Reform or Eliminate the Electoral College

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Over the weekend, I read that the NRA filled for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

There are numerous other legal & money issues hounding the NRA. I won’t get into them here because I really don’t want this thread to deviate from electoral college reform or elimination. Take the NRA discussion to another thread.
Be still my beating heart!

Nice to hear some good news.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I can't be the only one thinking "why have an inauguration in public anyway?"
Because the country is supposed to be "for the people". Would you rather they change POTUS in private? Maybe they could choose POTUS that way, too. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Because the country is supposed to be "for the people". Would you rather they change POTUS in private? Maybe they could choose POTUS that way, too. :)
That was a big leap, but I was really only referring to this one. Only because nobody can go (for the most part) and there are so many threats and everything else it just seems like it'd be the smarter play.

highfigh

highfigh

That was a big leap, but I was really only referring to this one. Only because nobody can go (for the most part) and there are so many threats and everything else it just seems like it'd be the smarter play.
It can be seen on TV, as if it were a normal ceremony. I mean, aside from the troops, fences, vacant spaces, etc.

It will be good when things return to 'normal', whatever that will be.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It can be seen on TV, as if it were a normal ceremony. I mean, aside from the troops, fences, vacant spaces, etc.

It will be good when things return to 'normal', whatever that will be.
That's really what I meant about the inauguration. Just have a small indoor thing where they can control the environment. If that's what they're doing then it doesn't matter. I just didn't see the point of having anything big outside.

highfigh

highfigh

That's really what I meant about the inauguration. Just have a small indoor thing where they can control the environment. If that's what they're doing then it doesn't matter. I just didn't see the point of having anything big outside.
You forgot that this is America, didn't you? Texas is just a smaller place where people do everything bigger.

Bigly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't read a lot of the preceding posts but aside from the tradition, would you have them do it inside the building instead after the the 6th? I was thinking mostly sniper exposure with the outside thing myself....was more expecting a zoom thing really.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't read a lot of the preceding posts but aside from the tradition, would you have them do it inside the building instead after the the 6th? I was thinking mostly sniper exposure with the outside thing myself....was more expecting a zoom thing really.
I guess. Not sure what else the'd do.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I guess. Not sure what else the'd do.
Interesting how they did it in a way, but did like to see the "restored" Capitol building. The juxtaposition vs two weeks earlier was striking. The small audience and the relatively low volume of applause was a bit weird....but overall a good "show"....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis