Polk Signature vs Martin Logan Motion

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
A day down in Salt Lake over the holidays might be the way to go then. We have a small best buy here and listening to speakers in the aisle just doesn't cut it. Moreover, the polk display is not working.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Do yourself a favor start researching in walls with back boxes and research What speaker sound like without them.

If you think just slapping a speaker in the wall just because it has the name Focal on it or any other high-end name it supposed to sound good.

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
This is what I would suggest:
(2) Monolith THX-365T THX Atmos Mini-Tower
(1) Monolith THX-365C THX Center Speaker
(1) HSU http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk5HP.html

If you want 5.1 I would get the $1599 bundle with:
(2) Monolith THX-365T THX Atmos Mini-Tower
(1) Monolith THX-365C THX Center Speaker
(2) Monolith THX-265B THX Atmos Bookshelf Speaker

I am going to look into this. When I was considering separates I was looking into monolith, but hadn't considered there speakers.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I saw in another post about Triad, but I don't see how to.purchase that product online. Any suggestions?

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
Hiya!

I am looking to upgrade my home theater setup and need some help. I have a Yamaha RX-V685 receiver and 2 Musiccast 20 satellite speakers. I am looking at the either Polk Signature or Martin Logan Motions for my center and fronts:
Option 1: Martin Logan 8i and 2 4i bookshelves
Option 2: Polk CSiA6 and 2 RTiA3 bookshelves
Option 3: Polk S30 and 2 S20 bookshelves

My room is medium-sized 25'X15'. I would be using this setup mainly for watching movies and TV.
Is any one of these options better than the others? I am not able to demo the Polks where I live. Would also love a recommendation on a sub to add to this setup.

Thank you!
What did you end up deciding?

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
Perhaps the triads you mention (smaller towers) might be a better fit than in walls.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Thoughts? Don't use Klipsch Subwoofers
I use a Klipsch subwoofer using LFE, which blends in perfectly with my set-up. Klipsch Subwoofer gain adjustment along with AVR Auto microphone, has been superb for both Music and DD Movies. I have the lower end of Klipsch subwoofer inventory, and can bring the walls down with clarity/distinction, but prefer gain in the middle of the road. Lower volume to my ears, is my cup of tea and not annoying/overdone, for my small room.

"Don't use Klipsch Subwoofers" I disagree in my application.

Last edited:
DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
I saw in another post about Triad, but I don't see how to.purchase that product online. Any suggestions?
Hi,

I'm a Platinum level Triad dealer, and I'm sure I can help with your purchase.

Regards,
Dawn

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
Hi,

I'm a Platinum level Triad dealer, and I'm sure I can help with your purchase.

Regards,
Dawn
How does Triad sell and market their speakers? Do they have dealers where one could go into a store and listen or is it all online purchase? Thanks

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
I use a Klipsch subwoofer using LFE, which blends in perfectly with my set-up. Klipsch Subwoofer gain adjustment along with AVR Auto microphone, has been superb for both Music and DD Movies. I have the lower end of Klipsch subwoofer inventory, and can bring the walls down with clarity/distinction, but prefer gain in the middle of the road. Lower volume to my ears, is my cup of tea and not annoying/overdone, for my small room.

"Don't use Klipsch Subwoofers" I disagree in my application.
That sounds like a good setup, I really am set on the SVS's 2000, the question I am going to work on is ported or sealed and which would be best for my setup. I think I am going away from the inwall fronts and center as I had originally planned.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
How does Triad sell and market their speakers? Do they have dealers where one could go into a store and listen or is it all online purchase? Thanks
Triad is sold by Custom Installers and 90% of these dealers do not have them available for audition. After being purchased by Control4, most Triad dealers these days aren't very knowledgeable about the extensive Triad lineup.

Triad does not allow dealers to sell their products off websites -- us included. But I can help you through email and phone. Also, if you happen to be in the Jupiter, FL area, we have several models in our showroom for audition.

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
Triad is sold by Custom Installers and 90% of these dealers do not have them available for audition. After being purchased by Control4, most Triad dealers these days aren't very knowledgeable about the extensive Triad lineup.

Triad does not allow dealers to sell their products off websites -- us included. But I can help you through email and phone. Also, if you happen to be in the Jupiter, FL area, we have several models in our showroom for audition.
That is interesting. I was just in Florida in October. Maybe if we go again i will have to check it out. Thank you so much. My budget for a 5 speaker bed is about 1500 bucks, but I have no idea what triad costs are.

Coachorr54

Coachorr54

Audioholic Intern
Not on a budgets budget.
As a point of reference, SVS Prime tower bundle is $1550 and Prime pinnacle bundle is $2050. For five speakers (LCR and 2 surround). Not in wall, but I think there has been some good advice here against in walls that are not boxed. So that is about my budget, not including subs and atmos height.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
That is interesting. I was just in Florida in October. Maybe if we go again i will have to check it out. Thank you so much. My budget for a 5 speaker bed is about 1500 bucks, but I have no idea what triad costs are.
I'm afraid that your budget is too low for Triad, bit I would take a look at NHT. Fantastic speakers for the money. Go www.nhthifi.com. Look at the Super Series.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis