RBH Sound Owner's Thread

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It just dawned on me that I officially qualify to post in this thread now! :cool:
I think I forgot all this time that I can post in this thread now too

20210403_230108.jpg20201011_165303.jpg
3 SV 831R as my front LRC
4 SV-661W as my on wall surrounds
1 SV 1212PR sub
1 SV 1212NR sub

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you ParleyW and AcuDefTechGuy. I am visual so I drew up what I think the two of you are saying, please do take a look - I came up with watching the video below and feedback from flyboylr45

Configuration 1

Here we go Rcvr LFE to AMP (and I am guessing any amp will suffice) and AMP to SV1212-NR and from Rcvr speakers to the SV831-Rs. Question is since I got the passive crossover will this be an incorrect way to do things. Should the SV831-Rs be set to "Large" or "Small" and the crossover frequency at 80Hz

View attachment 44897

Configuration 2
Just a variation of 1 above with potential bi-amping of the SV831-Rs. Again the same question with respect to passive crossover, size of speaker and crossover frequency
View attachment 44898
And the Winner is!! Opens Envelope, and the Oscar goes to...RBH Towers for outstanding Performance with Out green screen or special effects.:D

E

Erod

Audioholic
Anyone have the black aluminum cones in their SI-760 in-walls? How do they look compared to the silver ones?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I was gonna say the same. The black aluminum will just look black, instead of silver. So just a matter of aesthetics preference. I would prefer to match all my aluminum drivers. So if they are all silver, get silver.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, I was gonna say the same. The black aluminum will just look black, instead of silver. So just a matter of aesthetics preference. I would prefer to match all my aluminum drivers. So if they are all silver, get silver.
The silver on black looks pretty sharp I think. I don't have the heart to put my grille on my sub. I think the silver drivers really make it pop. I wouldn't be upset if I owned the black drivers either tho. I'll bet they look pretty nice in their own way.

E

Erod

Audioholic
Those are my thoughts. They say that the silver cones are visible through the grill, but those are to my left and right and behind on the in-walls, so who cares? I don't think they'll be that visible.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Sup Gmoney?! :p Where is that 1080 thread? Enjoying it?
It's coming my lil take on my RX-A1080 that Thor got me the hookup on just been really busy helping out my two Son's at their home's. Speaking of hookups I see you checked out my post of Jennifer Lawrence huh? :D That's a scene from "Red Sparrow" her and Sofas huh? :oops: Wow!! If your a married man do not watch it with your wife or maybe she into Miss Hottie herself. Anyways when you posted up "Never hide a nice pair" I could help myself.;)

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Those are my thoughts. They say that the silver cones are visible through the grill, but those are to my left and right and behind on the in-walls, so who cares? I don't think they'll be that visible.
Mine are silver. You can't tell. My center also has the silver drivers. The silver drivers have a more silky smooth midrange and vanilla bass. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
View attachment 46674View attachment 46675

Last edited:
E

Erod

Audioholic
I have a picture somewhere here with the grills on. Mine are silver. You can't tell. My center also has the silver drivers. The silver drivers have a more silky smooth midrange and vanilla bass. YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
MY LCR are all beryllium (got a free upgrade at the time because they were out of aluminum), and my front wides have aluminum. I'm wanting matching in-walls with the AMTs, and they told me they had black aluminum cones in stock and they were better for in-walls because they didn't reflect light.

Decent point, but nah, I want them all to match.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
MY LCR are all beryllium (got a free upgrade at the time because they were out of aluminum), and my front wides have aluminum. I'm wanting matching in-walls with the AMTs, and they told me they had black aluminum cones in stock and they were better for in-walls because they didn't reflect light.

Decent point, but nah, I want them all to match.
I'm torn between using these in ceiling if I did it would be nice for the drivers to be black. I think they'd be distracting up there

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis