What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sadly, this one only confirmed my analogue scale was performing just fine. :oops:
View attachment 43858

Kiddin'. I love it. I'm now sad it does only 5g, I wanna weigh everything around the house. I'm very satisfied. Few bucks on Aliexpress. You just have to be patient a little bit.
Analog instruments can be very nice, and can absolutely be just as accurate/precise as any digital instrument! The caveats are that analog instruments tend to be more fragile, and take a bit more user experience and skill to get accurate/precise readings.

Hopefully you know this--NEVER touch the calibration weight with your bare hands. Oils from your hands will ruin a calibration weight! Always use gloves (best), or at least a lint-free wipe.

A quick check for those in the USA, a USA nickel should weigh 5 grams.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Analog instruments can be very nice, and can absolutely be just as accurate/precise as any digital instrument! The caveats are that analog instruments tend to be more fragile, and take a bit more user experience and skill to get accurate/precise readings.

Hopefully you know this--NEVER touch the calibration weight with your bare hands. Oils from your hands will ruin a calibration weight! Always use gloves (best), or at least a lint-free wipe.

A quick check for those in the USA, a USA nickel should weigh 5 grams.
Thanks, man!! That's neat! How does it ruin the calibration weight?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks, man!! That's neat! How does it ruin the calibration weight?
Just oil from your hands adds mass to the weight. Sure, 1 or 2 times will probably make no difference for your balance at the range and precision. Regardless, only using gloves or a lint-free cloth is always the best practice.

But, at work, I have a $12k analytical balance! It is the nicest balance I have ever used, reliably measures to 1/10,000 of a gram, and worth every penny of that $12k price tag. When you have instruments of this quality, if you touch a calibration weight 1 time with your bare hands, you just completely ruined that calibration weight! Even worse, if you don't realize the error, you may produce poor data quality, and that gets really expensive really quickly in my field.

Needless to say....I have a set of calibration weights under lock and key.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Yes, I still have about 190 VHS tapes, I've thought of copying some to DVD on my Toshiba VHS/DVD Combo deck but then realize if the tape sounds/looks terrible I'd just be copying garbage from one media to another. Have "Breaking Away" on tape but can't seem to find a sensibly priced copy on DVD or Blu-ray.

View attachment 42623
Whoa! $149?? I bought my Breaking Away blu ray for $9.99 way back.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This pretty thing was staring at me at the thrift store and I couldn't resist. Gloss screen 720p/1080p? Sony SDM-HS95P PC Monitor. Older model maybe 10yrs old. Alot of adjustments too. Lucky find. Look at the price on the Right. Zoinks.
IMG_26012021_162546_(1742_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This pretty thing was staring at me at the thrift store and I couldn't resist. Gloss screen 720p/1080p? Sony SDM-HS95P PC Monitor. Older model maybe 10yrs old. Alot of adjustments too. Lucky find. Look at the price on the Right. Zoinks.
View attachment 44039
My local thifts suck for TVs and stuff but I found a few old monitors ... sadly my laptop died soon after and probably cost too much to get power port fixed ...

I got over 30 Blu-ray’s there $1 ea .. some 50 cents . Probably over 40 DVD’s from thrift all mint condition mostly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My local thifts suck for TVs and stuff but I found a few old monitors ... sadly my laptop died soon after and probably cost too much to get power port fixed ...

I got over 30 Blu-ray’s there $1 ea .. some 50 cents . Probably over 40 DVD’s from thrift all mint condition mostly .

Keep checking.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Pick these up today at Thrift($2 each :eek: :eek: :eek: ) and Biglots($5). Hacksaw Ridge 4K(3db you need to get this for heights it's highly recommended) and Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D(had this one and it's has great 3D). Also had Lorax 3D and it's great 3D.
IMG_26012021_212404_(2000_x_1303_pixel).jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Have you tried a different laptop charger?

How do you know the power port is the problem?

If it is only the physical connection that is the problem, it should not be too expensive nor difficult to replace the terminals. Of course, jobs like these are best done for yourself, where you are only out a few bucks for the parts and maybe 1 hour of time. And, of course the initial cost for tools, or maybe find a friend or a local co-op that will let you borrow the tools (and maybe teach you how to do the repair).

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Boom!

bm-ribbon-front-large.jpg

It's ordered but they're back logged so I'm looking at the end of March for delivery. That's right around my b day tho so it kinda works out!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
View attachment 44039
Which thrift store? My local Goodwill did not have much audio/video selections, but that was over a year ago "pre- Covid", and the local Salvation Army store was closed for re-model.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Which thrift store? My local Goodwill did not have much audio/video selections, but that was over a year ago "pre- Covid", and the local Salvation Army store was closed for re-model.
There is various that I go to. A good one is also American Thrift not sure if they are everywhere though. They like others have great stuff but you got to go early before the vultures come in. :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My order from Fat Possum Records came in on 180 gm vinyl.

1611843369560.png

Sweet Blood Call: Amazon.ca: Music

1611843686592.jpeg

1611843723250.jpeg
This one came in multicolored red

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Some recent Thrift Vinyl and CD haul preview:
IMG_28012021_111209_(2000_x_1148_pixel).jpg
IMG_28012021_111239_(1425_x_1900_pixel).jpg

Also these:
_20210128_123706.JPG

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Tired of wearing a headset on Zoom Calls, so upgraded my Mic
Blue Yeti Pro X
Went with this model because it upgrades to 24bit. Just going to use for voice and it fits the bill. Boom Arm and filters coming tomorrow.
YetiProX.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis