Are These Finds Good Deals?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Okay, I found a few postings of interest for @mixlsplitz1. These are not necessarily suggestions yet, and most will probably be a pass. I usually get some good feedback and every once in a while we find something.

These Sonus Fabers are over budget but they sure look nice, and it looks like he's selling the matching center separate too. Might be able to see if he'll package it. I don't know if you can swing it tho.

There are a pair of ML books in there with folded ribbon tweeters too. $400 for the books.*

The RBH 61-SEs have been reposted. Says in the ad that there's 1 jumper missing. Not a big deal. These are really tempting for the price. You definitely will need a sub to go with them.

*Edited to delete a pair of ML electrostats.
Man I'd buy a pair of ML electrostats if I could get them for the right price. They sound very cool when set up properly, but I have no idea where I'd put them. They sound best (to me) in a large room. Mine are all taken up.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I got it to work. Those are like the ones I posted
Man I'd buy a pair of ML electrostats if I could get them for the right price. They sound very cool when set up properly, but I have no idea where I'd put them. They sound best (to me) in a large room. Mine are all taken up.
I don't know if $600 is a good price for the Aeris or not, but the description implies they're a little on the beat up side. They're from the early 90's too. That's why I deleted them from the post.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I got it to work. Those are like the ones I posted

I don't know if $600 is a good price for the Aeris or not, but the description implies they're a little on the beat up side. They're from the early 90's too. That's why I deleted them from the post.

That's asking bit too much I'd say, but I bet they still sound pretty good.

I'd buy them for $200-300 maybe. Maybe.

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
No reply even today. I told him I wanted the center to go with the L/R

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Colorado Springs Craigslist is generally a black hole for decent speakers. Some Salks awhile back but that’s about it. Occasionally some Klipsch KG’s, would make for a nice garage setup.

M

mixlsplitz1

Audioholic Intern
I'd hit him again. Email or text? If it's email I type my phone number in there too. They'll usually send a text to reply.
I texted him. I'll try again. I texted the guy in litchfield too about the Atlantic speakers but no reply

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dang this is one powerful and maybe the prettiest subs I've seen. Would match nicely in my living room. Sigh that's a good deal. I'm glad it's far away.
_20210212_115435.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That looks nice. Wonder if the AMP is still in great shape
Not sure, but if it were near me I'd check out for ya. It's two hours away + traffic maybe two and a half. It is truly a piece of art. Wonder why SVS doesn't do that wooden color anymore?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That is always a concern with used subs ... no warranty
Even more concerning for powered woofers in tower speakers. I almost never consider those. Especially the older ones, good luck finding a replacement if one craps out on you.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Even more concerning for powered woofers in tower speakers. I almost never consider those. Especially the older ones, good luck finding a replacement if one craps out on you.
At least you can add any 500 watt amp with the sub if anything.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis