concerto Limited Edition with gloss piano black that did cost more ... pretty much the same speakers but you had to pay for that gloss finish

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Here we go, he put up a separate ad for 'em. $3k. I will say they're the cleanest looking 901s I've ever seen. Flip through his pics. The drivers, cabs and grilles all look really clean and new still.

View attachment 47004

Hey, that's the same guy selling the Monitor Audio towers on eBay that I linked a couple pages back, the ones with the chocolatey midrange!!!

You should go take a listen and take a chocolate bar with you to offer to him.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey, that's the same guy selling the Monitor Audio towers on eBay that I linked a couple pages back, the ones with the chocolatey midrange!!!

You should go take a listen and take a chocolate bar with you to offer to him.
Bring a bottle of Hershey's syrup with me and squirt some on his midrange. "There, now it's chocolatey!".
Is it the same guy selling the cables too?
I don't think so. Just various cables, a couple of T 100 class A amps and a power conditioner. 'Cuz power out here is so dirty...

00j0j_9zdLHXazKKRz_0CI0CI_600x450.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bring a bottle of Hershey's syrup with me and squirt some on his midrange. "There, now it's chocolatey!".

I don't think so. Just various cables, a couple of T 100 class A amps and a power conditioner. 'Cuz power out here is so dirty...

View attachment 47026

Or like in your area you need additional room heaters....or is he up in the mountains? :)

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 47026

A while back my roommate bought a htib set up , then bought a $500 power conditioner.. Lol..

R

Russdawg1

Full Audioholic
A while back my roommate bought a htib set up , then bought a $500 power conditioner.. Lol..
I had a Panamax power conditioner for a while. Got it for $80 or so.

Didn’t do anything but give me something cool to plug all my equipment into which I appreciated.

Occasionally it dropped below 120v which was cool. Resold it for $200, lol.

Having a large stack of electronics just gives you that feel good feeling all the time.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
I'll bet @ryanosaur has looked into Table Tuba subwoofers already, but just in case...

I know he's been looking around for something nutty like this. I'M interested in something nutty like this!

I have a coffee table right now I could replace with one of those. It's a good sized coffee table. I can imagine what an 18" in a horn loaded cabinet that size could do. Hell, I'll bet you could get below 20 hz from a 12" with some room gain.
Man. You got “it”bad huh ?:D

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Tell you what, I see another deal on a RBH SV-1212NR and I'm gonna be all over it!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis