M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I can't help but wonder if Keyontae Johnson's collapse is related to COVID-19. As far as I can tell there is no evidence it was. On the other hand, I don't think it has been ruled out either.
There are reports out that Keyontae Johnson was diagnosed with acute myocarditis. Media reports are linking it to COVID-19, but the link has not been confirmed or denied by any medical professionals that I'm aware of. It seems like it would be remarkable coincidence if it turns out it was not caused by COVID-19.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
That's like telling a woman to calm down.
If the reports are true and his narcissism only allows himself to play golf today, criticize those for not continuing to back his reelection, and refusing to sign a package that would give those some much needed assistance.....you can put the pie in your face now. Merry Xmas!:(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Reminds me of the time Condi was scolded by a passerby for going to Ferragamo's while New Orleaners are sleeping on the pavement during Hurricane Katrina. Yep not too good a optics by Trump playing this much golf since the election and the covid relief bill disaster. I'm no fan of Pelosi, or McConnell. There's poop in the bill I don't like, but the fumes of Trump worrying about his legacy smells bad. The three of em are garbage. At this point you just have to get the damn things passed. What a clusterfuck.

The wall on the lockdown will be broken down like it or not. We just can't have people say 15 blocks long in Chicago waiting at food banks while relying on Congress to get anything done.

I think the overall lesson is you can't MAGA while also being the biggest prick in history. A few here still don't get it. It's Trump Derangement Syndrome or some other neurotic Trump hate while ignoring the part about where it comes from. The amount of chaos and unrest the man has created in four short years is enormous. For them I don't see any lesson learned. Meaning they might elect another Trump again. And that's the saddest part of it all. He set the tone early with "grabbing pussy" and "their coming here to rape our children and women," and it never really changed.

PS- I think its much simpler than that even. America is a much more unhappy environment under Trump.

Last edited:
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I recognize my idea on covid could be wrong. I don't think there's a right answer. Either open things up more, or the funds have to be there for those falling into poverty. I can only hope charity comes through. I also think it's easier to support the lockdown if you're not in poverty.

Regarding Trump, I think the only way is for him to die off. Then his base doesn't have that momentum. I could walk out onto 5th avenue and shoot someone and nobody would do anything about it. Not exactly but.....I could have stolen the election and my base and the Republicans would've looked the other way. Likely.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Jeez a 108 year old woman died of covid. Oldest person I've heard in quite a while.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately, the new strain has been detected in Canada:

>>>TORONTO (Reuters) -Health officials in Ontario said on Saturday that two confirmed cases of the new coronavirus variant first detected in the United Kingdom have appeared in the Canadian province. . . .
The Canadian cases, identified in a couple in southern Ontario with no known travel history, exposure or high-risk contact, came as the province went into a lockdown on Saturday.<<<

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'll go along with Trump on this one. The $600 isn't enough. In an ideal world there wouldn't be all this other *stuff* in there and simply relief based on income. I suspect a wee bit of the difficulty in tossing the overseas portion is payments to our military people. It's been months as it is since the last. Who knows how much longer it will take for a third to arrive. At this point I say print money and don't worry about the amount of debt, but I'm sure that's being naive.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The other option as an analyst said is a) Trump really doesn't know what's in the bill, and b) he's seeking attention (ie his legacy). I'm much more inclined to believe that.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Unfortunately, the new strain has been detected in Canada:

>>>TORONTO (Reuters) -Health officials in Ontario said on Saturday that two confirmed cases of the new coronavirus variant first detected in the United Kingdom have appeared in the Canadian province. . . .
The Canadian cases, identified in a couple in southern Ontario with no known travel history, exposure or high-risk contact, came as the province went into a lockdown on Saturday.<<<

Now I know why my sister said Ontario is locked down.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Guys, maybe I have some ostrich blood in me, but I'm just not as worked up over this as some folks. Perhaps I've become dulled by the weekly "bombshell" reports in the media, or maybe so many of you are right and I'm just dumb... and blissful. In any event, I'm fortunate in many ways. We're 30 minutes from both Duke and UNC hospitals. We have well water, freezers full of food, wildlife, no kids or pedestrian traffic, don't frequent places with a lot of people very often, and live here...
View attachment 34549
In other words, I think our risk is considerably less than most, even if the mess does hit the fan. As much as I hope, (and think), all this is much ado about nothing, if worse comes to worst and somebody really is in jeopardy with no options, let me know. We'll be here. But be warned... I may greet you with my MAGA hat on. :)
I hope you are hoarding those MAGA hats as collector items!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I'm glad to report that my brother is improving. He went into the ICU on Christmas Eve, on Christmas day he was on 100% O2 on a CPAP mask and could barely speak.
He improved over 24 hours with O2 reduced to 50%. He as better today, as of this morning he wass till in the ICU, but I think that may have been due to lack of beds. He is now on moderate oxygen supplementation. So he came close to getting intubated, very close, but the crisis appears to be receding.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Otherwise the news is mixed.

The new mutant strain is spreading fast in the UK. I expect more restrictions to be introduced Wednesday. If things keep up the UK will be out of hospital and ICU beds fast. Hospital staff are getting sick in very alarming numbers. The virus has now been detected in many countries far and wide. It is in most of Europe, Canada, Japan, Korea, and Australia. The largest numbers known are in the UK. The US continues to make a spectacle of itself on many fronts. Apparently we can not test for this new strain in any significant numbers. However I think it is almost certainly in California. Their rate of rise mirrors the UK.

The Pfizer vaccine continues to present problems in distribution and to some extent also the Moderna. Maintaining control of the cold chain is prooving difficult. Germany has already lost a significant number of doses due to inability to maintain the cold chain.

The UK is planning to roll out the Oxford Vaccine January 4 pending and expected EUA. Recent data shows the the correct dosing is highly effective. Apparently it is easy to manufacture and requires only normal refrigeration and no freezing. I seems stable, easy to roll out and administer. This vaccine will be a major game changer.

It looks as if the roll out of the Oxford vaccine is being coordinated with India, the worlds largest vaccine manufacturer in Puna, the Serum Institute, apparently has millions of doses ready to go. These are for distribution in India and the third world.

The new rapidly spreading mutant is a big problem. It is going to exhaust resources fast and lead to triage of care. This is imminent in California and Scotland and soon UK wide.

SAGE, the scientific body formed to advise the UK government, reported today, that in order to stand a chance of catching up to this new mutant strain, the UK need to carry out 2 million vaccinations per week. By my calculations, if the new strain dominates here, which I expect, then we will need to carry out 10 million vaccinations a week. I do not think this can be done using trained medical staff alone. The UK are in the process of recruiting volunteers to undergo rapid training and join the St. John's ambulance brigade. I think this is feasible for the Oxford vaccine, but not the Pfizer and probably not Moderna.

The BBC devoted a whole 1 hour program to the Oxford vaccine. The BBC's best medical correspondent, Fergus Walsh did the entire program. He is a superb interviewer. He asks the right questions and gives experts time to answer in depth and he never interrupts them. He interviewed Professor Sarah Gilberts at length.
She said Oxford had the design of the vaccine within 48 hours of the genome of Covid-19 being known.

She said, criteria were set, that the vaccine had to be easy to produce, cheap, be easy to handle, distribute and administer. She feels the Oxford vaccine fulfills all these criteria. They have a small manufacturing site at the Jenner institute which produced the vaccine for phase 1 and 2. Plans for manufacture started right away. The scientist in charge of this lab was real character. She was clearly highly competent and by her speech was a Londoner of humble origins. As is often the case of these Londoners she was absolutely hilarious. She clearly loved and was enthusiastic about her work.

When it got to phase III, that little lab could not make enough. Astra/Zeneka were not able to produce any vaccine in early phase III. An Italian manufacturer were engaged to produce the initial doses. Their competence seems to have been marginal to say the least. This is how the "lucky" dosing error occurred.

Lastly, Sarah Gilbert stated that if required the Oxford vaccine, can be quickly edited "on the fly", if needs be. It is crucial that the whole world achieve herd immunity as fast as possible. Until that occurs significant risk remains. As far as I can tell the Oxford vaccine it the only one that is suitable to administer in the vast poorer areas of the globe. We need more suitable candidates on stream fast.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Damn, I can't stand this any longer. We had anothe serious eathquake. Man, was it rocking... This time it's the neighboring city of Sisak, close to Zagreb. I'm affraid even to look at the newspapers, it's an old city, I fear it suffered much damage. I'm barely typing this. It really shook me.

Why in this thread? Well once again, no time for masks, you just run in he streets and again you have hundreds in close contact unprotected.

highfigh

highfigh

The other option as an analyst said is a) Trump really doesn't know what's in the bill, and b) he's seeking attention (ie his legacy). I'm much more inclined to believe that.
Let us know if you see anything that might be better left to the countries the money will go to-

highfigh

highfigh

yeah, just another example of the sad reality known as 'Congress' ........
And, once again, they have to pass it before reading what's in it- thousands of pages of who-knows-what kind of BS.

And some people wonder why the budget can't be balanced.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Damn, I can't stand this any longer. We had anothe serious eathquake. Man, was it rocking... This time it's the neighboring city of Sisak, close to Zagreb. I'm affraid even to look at the newspapers, it's an old city, I fear it suffered much damage. I'm barely typing this. It really shook me.

Why in this thread? Well once again, no time for masks, you just run in he streets and again you have hundreds in close contact unprotected.
I'm sorry to hear that. What time was it? The only report I can find is on the BBC, who say the quake was 6.4 at a depth of 6 miles. It was centered on Petrinja. Damage appears to be significant. One 12 year old is reported dead so far. That report was as of 1 hour ago UK time.
So sorry to hear this news. Agreed it is a worse than usual time to have this happen in a pandemic, like the US hurricanes and forest fires.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I'm sorry to hear that. What time was it? The only report I can find is on the BBC, who say the quake was 6.4 at a depth of 6 miles. It was centered on Petrinja. Damage appears to be significant. One 12 year old is reported dead so far. That report was as of 1 hour ago UK time.
So sorry to hear this news. Agreed it is a worse than usual time to have this happen in a pandemic, like the US hurricanes and forest fires.
It's simply gone, Mark, it's horrible:
1609252658717.png

1609252731487.png

We're sadly expecting more causalities. I hope not, but there's not much chance for that now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis