killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Ha, haaa!! But this warms your heart, we've gathered so much help in food, water, clothing, blankets, covers and money, it is literately difficult to unload it all.They're gonna get some help!
This is the epicenter, it swallowed the ground:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Back to the spread of corona virus in the US. The 7-day average of new Covid-19 cases in the US has dropped to 180,341. As you can see in the graph (below), there was peak of over 200,00 per day in the last few weeks. That is said to be the effect of travel over Thanksgiving a month ago. Will the new cases continue to drop? Or will it rise again to a possibly higher peak because of travel over the Christmas and New Year's holidays?

The US vaccination goal for December was 20 million. I read this morning that 2.1 million people have been vaccinated so far – about 10% of the goal. Funny how reality interferes with all those ambitious projections. We can't have those vaccinations soon enough!

1609277925155.png

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Back to the spread of corona virus in the US. The 7-day average of new Covid-19 cases in the US has dropped to 180,341. As you can see in the graph (below), there was peak of over 200,00 per day in the last few weeks. That is said to be the effect of travel over Thanksgiving a month ago. Will the new cases continue to drop? Or will it rise again to a possibly higher peak because of travel over the Christmas and New Year's holidays?

The US vaccination goal for December was 20 million. I read this morning that 2.1 million people have been vaccinated so far – about 10% of the goal. Funny how reality interferes with all those ambitious projections. We can't have those vaccinations soon enough!

View attachment 43150
Expect things to change. The mutant strain that appeared to originate in the Isle of Sheppey, has now been found in a 20 year old in Colorado. There is no known contact of this individual from anyone who travelled to England. So that means there is already community spread in Colorado.

Meanwhile in the UK this virus is marching relentlessly and rapidly north, defying control measures. So the government will likely introduce even more extreme measures tomorrow. Hospitals are running out of capacity and it looks as if triage will be required.

I just feel strongly this strain is ravaging California. Triage is imminent there and news reports are saying that patients are now being turned away from hospitals.
We now need a really stringent national lockdown. In my view it is time to close the airports and close the Interstates except for food and other essentials. Medical staff need relief and be able to rapidly vaccinate the population. I think we are now in the most serious phase of the crisis.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The mutant strain that appeared to originate in the Isle of Sheppey, has now been found in a 20 year old in Colorado. There is no known contact of this individual from anyone who travelled to England. So that means there is already community spread in Colorado.
I have no doubt that this mutant strain is rapidly on it's way to becoming the predominant strain world wide.
Meanwhile in the UK …
Today, the UK announced emergency approval for the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine. I haven't seen any clinical data more recent than the press release from a month ago. So, I'm curious what it looks like. But it is also possible that mounting public and political pressure in the UK played a role in an early decision.

I've heard nothing recent about Astra Zeneca's US-based clinical trial of it's vaccine. Will it be submitted to the FDA soon?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I have no doubt that this mutant strain is rapidly on it's way to becoming the predominant strain world wide.
Today, the UK announced emergency approval for the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine. I haven't seen any clinical data more recent than the press release from a month ago. So, I'm curious what it looks like. But it is also possible that mounting public and political pressure in the UK played a role in an early decision.

I've heard nothing recent about Astra Zeneca's US-based clinical trial of it's vaccine. Will it be submitted to the FDA soon?
The Oxford vaccine is approved. It will rollout Monday. It will be a game changer. The Pfizer vaccine is unfortunately not practical for a mass vaccination campaign under the current circumstances. There has been significant waste everywhere, in the UK, Minnesota and especially Wisconsin. The arduous cold chain renders it impractical. I suspect that the Moderna vaccine will prove difficult also, as it needs thawing and rolling it out is difficult.

The Oxford vaccine is the first one fit for the task at hand. They did trials with the second dose delayed up to 90 days. Only two people got ill after receiving one dose and they were within 48 hours of receiving the first dose. So they already had the virus when injected. None of the others went to hospital or died. So essentially it is 100% effective. The vaccine only needs refrigeration, and even if not refrigerated is apparently stable for 6 to 8 weeks. It requires no dilution. It is vial to syringe to arm. So it is ideal for administration by people with minimal training (OJT). Unfortunately the US has ordered little of this vaccine, which will prove to be another miss step.
The UK want to rapidly crank up to 2 million jabs a week. I watched BOJO's news conference today, with Professor Jonathan Van Tam. This target is practical with the Oxford vaccine, but not the Pfizer one. So the design of the Oxford vaccine was correct from the start.

There is data that giving the Oxford vaccine doses spaced 90 days is at least as effective as a 28 day spacing. There is good data on that. So a 90 day spacing is the quickest route to herd immunity and will end the pandemic soonest.

Now the UK regulator has extrapolated the Oxford data to the Pfizer vaccine, and given approval for a 90 day dose spacing. So the UK will space both vaccines 90 days apart. This is not sanctioned by Pfizer, but the UK has ordered all vaccine doses be spaced by 90 days.

India will roll out the Oxford vaccine imminently. They say they have a billion doses and may be more in the pipeline. They will roll it out in India and the poorer nations imminently. The Oxford vaccine is about $3.50 per dose. I have thought from the beginning that it was the Oxford vaccine was the one most likely to bring the world back from the Abyss. I think that judgement will prove correct.

I think that Astra/Zenaka will apply for an EUA in the US in about 3 to 4 weeks. This can not come soon enough. I hope we are really ramping up production here.

The new UK strain is devastating, and the situation worsening by the day fast. Children do seem to be affected by this strain, with increased numbers of teenagers going to hospital. This is receiving attention. This new strain means we can not hang about. We need to move fast. I think the US should accept the work of the UK regulator now and get moving.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I just feel strongly this strain is ravaging California. Triage is imminent there and news reports are saying that patients are now being turned away from hospitals.
We now need a really stringent national lockdown. In my view it is time to close the airports and close the Interstates except for food and other essentials. Medical staff need relief and be able to rapidly vaccinate the population. I think we are now in the most serious phase of the crisis.
Here's a report of a case in Southern California:

>>>California has identified a case of the fast-spreading COVID-19 variant first reported in the United Kingdom, Governor Gavin Newsom announced Wednesday. The announcement comes as a day after America's first case of the strain was reported in Colorado. <<<

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
That lockdown was announced several days before it came into effect and before the new strain was detected there. So, I don't think the two are related.
The spread of the variant arrived in our Quebec province a couple of days ago. A woman who was in contact with a relative or friend who had traveled to the UK.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
There has been significant waste everywhere, in the UK, Minnesota and especially Wisconsin.
Inadequate, unrealistic, or no planning at all by the federal government, accompanied by the failure of certain states to execute the details of distribution, has led to immunizing 2.1 million people instead of the stated goal of 20 million by the end of December. I think that's shameful.

Even more shocking is the waste of more than 500 doses, at the Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, Wisconsin. Originally said to be an accident, a now-fired employee later admitted it was a deliberate act. I can't imagine what delusions motivated such a shameful act. I think it should be treated as a crime. At the very least, that unidentified employee should be stripped of all certifications from Wisconsin, and efforts taken to make sure he/she never works again in any medical facility.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Inadequate, unrealistic, or no planning at all by the federal government, accompanied by the failure of certain states to execute the details of distribution, has led to immunizing 2.1 million people instead of the stated goal of 20 million by the end of December. I think that's shameful.

Even more shocking is the waste of more than 500 doses, at the Aurora Medical Center in Grafton, Wisconsin. Originally said to be an accident, a now-fired employee later admitted it was a deliberate act. I can't imagine what delusions motivated such a shameful act. I think it should be treated as a crime. At the very least, that unidentified employee should be stripped of all certifications from Wisconsin, and efforts taken to make sure he/she never works again in any medical facility.
The intentional waste of the vaccine in Wisconsin makes my blood boil.

highfigh

highfigh

There has been significant waste everywhere, in the UK, Minnesota and especially Wisconsin. The arduous cold chain renders it impractical. I suspect that the Moderna vaccine will prove difficult also, as it needs thawing and rolling it out is difficult.
Once again, Wisconsin makes the news for the wrong reasons. Well done!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
The NYT has an article today about the vaccine delays.

Some of the reasons are frustrating to read:

>>>In Puerto Rico, last week’s vaccine shipments did not arrive until the workers who would have administered them had left for the Christmas holiday. <<<

Some of the delays seem to be inexplicable:

>>>States have held back doses to be given out to their nursing homes and other long-term-care facilities, an effort that is just gearing up and expected to take several months. Across the country, just 8 percent of the doses distributed for use in these facilities have been administered, with two million yet to be given.<<<

Some of it appears to be poor planning and coordination:

>>>And critically, public health experts say, federal officials have left many of the details of the final stage of the vaccine distribution process, such as scheduling and staffing, to overstretched local health officials and hospitals. “We’ve taken the people with the least amount of resources and capacity and asked them to do the hardest part of the vaccination — which is actually getting the vaccines administered into people’s arms,” said Dr. Ashish Jha, the dean of Brown University’s School of Public Health. Federal and state officials have denied they are to blame for the slow rollout. . . . “Ultimately, the buck seems to stop with no one,” Dr. Jha said. <<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Good. That'd have to be at least a felony.
Yes, three felonies:

>>>Police in Grafton, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) north of Milwaukee, said the Advocate Aurora Health pharmacist was arrested on suspicion of reckless endangerment, adulterating a prescription drug and criminal damage to property, all felonies.<<<

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I would charge for attempted manslaughter. It is my understanding that 57 people were given vaccinations with the temperature compromised vials.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis