BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...the speakers are model number RADV004982WL.
I'm not sure who makes those speakers, and when you search Google and get ZERO results, it is never a good sign. It would be helpful to link to a page which shows the make/model of the speakers you have. It is always useful to just provide a link to the product instead of uploading stuff if you can. This way we can just click through to the original product page instead of having to search for it ourselves, then look through material to figure things out.

For example, if we were talking about Definitive Technology speakers, the product page would be here:

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
He has the active sub (only) now. Why would you need spare main speaker terminals, tho?
Sorry, he may not need more main speaker terminals. It's clear he can output to sub via speaker output. The problem however is it appears there are no speaker outputs on the sub to run back to mains, unless I am not seeing them from the picture shown? Now if I am right about that he would need speaker B terminals on his amp to run to mains.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry, he may not need more main speaker terminals. It's clear he can output to sub via speaker output. The problem however is it appears there are no speaker outputs on the sub to run back to mains, unless I am not seeing them from the picture shown? Now if I am right about that he would need speaker B terminals on his amp to run to mains.
Well right now he needs an amp/avr, he only has the sub/speakers (and we're still trying to figure out just what those speakers are). You can run from the same amp terminals to both speakers and sub, tho might have trouble with lower gauge wire bare ends fitting well, but you can work around that.

S

sterling shoote

Well right now he needs an amp/avr, he only has the sub/speakers (and we're still trying to figure out just what those speakers are). You can run from the same amp terminals to both speakers and sub, tho might have trouble with lower gauge wire bare ends fitting well, but you can work around that.
I did not know that wire could be run from amp's speaker terminals to both front and sub without concern. The OP might just want to buy the new Marantz NR-1200 Receiver. It has a RCA sub output and permits low pass setting from 150 to 40 Hz. No high pass filter though. Just $599. BTW, I'm now running my new Parasound P6 with sub out low pass set at 63 Hz and mains high pass at 50Hz. Sounds really nice. And since the Parasound's usb B, coax, and optical inputs support .1, I am enjoying a very full frequency spectrum up to maybe 10,000 Hz at which point my hearing is shot.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did not know that wire could be run from amp's speaker terminals to both front and sub without concern. The OP might just want to buy the new Marantz NR-1200 Receiver. It has a RCA sub output and permits low pass setting from 150 to 40 Hz. No high pass filter though. Just $599. BTW, I'm now running my new Parasound P6 with sub out low pass set at 63 Hz and mains high pass at 50Hz. Sounds really nice. And since the Parasound's usb B, coax, and optical inputs support .1, I am enjoying a very full frequency spectrum up to maybe 10,000 Hz at which point my hearing is shot.
He's got five speakers. Two ch amp that expensive without proper bass management seems a waste of money to me....you can do better with a regular avr.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
...Just $599...
That's way over his budget. In reality, a full fledged surround receiver is necessary considering the number of speakers he wants to utilize. But, without knowing the specifics of what the speakers are, it may not be appropriate to use them at all. I ended up buying a small 5 speaker package from Sony for my setup when I needed some cheap 'standard' speakers in my theater. They work fine with a standard AVR. He might end up just needing to toss out the speakers he has and getting something that follows the industry standards. Hard to know at this point.

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
I'm not sure who makes those speakers, and when you search Google and get ZERO results, it is never a good sign. It would be helpful to link to a page which shows the make/model of the speakers you have. It is always useful to just provide a link to the product instead of uploading stuff if you can. This way we can just click through to the original product page instead of having to search for it ourselves, then look through material to figure things out.

For example, if we were talking about Definitive Technology speakers, the product page would be here:
They are pioneer. Couldn't upload photo, too big a file. Shouldn't have take zoomed in photo

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
They are pioneer. Couldn't upload photo, too big a file. Shouldn't have take zoomed in photo
I d send a link but I know not how to. I found what I think I need by chance on sound certified website. Googled sub connection to old amp and seemed to be what I could understand. I literally took a photo of the page and just tried to attach it here. Guess what, file too fricking large! Me and technology don't gel

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Need to resize most pics to post here directly (or use a photo hosting service and post links). If you use Windows 10 just right click on the picture file and select edit, takes to paint and has a resize option....try 30 %.

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
Need to resize most pics to post here directly (or use a photo hosting service and post links). If you use Windows 10 just right click on the picture file and select edit, takes to paint and has a resize option....try 30 %.
Sorry I have to smile. You're all trying to help with my music working and now giving me advice with picture file doctoring. This is why this is driving me nuts. I don't understand tech. If you can find that "soundcertified" page it'll make sense. Picture no. 2 I think

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
Sorry I have to smile. You're all trying to help with my music working and now giving me advice with picture file doctoring. This is why this is driving me nuts. I don't understand tech. If you can find that "soundcertified" page it'll make sense. Picture no. 2 I think
I do appreciate the help. I won't answer until later as it's 1.50am now

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You'd need to post the link to that....which you probably don't know how to do? :) Don't know about copying and pasting urls?

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
You'd need to post the link to that....which you probably don't know how to do? :) Don't know about copying and pasting urls
You'd need to post the link to that....which you probably don't know how to do? :) Don't know about copying and pasting urls?
It showed input from amp to sub speaker inputs and from amp also to external speakers. Basically 8 cables out of amp. 4 to speakers and 4 to speaker outlets on sub. No connection from amp to sub via RCA input

S

sterling shoote

It showed input from amp to sub speaker inputs and from amp also to external speakers. Basically 8 cables out of amp. 4 to speakers and 4 to speaker outlets on sub. No connection from amp to sub via RCA input
OK, the wiring scheme you've described shows you exactly how to do it, so is problem solved?

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
OK, the wiring scheme you've described shows you exactly how to do it, so is problem solved?
Don't hold your breath but hopefully. Now I know what I think is correct way, I ll get appropriate cables and let you know!. I d like to do this properly indoors when time allows, so will be needing some advice on that. I m keen on building my own sub. I'm a carpenter so that bits easy

S

sterling shoote

Don't hold your breath but hopefully. Now I know what I think is correct way, I ll get appropriate cables and let you know!. I d like to do this properly indoors when time allows, so will be needing some advice on that. I m keen on building my own sub. I'm a carpenter so that bits easy
Interestingly enough, I am a lousy handyman, I run for the hills when my wife asks me to fix anything around the house. Carpentry no way, I already lost one eye and I want to keep the other one as well as my fingers. Home audio is also a challenge in all manner for me but I finally got enough knowledge about bass management to be dangerous. I think you've got it down now too.

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
I
Interestingly enough, I am a lousy handyman, I run for the hills when my wife asks me to fix anything around the house. Carpentry no way, I already lost one eye and I want to keep the other one as well as my fingers. Home audio is also a challenge in all manner for me but I finally got enough knowledge about bass management to be dangerous. I think you've got it down now too.
I ll post if it works as I want when I get my amp

P

Paintboy

Audioholic Intern
I

I ll post if it works as I want when I get my amp
Right, got my mini amp. I wired one speaker to it and it functions. Great. I wired as per diagram online , not so great, truck all from sub. Any ideas?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Right, I ll bear that in mind. This set up is only for my workshop. Doesn't have to be amazing quality. I m going to try and do it properly indoors at some point so will do that to get the best out of equipment.Cheers for advice
A sub out on a receiver makes setting a crossover point easy and simplifies life in general! You've gotten some great advice so far. I agree with BMX. Hit the classifieds and find yourself an older, cheaper AV receiver and it should solve all your problems!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis