T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
F#%k me, let’s just all bust out cryin’! It ain’t all bad. Here’s to all the f#%kin’ in-laws I do not have to look at from across the table tomorrow. I’ll actually enjoy my food this year. Thank you Coronavirus!:p

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
2000+ deaths today. My ma said last week she wasn't sure about inviting her two friends over for thanx. I said I'm canceling that and xmas too. It isn't worth it. Just gonna take longer to get out of on the back end. I understand every situation is different. The woman who booked a flight to see her 80 and 87 year old parents. Might not be able to see them again. But for the rest who don't have to. WTF. It isn't like take the new vaccine and it is magically over. It's still gonna take some months after.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
we're all doing a 'zoom' meeting tomorrow , drawing family from far and wide. What strikes home about this COVID situation we are all in right now are the words spoken from my 90 year old mother who reminds me...... 'you kids don't know what sacrifice is' ......... truer words, never spoken !

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I saw people lined up for food by the thousands across the nation. I once would have been filled with compassion, I now wondered how many of them voted for Trump....twice!

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
I understand every situation is different.
yep, people have all kinds of rationalizations for not doing as the CDC suggests. The whole point is to give that 80 and 89 year old another year to celebrate the holidays not make it their last one. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
for crime, that is not true

there is no correlation between increased density of population and increased crime
Show me.

More people, more criminals, more targets. While FBI stats show that violent crime has dropped in recent years, it's still high and in some places, very high. The population density is high in the places where it has increased lately.

highfigh

highfigh

I saw people lined up for food by the thousands across the nation. I once would have been filled with compassion, I now wondered how many of them voted for Trump....twice!
Why didn't you ask?

And to think that people call Republicans 'asshole'.

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Show me.

More people, more criminals, more targets. While FBI stats show that violent crime has dropped in recent years, it's still high and in some places, very high. The population density is high in the places where it has increased lately.
show you? You make a cockeyed statement and you want me to disprove it? LOL

not in this lifetime, buddy

the burden of proof is on you as you are the one who made the false claim

FYI, NYC for example, was arguably the safest place in the country, it was the safest city (pre Covid, stats for this year are not in yet but oh how things have changed unedr Trump)

good luck fining documentation for your false claim, don't lose any sleep!

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Show me.

agreed, take Philly for example, far greater density than my county(Chester) yet a weeks worth of killings in Philly exceeds a years worth in my suburban county.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
FYI, NYC for example, was arguably the safest place in the country,
utter nonsense

it was the safest city (pre Covid, stats for this year are not in yet but oh how things have changed unedr Trump)
funny, I hadn't realize the fat 'orange haired one' was mayor of NYC ? I thought it was that quasi commie 'Debozo' !

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
yep, people have all kinds of rationalizations for not doing as the CDC suggests. The whole point is to give that 80 and 89 year old another year to celebrate the holidays not make it their last one. ;)
True. Maybe business travel but that's about it.

highfigh

highfigh

agreed, take Philly for example, far greater density than my county(Chester) yet a weeks worth of killings in Philly exceeds a years worth in my suburban county.
I didn't mean the comment to be as simplistic as it might seem, though- I was referring to the higher possibility of bad interactions in larger cities for each person just because of the higher population. OTOH, small towns can definitely have some deep-rooted problems.

Unfortunately, the closer someone lives to a major city, the more problems occur in the suburb because as we all know, criminals travel. I have posted many times about the Milwaukee area and you may have seen reports about a mall shooting last week- that was THE high-end mall in this area until the surrounding areas began to have their own malls but even those are dying- the one closest to me is now owned by the lender after the previous owner basically went to them and handed the keys over to them and what were two very nice malls did the same because the days of B&M stores are just about over and they didn't make the changes needed. The mall close to me has had such bad shoplifting/car theft/robbery problems that when they rebuilt it in the last 20 years, they added a police substation. The rash of theft is just increasing, people are driving like complete idiots in other peoples' cars and the city of MKE is just not doing anything to help. The new mall owner has seen retail dying, so they're removing some of the store and replacing with residential/office spaces, which will provide revenue that's not based on sales volume.

WRT the mall shooting- people who were there have said they don't an to go back and that's the worst part of the idiots going there to cause problems. The Police have arrested three, with the main shooter being a 15 year old- it was caused by two groups who had a beef and went to the mall to settle it. They need to stay the eff home. I think they should bill anyone who is involved in something like this for the Police response- they had more than 75 officers, including the local PD, Milwaukee and nearby PDs, FBI and who knows who else, as well as Fire & EMS. The mall may well be history and as it turns out, they didn't have metal detectors, enough security guards and the surveillance cameras don't cover as much as they need to. The 15 year old was arrested during a traffic stop and they believe the gun used was recovered.

Several questions need to be answered about this shooting-
-What the hell was a 15 year old doing with a gun?
-Who provided the gun to a 15 year old?
-Who are his parents and why didn't they raise him to be better?
-Who influenced him to become what he is?

Murder, suicide, domestic violence, disorderly conduct and other crimes are up this year because people are cooped up and bored, IMO. The city matched the 1991 record for highest number of murders on November 5th and it hasn't stopped.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

You've got to love this. So some subjects in the Oxford-Astrazeneca trial were accidentally given half doses of the vaccine, and the smaller does increased efficacy to ~90% from 62%. And, of course, the mob goes on the attack for this lack of rigor, when it looks to me like good news. The manufacturing capacity should go twice as far if a half-dose is actually better. I still think I'd rather have an mRNA vaccine myself, but considering the manufacturing and distribution problems with the mRNA products, this is probably good news for most of the world where distribution is more challenging.

highfigh

highfigh

Yes, all educated, moral, ethical people do. :)
So, you're saying the divide will never end. You're saying that all Republicans are bad and for that, you are what you hate. Do that with any other group and see how far you get.

highfigh

highfigh

show you? You make a cockeyed statement and you want me to disprove it? LOL

not in this lifetime, buddy

the burden of proof is on you as you are the one who made the false claim

FYI, NYC for example, was arguably the safest place in the country, it was the safest city (pre Covid, stats for this year are not in yet but oh how things have changed unedr Trump)

good luck fining documentation for your false claim, don't lose any sleep!
You wrote that I'm wrong but didn't support your position. That's not argument, it's contradiction. NYC is the safest city in the country? What are you smoking? Sure, the crime is much better than it was (it had actually reached 1950s levels), but it's not the safest.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
once again Mikey has no clue what he is talking about.
hey genius , you're the one that said 'NYC was arguably the safest place in the country'. So unless you want back that up with 'qualifiers' it's pretty clear you in fact have 'no clue' ..........

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
So, you're saying the divide will never end. You're saying that all Republicans are bad and for that, you are what you hate. Do that with any other group and see how far you get.
I am saying that all Trumpists have acted unethically, immorally and unpatriotically. I am a republican but I would not compromise my values to support the degradation of our society and country as Trumpists did.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis