Justice R G B died, very sad

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I went back to read your post Bad habit I got of not reading all the way through my bad @Swerd, As you know someone Presidents are only as good as their cabinet. Just how much is He kept from their knowledge of knowing what's really going on. I sure every President gets lied to by their Cabinet members that they picked.
I can be long-winded :). Whenever I respond to you, I'll try and remember to make my main point first ;).

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Don't start with those conspiracy theories. The thing about all conspiracy theories is that there isn't a single shred of evidence to support them, and there's also absolutely no evidence against them.

If the Mafia had anything to do with it, we'll probably never know. But if the Soviet Union had anything to do with it, we should have found numerous files in Moscow after 1990. Like all dictatorial bureaucracies, they kept abundant detailed records of all their dirty deeds. We did look. We found references to that sad sack Oswald when he went to the USSR, but they also thought he was good for nothing, and sent him back. We found nothing whatsoever about sending Oswald or anyone else to assasinate JFK.
Joe McCarthy, theres a name that should be blacked!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Don't start with those conspiracy theories. The thing about all conspiracy theories is that there isn't a single shred of evidence to support them, and there's also absolutely no evidence against them.

If the Mafia had anything to do with it, we'll probably never know. But if the Soviet Union had anything to do with it, we should have found numerous files in Moscow after 1990. Like all dictatorial bureaucracies, they kept abundant detailed records of all their dirty deeds. We did look. We found references to that sad sack Oswald when he went to the USSR, but they also thought he was good for nothing, and sent him back. We found nothing whatsoever about sending Oswald or anyone else to assasinate JFK.
I know who did it, JFK, there where more than just one Assassin. Wouldn't matter anyways he is dead also.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
… or remembered better. Quick trivia quiz:

What is the link between Joe McCarthy and Donald Trump?

Answer: Roy Cohn. Look him up.
Oh yeah, I did a look see from that link you posted up. Yeah they have been "Grooming" Trump for Decades. Trump has had Organized crime connection going way back.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Oh yeah, I did a look see from that link you posted up. Yeah they have been "Grooming" Trump for Decades. Trump has had Organized crime connection going way back.
Everyone in commercial real estate in NYC has an Organized crime connection. They work different sides of the same business.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
That's only your cover story. You're not as slow as you'd like others to believe.

If you ever offer to play a friendly game of poker, I'll pass.
@Swerd, lol I could sit here on AH and shoot out specs on gear all day and get in pissing Contest. No fun in that ;) I do understand a lot more about audio than I lead on in here. I'm old bro! plus I do Not spend as much time as I use to on the internet not like I did back in my oilfield day's. No my memory isn't what it use to be, to many beers to much weed or to many women;) caused that:D
Yeah I jack around some not as much as use to on AH with the internet being what it is. I just hang out here cause I really love audio with my hobby. Plus made a few friends on here. Look you where the first one way back to pickup on my "cajun" thing. ;)
So yeah I'm Guilty of placing a post up to start a fire. Dam the bad luck! or I have lived a good life up till now with few Regrets and fond memories. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Now, Denon & Marantz management have a reason to start skipping the archaic RGB jacks on future receivers! :D

jinjuku

jinjuku

Ugh. I don't think we will see much of a battle in the senate. The Senate is controlled by Republicans, so she will be quickly replaced by some misogynistic nazi. I feel terrible for the future of all women in America right now.
I'll refer people to my prior post about why I think Trump was elected in the first place. The first people to make this thread political aren't Trump supporters.

Christ, people are doomed to repeat history.

Sorry shadyj, I detest Trump, but I have to look at my side of the fence and realize who's throwing rocks first.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'll refer people to my prior post about why I think Trump was elected in the first place. The first people to make this thread political aren't Trump supporters.

Sorry shadyj, I detest Trump, but I have to look at my side of the fence and realize who's throwing rocks first.
How did you determine the rock first thrown? Seems to me its been going on quite a while....sort of the expected result of only a two party system....you're either throwing or catching :) Agree, we will be doomed to repeat. We're polarized. That drumphy was an exceptionally poor choice is the problem at present. Their flip flop on the election of a new SCOTUS judge is also a poor choice.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Since the SCOTUS is an inherently political institution, the very act of creating this thread was political - it didn't need to be "made" political.

I find it the fact that almost all of the justices can be relied upon to decide along political lines both fascinating and bewildering. It's as if the rule of law doesn't matter.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Since the SCOTUS is an inherently political institution, the very act of creating this thread was political - it didn't need to be "made" political.

I find it the fact that almost all of the justices can be relied upon to decide along political lines both fascinating and bewildering. It's as if the rule of law doesn't matter.
Very astute yet sophomoric of you. Nowhere is it suggested that the Supreme Court should not be political, it is simply the third branch of Government and only branch selected by the government (we’ll ignore the Senate and the Seventh Amendment for now). Whenever someone says the Supreme Court should only decide cases based on one thing or another that in itself is a political opinion.

What’s currently disconcerting is Democrat’s are suggesting if the Republicans follow the law and appoint a Justice the Democrats will burn the system down. In 2016 the Republicans controlling the Senate used their legal power to obstruct Obama from appointing a Justice, a purely yet legal move.

Democrats may simply change the filibuster rule and appoint more Justices which if they win enough power by votes from the people would be their legal right.

What sickens me is the current opportunity for both parties to drag out this current election through lawsuits over mail in ballots. In which case I hope the electoral college does their job and elects a president.

We have a Republic and not a Democracy for many good reasons, please don’t forget that.

PS, State National popular vote laws must be found unconstitutional as they are a direct democratic assault on our Republic.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
@Swerd, When she was out because of Health issues affected the court. There has to be some kind of backup? one goes down say sick like she was the last 5 years or more, or like this one her Dying while holding office. She should have retired.
I think they do the work that doesn't require attendance by all, but likely they would be able to contact a justice who's out due to illness for any decisions and debate. After years working together, I they would notice if she had experienced a personalty or cognitive change. I'm not aware that they do everything in the courtroom and they could reschedule trials until they were all able to be there.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I think they do the work that doesn't require attendance by all, but likely they would be able to contact a justice who's out due to illness for any decisions and debate. After years working together, I they would notice if she had experienced a personalty or cognitive change. I'm not aware that they do everything in the courtroom and they could reschedule trials until they were all able to be there.
Well Stephen Hawking died to the day on the job. So yeah I can see that.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The only thing Eisenhower had that all more recent presidents didn't have is that he left office 60 years ago, in 1960. Sixty years is long enough for those hot political issues of the day to fade. And 60 years gives a lot of politicians who had axes to grind during those days, time to die off. Give those other presidents 60 years time and we'll see how good or bad they look.
Nobody seems to remember Ike's warning-

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Nobody seems to remember Ike's warning-

So In reality he was warning the world about the cold war then right? Nothing to do with those Atomic bombs they were blowing up in Nevada right? or the Pacific Ocean they still don't know what the fallout pun intended is going to be with that.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Very astute yet sophomoric of you. Nowhere is it suggested that the Supreme Court should not be political, it is simply the third branch of Government and only branch selected by the government (we’ll ignore the Senate and the Seventh Amendment for now). Whenever someone says the Supreme Court should only decide cases based on one thing or another that in itself is a political opinion.

What’s currently disconcerting is Democrat’s are suggesting if the Republicans follow the law and appoint a Justice the Democrats will burn the system down. In 2016 the Republicans controlling the Senate used their legal power to obstruct Obama from appointing a Justice, a purely yet legal move.

Democrats may simply change the filibuster rule and appoint more Justices which if they win enough power by votes from the people would be their legal right.

What sickens me is the current opportunity for both parties to drag out this current election through lawsuits over mail in ballots. In which case I hope the electoral college does their job and elects a president.

We have a Republic and not a Democracy for many good reasons, please don’t forget that.

PS, State National popular vote laws must be found unconstitutional as they are a direct democratic assault on our Republic.
"Astute yet sophomoric". I nearly burst out laughing. :rolleyes: That sounds like a line that could have come from "Spinal Tap".

I can't think of another western country where their supreme court is so politically biased and my comment was just meant to reflect that. I wasn't trying to indicate my comprehension of the branches of the US Government and their roles within it. Astute or sophomoric doesn't come into it.

By the way, "Republic" and "Democracy" are not opposing terms. A republic merely denotes that the country has no monarchy. Canada is not a republic, because it is a constitutional monarchy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis