T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
You know I love you but I'm Stump'd, Stupefied how you can ask this question knowing that the Denon 3600 measures extremely well and is highly recommended from some of the most knowledgeable members on this forum. Yet you still ask or, or this one, or that one. What about this, what about that. For a couple of hundred dollars more to get an outstanding unit even if it's got more features than you need I don't see how this is even a question. What are you doing waiting until it sells out and then we start this process all over again. View attachment 41077

LOL........................ I know, but you should know by now that I have to run through my process to get to the finish line, even if I run in circles and run past it 6 times along the way. It's the only way my brain seems to let go and settle in that I made the right call.................... o_O:p:):eek:

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, we spend thousand
Well I wouldn’t think it would fail in many years. The worry they are describing is with refurb units that weren’t really fixed right.
If they where ever fixed at all. I wouldn't bet my last buck they are all checked out fully. That's the main drawback with internet only buying as opposed to brick and mortar stores. The E-commerce department is a joke for the end users. You can take them to small Claims court, but it has to be done in the State and County it came from.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
Crutchfield.com is a VERY reliable source. The Denon 3600 is a new unit. AND it's priced lower than the same unit on A4L as a refurb. If I needed a new receiver the NEW Denon 3600 at $799 would be my choice. If you setup an account you will also earn a few points that may help with a future purchase. It did for me.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
LOL........................ I know, but you should know by now that I have to run through my process to get to the finish line, even if I run in circles and run past it 6 times along the way. It's the only way my brain seems to let go and settle in that I made the right call.................... o_O:p:):eek:
You've been banned from every restaurant in town, haven't you?:p

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
LOL

Not an engineer and was at a restaurant last night. Although I'm guilty of getting the same thing every time I go. LOL

I will now be a house divided. Crutchfield says my AVR-X3600H will be here Friday @mazersteven

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Crutchfield.com is a VERY reliable source. The Denon 3600 is a new unit. AND it's priced lower than the same unit on A4L as a refurb. If I needed a new receiver the NEW Denon 3600 at $799 would be my choice. If you setup an account you will also earn a few points that may help with a future purchase. It did for me.

Thanks. Already had an account that had about $10.38 sitting in it. Used it on the purchase.

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
I dunno, to some a glass is half empty and to others it's half full, but to an engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Now that's funny and I will have to use that. LOL :)

T

txbonds

Full Audioholic
Honestly, I hadn't stopped thinking about the AVR-X3600H ever since that internals picture was posted earlier in the thread. LOL

Not the sexiest AVR interior by any means, but it was a nice big picture of it that kept me coming back to reviews and comments about the unit. Other than MusicCast, I just don't see a downside. Thanks.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I dunno, to some a glass is half empty and to others it's half full, but to an engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
All the engineers that I've dealt with always over-thinking stuff I got to analyze and analyze and analyze to make an educated decision I guess it's their way not saying it's right or wrong I think it's nuts I don't have that time

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
All the engineers that I've dealt with always over-thinking stuff I got to analyze and analyze and analyze to make an educated decision I guess it's their way not saying it's right or wrong I think it's nuts I don't have that time
That is not (in general) my experience working professionally as a software developer close to thirty years, but this clearly depends on the field of engineering as well as regulations. And, of course, the culture and business model of the company.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
These days that manufacturer warranty is worth considerably less. They usually don't answer the phone, they barely answer email with people that don't seem to understand many of the issues.

If your unit fails and you did not buy it NEW from a dealer - you have to look into where you can send it. Then, you spend $80 to $100 in shipping and after it gets there - they don't have the parts to fix it? I have waited 6 weeks on my repair. If 2 months pass, Denon says they may offer to replace the Denon 4500 with a replacement unit. Meanwhile, you have no receiver for months.

Is that the fun experience you want with a refurb unit? Welcome to my guided tour of the process. lol
I feel your pain. So I don't wish that on anyone, of course. I have had a few stories regarding refurb units (Denon AVP-A1HDCI, AVR-4310, and some other Denon's), as well as new units (Denon AVP-A1HDCI). I don't have any nice words to say about Panurgy (the people who repair Denon/Marantz and do the Refurb from DM). :D

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
That is not (in general) my experience working professionally as a software developer close to thirty years, but this clearly depends on the field of engineering as well as regulations. And, of course, the culture and business model of the company.
A Software Developer has to have an imagination. Most of the engineers I deal with are from NASA and Harris and Grumman and Rockwell no imaginations strictly by the book

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Speaking of Engineers, anyone seem @AcuDefTechGuy. Hope he ok, his house is running on his Generac generator ice storm hit and knocked out power. But anyways Andrew got 3
Hey! ;) @PENG, trys his best on AH to help out! Even though he's only a microwave engineer :p

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Peng is a Mathematical Wizard there's a difference between an engineer and a mathematical wizard

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis