Paradigm Premier 800F 25% off

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I always think I will return a product if I'm not excited about it once I try it, but that rarely happens. :D

I end up keeping it and it usually grows on me or if not, I will put it to the side as a spare or sell it after trying it to death. lol

Its a bit of work to return stuff and usually costs something. I think resellers do really well on these 30 day in home trials. At least, they have with me.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I don't think the intent is abuse. But without being able to hear in a brick & morter environment, sometimes you need to see if it's better than what you have in your house. That said, my guess is more often than not people really like it and want to keep it. That's what I've done.
What I'm talkin about, I'll use this as an example:

I've never heard the new RSL CG23 Bookshelves. I could easily order a pair, have them shipped to my house audition them for a week or so, and send them back. Get refunded so I could say that I have heard them.
Now I don't need them. I have no space for them, and have no way to integrate them into my system. So it would be purely just so I can hear them, but I don't want to really pay for them.
Now RSL has to eat shipping. Has to eat a new set of speakers basically and sell them as B stock and take less of a profit margin. I'm sure their profits aren't like most speaker companies that are sold in Boutique and Big Box stores across the country and around the world. I'm sure they have factored in a percentage of what they sell that would be returned, but when those returns are abused and that percentage rises that can't be a good thing. That would mean costs would have to go up and that would affect everybody that would be paying for those that abuse the policy.
Now if you're in the market for a set of speakers and when they get to your home you really truly just don't like them well that's a different story.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I'm not a store or a manufacturer but personally I think vendors do really well on these in home trials. If they didn't they would stop doing it or create a black list of offenders that are basically renting their equipment.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think manufacturers have you on a blacklist after all your stories of product failure.
Yep!
The industry maintains a common blacklist shared among all of their retailers. Once you are on it, they keep an eye on your orders and as soon as you order electronics, they will open up your unit before shipping it and spray the electronics with a dielectric heat activated neurotoxin!

cbecker33

cbecker33

Audioholic
Curious if anyone has an 'inside track' with Paradigm and can say if they will be having another sale? I reached out to them directly and hadn't heard back.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis