What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked up a pair of Image-T65 to use in my main system as shown below;
Main-12.JPG

I ordered a new pair of grills (the previous owner had solder splats all over the grills) and 18 feet from PSB to refit all my PSBs that did not have feet. I finally dialed them in this past Friday. More pics in the Pro's & Joe's gallery.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Like new DJ Pre II Ebay for only $40. Although the pyle I bought was good enough this one has a volume control and clearer + more. Put a tape on the light cause damn thing was blinding. Also ordered a new used android phone.
MI_09122020_104114.png

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So what would the XLS do with the 2/4 ohm load?

ps Which Infinity drivers?
The XLS didn't like having one channel running @4ohms and the other running @2ohms. So now I've got my two 4ohm subs on the new amp @300w ea and the 8ohm subs running @300w ea on the XLS. Works great.

The drivers are Infinity 1260w and 1262w. I have two of each. They work well, but in this room they don't seem to dig as deep as they did in my old theater. Even with two extra drivers in the mix. Audyssey XT32 on my Denon may behave differently than Audyssey on my Onkyo that "only" has XT.

I need to do some testing without Audyssey to see if that is the case or I'm just misremembering.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The XLS didn't like having one channel running @4ohms and the other running @2ohms. So now I've got my two 4ohm subs on the new amp @300w ea and the 8ohm subs running @300w ea on the XLS. Works great.

The drivers are Infinity 1260w and 1262w. I have two of each. They work well, but in this room they don't seem to dig as deep as they did in my old theater. Even with two extra drivers in the mix. Audyssey XT32 on my Denon may behave differently than Audyssey on my Onkyo that "only" has XT.

I need to do some testing without Audyssey to see if that is the case or I'm just misremembering.
What did it do, shut down? Never tried a mismatched impedance like that. I have a coupla 1262w subs, too.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
What did it do, shut down? Never tried a mismatched impedance like that. I have a coupla 1262w subs, too.
It went into thermal protection mode. Regularly. Now, it's fine. No issues at all.

To be fair, when I wired the 1262's @2ohm the same thing happened, but thats running over 400w OVER RMS. It worked fine, but those drivers wouldn't have lasted long with that wattage. Not really a fair test, but that's the last time it went into protection mode.

At some point I'll build a few 18" subs to replace them, but that's low on the list right now.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I used to have a pair of those in my car trunk! I sold them before I became aware of how to build them up for HT use. If I had known that before I sold them, I likely would have a pair in my HT now.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got an Audio Technica LS500 dual moving magnet cartridge in today, an ebay purchase for just over $100 shipped. It's lightly used, no marks on it and looks good and clean with as much magnification as I can give it. I was looking for something better than the AT70 I had put on my Kenwood KD-4100 that I fixed up, but didn't want to break the bank on a TT that I don't even have $95 into.

Now to find info about setup, such as overhang and VTF. :) No hurry, I had to order longer screws to get it onto the headshell.

Attachments

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

This MonoPrice VGA to HDMI converter allows me to use an input on my old Dell computer monitor for modifying the settings on the Denon 4700 in a room without a TV.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
P452.png

Here's a picture of the 8.2lb March Audio Purifi based P452 class D amp sitting on top of my Denon DCD-800NE CD Player. It's been running for 30 minutes feeding the Ascend Sierra Towers and the aluminum case is still cool to the touch.

The P452 stereo amp drives my towers to 75dB while only using 16W of power (measured by Kill-a-Watt). Meanwhile, the Denon 4700 in pre-amp mode uses 46W. The two units combined (Denon 4700 in preamp mode plus P452) offer a very comfortable listening level while only drawing 62W from the wall outlet.

That's less than half the power the Denon 4700 would take on its own with the internal amps and less than 1/3 the power of my previous Denon 4700/Monolith 7X combination. Now I only turn the Monolith on when 7.2.4 mode is desired for movies. Stereo does fine with just the towers and the P452.

I'm using Monoprice 6ft Premier Series XLR Male to RCA Male Cable, 16AWG (Gold Plated) connectors between the XLR outputs on the P452 and the Denon 4700.
Product # 4777.

March Audio P452 Specs:
  • Power Output
    • 2 Ohms - 450 W rms
    • 4 Ohms - 425 W rms
    • 8 Ohms - 227 W rms
  • Current Output - 27 Amps
  • THD + N - 0.00017%
  • Output Noise - 20uV
  • Signal To Noise Ratio - 131 dB(A)
  • Output Impedance - 70uOhms
  • Input Impedance 10 kOhms
  • Frequency Response - 10Hz to 60kHz (+0/-3dB)
  • Voltage Gain 26.5dB
  • Dimensions 380mm x 200mm x 85mm
inside view
inside.jpg

Rear view
rear.jpg

Last edited:
MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Do you still use or your cassette deck? I ask because I thought I was the only nut bar on here using one. :p
Yes, I still have about 190 VHS tapes, I've thought of copying some to DVD on my Toshiba VHS/DVD Combo deck but then realize if the tape sounds/looks terrible I'd just be copying garbage from one media to another. Have "Breaking Away" on tape but can't seem to find a sensibly priced copy on DVD or Blu-ray.

Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 10.46.26 PM.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Joker was on sale for $8!! Just watched Leon last night, the remaster looks great. Waiting on Fifth Element to arrive tomorrow.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
taking a few days off this week, went to the local used record store and got these:

IMG_3026.JPG
IMG_3027.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Joker was on sale for $8!! Just watched Leon last night, the remaster looks great. Waiting on Fifth Element to arrive tomorrow.

Is that the real Leon and not the edited version? The difference is Luke Skywalker‘s mom is really smoking people and not pretending to

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis