Are These Finds Good Deals?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Holy crap! Scroll down and look at the other models!
They have a pair in there for $630k! Wtf... I mean... how, why..? What goes into a pair of speakers that justifies a cost like that??

I mean, that's not the first pair of speakers I've seen for that kinda money but it still sticker shocks me every time.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Then again, with the equivalent of 18 ribbon tweets at ~$4-500 apiece things start adding up fast. Still tho, $630k?

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
They have a pair in there for $630k! Wtf... I mean... how, why..? What goes into a pair of speakers that justifies a cost like that??

I mean, that's not the first pair of speakers I've seen for that kinda money but it still sticker shocks me every time.
You already know the answer to that.. Anybody that can afford those isn't living in the same world as most of the rest of us...

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow, those look really cool! Got kind of a line array thing going on, and mids and tweets are open back... er, open baffle? They look like they can handle some power too.
Before they were Nola, they were Alon (get it?)

"Unboxed" mids and highs were always their thing, apparently. These here have a Von Schweikert VR-3 vibe to them:

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That Vancouver store also has the full KEF line. Never heard of the KEF MUON before. No surprise at $300,000! OK, enough exotics. This is supposed to be the Good Deal thread. Maybe start an exotics thread for fun?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
These are a first for my Craigslist forays and have my interest as well. Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 books for $250! I need to do some homework on them but I seem to recall that they're a whole level or two up from the Interlude series. @zieglj01, what's the word on these? Is $250 a "jump on those!" price?

00a0a_3peKbofxGJkz_0na0t2_1200x900.jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Focal Aria 936 towers for $3300. Not cheap, but an actual pretty good deal. I think I'd even be willing to trade my towers for these bad boys. I've been on a big Focal kick lately.

00e0e_bkzxx52cS5Sz_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Focal Aria 936 towers for $3300. Not cheap, but an actual pretty good deal. I think I'd even be willing to trade my towers for these bad boys. I've been on a big Focal kick lately.

View attachment 46717

That might be a fair trade.. You have the sierra towers, right??..

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
These are a first for my Craigslist forays and have my interest as well. Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 books for $250! I need to do some homework on them but I seem to recall that they're a whole level or two up from the Interlude series. @zieglj01, what's the word on these? Is $250 a "jump on those!" price?

View attachment 46716

Go get em.. At that price vs the retail.. You want to take a chance..Edit: i take it back..they are probably pretty good/ great, but the powered version had the class a rating...so maybe not a great deal...

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
These are a first for my Craigslist forays and have my interest as well. Infinity Intermezzo 2.6 books for $250! I need to do some homework on them but I seem to recall that they're a whole level or two up from the Interlude series. @zieglj01, what's the word on these? Is $250 a "jump on those!"
They use to list for $2000 a pair ... they will be a little forward in the treble, but one can EQ that down if they feel the need to do that ... I would go for it

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
They use to list for $2000 a pair ... they will be a little forward in the treble, but one can EQ that down if they feel the need to do that ... I would go for it
Did a little digging and found out they're actually Intermezzo 2.6Ps. The 2.6 have powered woofs and I wouldn't have wanted those. Looks like they retailed for $2k/pr and selling today for around $500. So yeah, not bad.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis