Any Holiday Sales Thread

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Only good for about 7 more hours, but Newegg has refurbished Jabra Elite 65t ear buds for $35! It looks like the street price for this model runs $100-$140.
I don't have any experience, just recognize Jabra as a well established manufacturer.

Here is a pretty good review:

It sounds like they are a bit dated and their audio performance is not so good, but the microphone system works really well. So if you want buds for using your phone they would be a very good deal, but not so much if music was your objective. At the end they point out (as of July 2020):
If you’re not worried about having the newest features and just want a solid pair of true wireless earbuds, these are hard to pass on. Especially since you can usually find them now for around $100. Compare that to the AirPods Pro which are $250 or the Jabra Elite 75t earbuds which are around $180, these are a steal. The biggest practical difference that you’ll see between these and the newer Jabra Elite 75t is the better battery life and connection strength, but if that’s not super important to you, then these are a great deal.
So, I assume for $35 if you want buds primarily for talking over the phones, they are a good deal!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Back on sale gMoney/Phil! You get that TV yet?
I’m not in the market...got a PX series last year :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Only good for about 7 more hours, but Newegg has refurbished Jabra Elite 65t ear buds for $35! It looks like the street price for this model runs $100-$140.
I don't have any experience, just recognize Jabra as a well established manufacturer.

Here is a pretty good review:

It sounds like they are a bit dated and their audio performance is not so good, but the microphone system works really well. So if you want buds for using your phone they would be a very good deal, but not so much if music was your objective. At the end they point out (as of July 2020):

So, I assume for $35 if you want buds primarily for talking over the phones, they are a good deal!
They gave me 10 bucks off for the news letter subscription. Plus a cheap flashlight and a grand total of $33.58. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Line right up!

BSA had a rec for some waterproof BT jobs a ways back so these will be my 2nd foray with these little abominations. It beats the sh!t out of dishing out $250 for the cool ear buds and $80 for a light/torch.

Kurt, you saved us like 300 bucks ... or cost me 30.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
They gave me 10 bucks off for the news letter subscription. Plus a cheap flashlight and a grand total of $33.58. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Line right up!

BSA had a rec for some waterproof BT jobs a ways back so these will be my 2nd foray with these little abominations. It beats the sh!t out of dishing out $250 for the cool ear buds and $80 for a light/torch.

Kurt, you saved us like 300 bucks ... or cost me 30.
Nice! I did not discover the newsletter discount when I ordered mine.
Nor did anybody offer me any lights.
You must have low friends in high places with Newegg!

I'm hoping with their positive remarks about the microphone that they do a better job on that count than the less expensive ones that I already have. The problem I have experienced is that with the mic essentially at the ear bud, if I do something like unpacking groceries or running water thee sound of that is annoying to the person on the other end (capturing and emphasizing the "tinny" frequencies of those ambient sounds). Not sure these will do better (they have at least a little feature to direct the mic about 3/8" towards your mouth), but $35 puts them about the same price, so why not?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Passive subwoofer JBL $499.00
Anyone looking at this needs to understand that it is a pro-audio sub!
As such, the 18" driver is tuned for max SPL, not to play low!
Accordingly JBL specs are as follows:
  • Frequency Range:34Hz-250Hz (-10dB)
  • Frequency Response:53Hz-250Hz (±3dB)
  • Maximum Peak SPL:133dB SPL
So if you want loud, at 133dB, this will get you there, but F3 is 53Hz which is not what most people want for their home system!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Best Buy is starting to seriously discount some of their TVs before Black Friday.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bike enthusiasts
Walmart has select Bell Bike Helmets on sale listed below. Select free store pickup where available, otherwise shipping is free on $35+ orders. Thanks xwu

Note: Availability for store pickup may vary by location.

Available:

No longer available:
  • Bell Axle Bike Helmet

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
$73 whoa(sale over)
Sony SSCS5 3-Way 3-Driver Bookshelf Speaker System (Pair) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8YLMVA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_is7HFb3GCYYPS
It's back and looks like the whole core series is about 50% off! The link below shows pricing for all.
Those SSCS5 started out at $220/pr MSRP, and, IIRC were occasionally on sale for around $175-$185/pr.!
Now, it looks like they go for $150 as routine price.
Anyone on a tight budget looking for the best sound they can get should give this one strong consideration!
Center is also $73 (ea), so $219 gets a decent 5.0.
I haven't heard the towers, at $100 ea, they are probably pretty good, but at $73/pr, the bookshelf speakers are the serious value proposition!

They also bundle the bookshelf speakers with a Sony stereo receiver for $173 which works out to discount from $150 to $100 for the receiver.
I don't know much about Sony's current stereo receivers, so do your due diligence on that one!

Also worth noting that these are speakers recommended by Audioholics for their $1500 HT system:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It's back and looks like the whole core series is about 50% off! The link below shows pricing for all.
Those SSCS5 started out at $220/pr MSRP, and, IIRC were occasionally on sale for around $175-$185/pr.!
Now, it looks like they go for $150 as routine price.
Anyone on a tight budget looking for the best sound they can get should give this one strong consideration!
Center is also $73 (ea), so $219 gets a decent 5.0.
I haven't heard the towers, at $100 ea, they are probably pretty good, but at $73/pr, the bookshelf speakers are the serious value proposition!

They also bundle the bookshelf speakers with a Sony stereo receiver for $173 which works out to discount from $150 to $100 for the receiver.
I don't know much about Sony's current stereo receivers, so do your due diligence on that one!

Also worth noting that these are speakers recommended by Audioholics for their $1500 HT system:
Tempting, but need my JBL bookshelf sale for Christmas. ;)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
The Sonys are good and I'd suspect the best thing currently available at $73/pr, but they don't really compete with the DCM's you have when they were on sale a year ago! That was a once in a decade kind of deal!
Although better, I'm not sure that the JBL 530 (I guess that is what you are referring to) are enough better to be a significant upgrade!
Of course that is my subjective opinion, anyway. The DCM is very similar to the 530's in how nicely it engages you!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Sonys are good and I'd suspect the best thing currently available at $73/pr, but they don't really compete with the DCM's you have when they were on sale a year ago! That was a once in a decade kind of deal!
Although better, I'm not sure that the JBL 530 (I guess that is what you are referring to) are enough better to be a significant upgrade!
Of course that is my subjective opinion, anyway. The DCM is very similar to the 530's in how nicely it engages you!
Yep I remember you saying that. That is why I want the 530’s. Then of course those Newer Canton Ceramic bookshelf’s. DMC are amazing and still give me dang gone so clear, imaging and great soundstage.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
$150 also amazon has the same price.
4K $7
Ex Machina https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXCZLRD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_2giQFbTEG9C5V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis