Are These Finds Good Deals?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I think it's just as the ad indicates, a sub to match up with some particular older LSR series speakers. Seems to have a nice feature set. Discontinued now, tho. Overpriced IMO, hopefully no one paid full retail new for one either....but sure would go nice with my LSR305s :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think it's just as the ad indicates, a sub to match up with some particular older LSR series speakers. Seems to have a nice feature set. Discontinued now, tho. Overpriced IMO, hopefully no one paid full retail new for one either....but sure would go nice with my LSR305s :)
I did a little digging and apparently yes, it's practically made to go with the LSR series speakers. Built in room correction, full suite if connections, crossovers, the whole 9.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@TLS Guy, I found some speakers on Craigslist that may be interesting to you. A pair of Jordan Watts speakers for $400. All I know is that they're well regarded full range drivers, but the speakers themselves could be diy.

00I0I_ebDGhwh3YeUz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Or with these.
I think it's a different seller who's not a very good speller, tho he's prolly not a bad feller... :p

00E0E_l25k87Uxa1cz_0nc0he_1200x900.jpg

Funny how they pop up around the same time as the sub.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or with these.
I think it's a different seller who's not a very good speller, tho he's prolly not a bad feller... :p

View attachment 46838

Funny how they pop up around the same time as the sub.
Maybe he thought splitting up the ads would help or couldn't decide what to let go?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Funny, I was thinking about Energy speakers today. They were popular in Canada 10 years ago but kind'a fell off the radar.
That picture was out of the bags ... that plastic was a covering over the drivers ... even the inside of the grill is clean

View attachment 46772
View attachment 46773
View attachment 46774
I found a whole 7.0 Energy speaker set today!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Last but not least, some SVS tower speakers and center from before my time becoming familiar with them. I've never seen these before. The SVS badge even looks different!

00w0w_7LgjDMNrLVz_0ou0CI_1200x900.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh really? Energy speakers seem like hit or miss from what I've read, but I've never heard any.
They were disappearing just as I'd been reading many positive comments about them. I do have an old Take 5 set and for the price was impressed. Just never had a chance to play with any others....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Last but not least, some SVS tower speakers and center from before my time becoming familiar with them. I've never seen these before. The SVS badge even looks different!

View attachment 46839

Looks like my SVS MBS-02, at least the top part, mine are bookshelf style. I remember an MBS-01 that many nice things were said about, don't recall MCS particularly but probably fairly similar....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They were disappearing just as I'd been reading many positive comments about them. I do have an old Take 5 set and for the price was impressed. Just never had a chance to play with any others....
Doing a little googling. The towers retailed for ~$1600/pr it looks like. Drivers look pretty good. Al tweets. Now I'm curious. I definitely don't need them or want to spend $1300 but might be worth a trip just to expand my speaker vocabulary...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doing a little googling. The towers retailed for ~$1600/pr it looks like. Drivers look pretty good. Al tweets. Now I'm curious. I definitely don't need them or want to spend $1300 but might be worth a trip just to expand my speaker vocabulary...
Yeah I think the price is a bit optimistic myself, but I'd think it might be worth some time is all.....

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah I think the price is a bit optimistic myself, but I'd think it might be worth some time is all.....
Well, it's all 7 speakers for 7.0 so actually not too bad. I dunno if he'd wanna break them up tho...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I found a whole 7.0 Energy speaker set today!

They are a higher level over the C-xxx series ... but I do not like the damage on one of the RC-70 speakers ... what would interest me the most would be the RC-10 bookshelf speakers

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Any experience with that series of Energy (or any other Energy lines?)?
No experience with the RC series ... but have experience with the Connoisseur C-2 and the Energy C-1 and C-100 ... the Connoisseur C-2 was a really nice set of speakers

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I think Energy was one of the first companies to get into the compact 5.1 game. The Take 5 were very well received for their size.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis