NEW Yamaha AVR for CostCo, TSR-700 7.2 Channel AVR with 8K/HDMI 2.1

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
In another thread this release was mentioned and equated to the RX-V6A....is that accurate?

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
In another thread this release was mentioned and equated to the RX-V6A....is that accurate?
Good question...
The RX-V6A is 7.2 and the RX-V4A is 5.2, so yes it appears to be similar to RX-V6A.
I will research it more deeply for a nut/bolt feature/spec comparison...

Just my $0.02... ;)

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
If it’s the 6a equivalent with the preouts I’m buying one to be used as a stereo receiver in an active setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Was just researching the RX-V6A last night and the TSR-700 seems identical from what I can tell.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was just researching the RX-V6A last night and the TSR-700 seems identical from what I can tell.

About $200 difference from what I've seen :)

mdominic

mdominic

Enthusiast
The only difference I see between the RX-V6A and the TSR-700 when looking at photos of the back of both is that the TSR-700 has an input for an AM radio antenna.

They also describe the RX-V6A as 7.2 and the TSR-700 as 7.1 (with two mono outputs). Isn't that the same thing?

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
If it’s the 6a equivalent with the preouts I’m buying one to be used as a stereo receiver in an active setup.

I have one sounds really good for HT and Music. Check with Andrew first @AcuDefTechGuy, ADTG he can hook you up with a great deal on one. I got my RX-V6A from him.

Last edited:
Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
I currently have the TSR-700. I like it but I'm probably going to return it. Im having audio issues with it. The (channel out) keeps flickering on and off. I have tried different HDMI cords and inputs. Sometimes I have to wait 30 secs - 5 minutes until the audio passes through. The receiver also mess up my inputs as well.
My current sources:
  • LG B8 OLED 65
  • Apple TV 4k
  • PS5
Here is my video of the issue. Is anybody else having issues with his receiver? I'm running the most current firmware as well.

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I currently have the TSR-700. I like it but I'm probably going to return it. Im having audio issues with it. The (channel out) keeps flickering on and off. I have tried different HDMI cords and inputs. Sometimes I have to wait 30 secs - 5 minutes until the audio passes through. The receiver also mess up my inputs as well.
My current sources:
  • LG B8 OLED 65
  • Apple TV 4k
  • PS5
Here is my video of the issue. Is anybody else having issues with his receiver? I'm running the most current firmware as well.

Try doing a reset go into settings "Function" you'll see "Backup/restore". I turned my RX-V6A on morning and everything was in Japanese Language. I just went into settings and did a hard reset "Restore" been all good since. If that doesn't work you may have a Defective unit. Maybe call into Yamaha CS.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
About $200 difference from what I've seen :)
Incredible deal !! $330 and free shipping, too bad it is not available for Canadians, may be @AcuDefTechGuy would send me one for review lol!! Kidding aside, if he did that I would likely say (because the features/specs look promising unless it wouldn't sound as good) it is a better deal than any D&M equivalents.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The way these “COVID-2.1” units are looking, I think the RX-A4, A6, and A8 won’t be coming out until 2022 once they get their vaccines. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
The way these “COVID-2.1” units are looking, I think the RX-A4, A6, and A8 won’t be coming out until 2022 once they get their vaccines. :D
Andrew, doesn't look good man! All them bugs in new AVR's. That chip plant blowing up no AKM chips, now Denon, Marantz Yamaha got all kinds of bugs with their new AVR's. I say China just may be Sabotaging and the A/V market. :D

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I think this positions NAD in a good place with their MDC modules, 2.1 module when it’s available and correct will make a lot of people happy.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
My current sources:
  • LG B8 OLED 65
  • Apple TV 4k
  • PS5

If everyone will take a look at the pic in the quoted post, you will see "DTHD" as the audio input signal. I'm guessing it is an atmos track that never sorted itself out. Was it being played from the Apple TV 4K? I noticed the output signal flashed for a moment and showed 3.1.0. One suggestion from Yamaha was to make sure presence speakers are set to use even if they are not actually there and set the AVR to STRAIGHT mode. I told them that such settings are not required from my other AVR just to get atmos from Apple TV 4K and they really needed to sort it out. Now, this was the case with my RX-V6A after I had returned the TSR-700. The update improved the RX-V6A's behavior but did nothing for the TSR-700. Everybody needs to run the firmware update on their TSR-700. If they are like mine, it won't fix much and I would suggest returning them unless some think waiting for another firmware update is worthwhile. I think perhaps the posts about issues with the new Yamahas are only just beginning as many received them as presents.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think this positions NAD in a good place with their MDC modules, 2.1 module when it’s available and correct will make a lot of people happy.
Even if NAD were to offer their modules in the future, the cost will be like buying a new AVR, so might as well just buy a new AVR.

Aaron Kwekel

Aaron Kwekel

Audioholic
If everyone will take a look at the pic in the quoted post, you will see "DTHD" as the audio input signal. I'm guessing it is an atmos track that never sorted itself out. Was it being played from the Apple TV 4K? I noticed the output signal flashed for a moment and showed 3.1.0. One suggestion from Yamaha was to make sure presence speakers are set to use even if they are not actually there and set the AVR to STRAIGHT mode. I told them that such settings are not required from my other AVR just to get atmos from Apple TV 4K and they really needed to sort it out. Now, this was the case with my RX-V6A after I had returned the TSR-700. The update improved the RX-V6A's behavior but did nothing for the TSR-700. Everybody needs to run the firmware update on their TSR-700. If they are like mine, it won't fix much and I would suggest returning them unless some think waiting for another firmware update is worthwhile. I think perhaps the posts about issues with the new Yamahas are only just beginning as many received them as presents.
I ended up returning the equipment and exchanged it for the same unit. It now seems to works better from what I can tell. The only thing that has me confused now is the sound decoding.
If I go into options and check out the audio source information while content is playing. It will say, 'Atmos/PCM' but on the receiver it switches to "Straight' on the receiver display. Are the Yamaha's suppose to say the name of the audio on the display of the AV and not just straight or surround decoder?

Here is a video

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
You can change the information on the front display to show the audio codec.
9BBC83FB-0D4A-48C8-80E7-B0016A3B46C1.jpeg

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis