RBH Sound Owner's Thread

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
I'll post pictures once everything is setup. ;-);):):):)
Oooo I’ve watched those under construction. Can’t say enough about the quality of components. What’s inside the box is a beautiful thing. I still have a love affair going with my T2/r and sv-6100 center. I don’t think I’ll upgrade. I did have the chance to add a massive Crestron 7x300 amps to my RBH. They push my set to unimaginable volume during peak tracks in a movie. Scared the hell out of the wife :)

B

BuddhaBoy

Enthusiast
The Pioneer is sending a full range signal to the front speakers. The crossover is present and would apply to any speakers set to small. The signal below the crossover point would be sent to the front speakers. The front speakers are not being limited by the crossover setting, though the way it is displayed doesn’t convey that very well. You can select “Stream Direct” to bypass processing of the signal. If you still can’t get the sound to your satisfaction, maybe a 2080 will suddenly appear out of Acu’s rumpus room.;)
View attachment 44370View attachment 44371
Thank you for this awesome research the sound is really good in stereo in Pure Direct mode. Once I go to the multi-speaker mode (did I mention I also got a pair of RBH SV-61R for the surround sound - only my center channel remains as JBL) the bass does steeply fall off.

I found this video from Gene on Youtube, he has tried to help but seems to speak well over the heads of mere mortals. I tried to decode this video and created this diagram from my understanding of how to set up RBH SVTRs which starts around 6:50 in the video. Could one of you folks please take a look at the video (starting 6:50) and my diagram and let me know if I am understanding it correctly. Thanks in advance.

The Buddha
GeneVideoPicture.png

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
The speaker outputs from the receiver should go ONLY to the 831. You need to unplug the jumper from the 831 to the 1212 if you have a separate amplifier feeding the 1212 via the LFE/SUB output. If you’re going to run it as a full range then you would leave the jumpers in and just go from the receiver pre outs to the amplifier and then from the amplifier to the 1212 which will send the 831s signal via the jumpers.

P

ParleyW

Audioholic
The speaker outputs from the receiver should go ONLY to the 831. You need to unplug the jumper from the 831 to the 1212 if you have a separate amplifier feeding the 1212 via the LFE/SUB output. If you’re going to run it as a full range then you would leave the jumpers in and just go from the receiver pre outs to the amplifier and then from the amplifier to the 1212 which will send the 831s signal via the jumpers.
Just my two cents….
Ive played extensively with running my SX-T2 as full vs running the 1010 as LFE (sort of the same connection issues as SVTR) Using a Pioneer receiver or separates, seems to sound better overall to let my SA-400 amps drive the 1010 as LFE, then I use my spare two channels on my seven channel ATI to bi-amp the the upper portion of the stack. Even with the older Scan Speak 9500 tweeters, it’s really quite startling the quality of sound they can produce. I love the sound of the SVTR, but I can’t be moved off my T2. They scratch every itch. Shane designs one heck of a great system. Best of luck

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just my two cents….
Ive played extensively with running my SX-T2 as full vs running the 1010 as LFE (sort of the same connection issues as SVTR) Using a Pioneer receiver or separates, seems to sound better overall to let my SA-400 amps drive the 1010 as LFE, then I use my spare two channels on my seven channel ATI to bi-amp the the upper portion of the stack. Even with the older Scan Speak 9500 tweeters, it’s really quite startling the quality of sound they can produce. I love the sound of the SVTR, but I can’t be moved off my T2. They scratch every itch. Shane designs one heck of a great system. Best of luck
I also think that ACTIVELY controlling the BASS of the T2, SVT, or any Full-Range Tower is better than PASSIVELY powering the full-range tower as a "single speaker". :D

The reason is because the bass amount changes from content to content. It's much easier to just turn the BASS volume up and down, instead of messing with tone controls or EQ.

The beauty with the RBH Signature towers (like the SVTR) with built-in crossover for the bass is that you can still actively control the bass by removing the metal jumpers and using a separate amp to power the bass like a subwoofer.

Last edited:
B

BuddhaBoy

Enthusiast
Thank you ParleyW and AcuDefTechGuy. I am visual so I drew up what I think the two of you are saying, please do take a look - I came up with watching the video below and feedback from flyboylr45

Configuration 1

Here we go Rcvr LFE to AMP (and I am guessing any amp will suffice) and AMP to SV1212-NR and from Rcvr speakers to the SV831-Rs. Question is since I got the passive crossover will this be an incorrect way to do things. Should the SV831-Rs be set to "Large" or "Small" and the crossover frequency at 80Hz

SVTR2.png

Configuration 2
Just a variation of 1 above with potential bi-amping of the SV831-Rs. Again the same question with respect to passive crossover, size of speaker and crossover frequency
SVTR3.png

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you ParleyW and AcuDefTechGuy. I am visual so I drew up what I think the two of you are saying, please do take a look - I came up with watching the video below and feedback from flyboylr45

Configuration 1

Here we go Rcvr LFE to AMP (and I am guessing any amp will suffice) and AMP to SV1212-NR and from Rcvr speakers to the SV831-Rs. Question is since I got the passive crossover will this be an incorrect way to do things. Should the SV831-Rs be set to "Large" or "Small" and the crossover frequency at 80Hz

View attachment 44897

Configuration 2
Just a variation of 1 above with potential bi-amping of the SV831-Rs. Again the same question with respect to passive crossover, size of speaker and crossover frequency
View attachment 44898
I would go with Configuration 1. It’s okay even if the SV1212NR has the internal XO.

I set my SV831 to Small and XO to 120Hz, but I think 80Hz or 100Hz will work fine.

I don’t see any benefits to bi-amping the SV831, but it does look cooler especially if you have cool cables. :cool: :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I would go with Configuration 1. It’s okay even if the SV1212NR has the internal XO.

I set my SV831 to Small and XO to 120Hz, but I think 80Hz or 100Hz will work fine.

I don’t see any benefits to bi-amping the SV831, but it does look cooler especially if you have cool cables. :cool: :D
Andrew! there you are! You working this weekend? You still holding that two channel amp for me huh?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I also think that ACTIVELY controlling the BASS of the T2, SVT, or any Full-Range Tower is better than PASSIVELY powering the full-range tower as a "single speaker". :D

The reason is because the bass amount changes from content to content. It's much easier to just turn the BASS volume up and down, instead of messing with tone controls or EQ.

The beauty with the RBH Signature towers (like the SVTR) with built-in crossover for the bass is that you can still actively control the bass by removing the metal jumpers and using a separate amp to power the bass like a subwoofer.
Your having a blast with them RHB towers huh? Who buys those other towers with fake speakers and amps inside of them?. :D But really the way your set up to run your towers with that HT room you have I don't see that those other towers could even compare with the bass output your getting. Living the dream man you are, How does that saying go? Do or do not! there is no try!.;)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Your having a blast with them RHB towers huh? Who buys those other towers with fake speakers and amps inside of them?. :D But really the way your set up to run your towers with that HT room you have I don't see that those other towers could even compare with the bass output your getting. Living the dream man you are, How does that saying go? Do are do not! there is no try!.;)
Top of the morning Mike.

Oh yeah I do love giant towers of power. :D

Did my 30min Treadmill, eat some spicy sausage and eggs, drink my Cappuccino, and listen to my larger-than-life SVT.

Of course, Andy (flyboy) is getting his EXTRA-LARGER-than-life SVTRS super towers of power. That's what I call THOR-speakers!

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
At home this weekend enjoying my HT system bro. :D
Thats good your chilling out, I'm over on a Steam Vent thread messing with some of the political a$$hats..lolo.. doesn't take much to get their Panties in a bunch :D just got say ole Joe sucks and post up some half a$$ facts lol, they like rats coming out the wood work! :eek:They start with the name calling as usual doesn't take much to set them off. lolo Have good one bro enjoy your time off.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Top of the morning Mike.

Oh yeah I do love giant towers of power. :D

Did my 30min Treadmill, eat some spicy sausage and eggs, drink my Cappuccino, and listen to my larger-than-life SVT.

Of course, Andy (flyboy) is getting his EXTRA-LARGER-than-life SVTRS super towers of power. That's what I call THOR-speakers!
Where’s my tracking NUMBER?!?!?!?!? :eek::eek:
Who knows where my other amp is. FedEx still shows it in California!!!! Good thing I’m working otherwise I’d be going crazy!!!! Lol lol :D:D

At least this waiting gives me a chance to play with positioning before they become a permanent part of the house. ;)o_O

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Where’s my tracking NUMBER?!?!?!?!? :eek::eek:
Who knows where my other amp is. FedEx still shows it in California!!!! Good thing I’m working otherwise I’d be going crazy!!!! Lol lol :D:D

At least this waiting gives me a chance to play with positioning before they become a permanent part of the house. ;)o_O
Yeah no kidding. Once the SVTRS is in place, it's not moving. :D

It appears this little ice storm is messing up FedEx and UPS.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
I know!!!! I waited all day by the door for the ATI. Nobody came....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know!!!! I waited all day by the door for the ATI. Nobody came....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Aw. I'm sure we all feel your pain of having to wait a few extra days for your SECOND ATI 900WPC/4-ohm amp. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis