Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I do agree with that first sentence particularly. The alliances with the wacky have largely turned me off in regards to that party. I even voted republican once or twice then was deeply disappointed by performance. Whoever said that they're better government managers is full of poop....neither party is good at managing what they enact IMO and whatever semblance of consistency the bureaucracy might attain is decimated by a change (like drumphy has done rather successfully from that viewpoint). NRA I've never particularly thought of as a valid organization myself....
I've been screaming for years ... yes, I'm the old guy hollering at the kids to get off the lawn :p ... that we need a third centrist party in this country.

The current two party system doesn't work anymore. Force them to compromise on getting things done, like they did before Mitch McConnell made the Republican's the Party Of No.

As Moron Boy is fond of saying, what do you have to lose?

BTW, I haven't hollered at the kids since last fall when they set up a booster rocket on the lawn. They were going about it the wrong way.

I told them to go home and ask their parents for more money to buy some rocket fuel. One kid actually did and I got a visit from his 'helicopter' mommy.

She was not amused.

Sheesh! Lighten up Margaret.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
I've been screaming for years ... yes, I'm the old guy hollering at the kids to get off the lawn :p ... that we need a third centrist party in this country.

The current two party system doesn't work anymore. Force them to compromise on getting things done, like they did before Mitch McConnell made the Republican's the Party Of No.

BTW, I haven't hollered at the kids since last fall when they set up a booster rocket on the lawn. They were going about it the wrong way.

I told them to go home and ask their parents for more money to buy some rocket fuel. One kid actually did and I got a visit from his 'helicopter' mommy.

She was not amused.

I've been meaning to bring this up, but libertarian is always an option.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I've been meaning to bring this up, but libertarian is always an option.

At least she is not known to be actively colluding with the Russians to betray your country and abolish democracy, like Trump, and that is a win in my book!

Personally, as a kid I was a libertarian, EU style. I grew up, and abandoned that particular naive world view that ignored/downplayed evidence that contradicted real-world experiences and science, until my mid-twenties or something.

Edit: Ugh, I meant that I abonded those views in my mid-twenties.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah enough of that love and kindness crap, let's do some ass kicking with some serious discipline! Let's teach goose-stepping in the schools and have headmasters with whips! Especially those long hairs who thought Vietnam was a mistake! Don't get me started on rock and roll and that music from non-whites! :)

Maybe just watch the "news" less, much better for ya.

ps I'm more just a child of the 60s, don't remember the three or so years in the 50s. Also, it would be nannyfied, wouldn't it? Who's nana, grandma?
LMAO, great come back Lovin', agreed on the news bit, overload can be problematic.

As for the criminal Justice system and bleeding heart BS lets just say we'll probably never agree there !

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
LMAO, great come back Lovin', agreed on the news bit, overload can be problematic.

As for the criminal Justice system and bleeding heart BS lets just say we'll probably never agree there !
Yet, at the same time your appear aghast that ordinary Americans are actually exercising their Constitutional rights to peaceful demonstrations while not carrying assault weapons. Perhaps they don't know their "proper" place, or something?

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Yet, at the same time your appear aghast that ordinary Americans are actually exercising their Constitutional rights to peaceful demonstrations while not carrying assault weapons. Perhaps they don't know their "proper" place, or something?
Actually Trell, here in America we can protest while armed, however Rioting while armed would just make you more of a criminal. There is a big difference.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Actually Trell, here in America we can protest while armed, however Rioting while armed would just make you more of a criminal. There is a big difference.
White far-right dudes with assault weapons AKA Parrot Prayer (?) threatening other non-armed protesters is something you support?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
White far-right dudes with assault weapons AKA Parrot Prayer (?) threatening other non-armed protesters is something you support?
Ok then, how about this left wing nut job that murdered a 'dude right of center' ?

Again, stupid far right, stupid far left..........

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ok then, how about this left wing nut job that murdered a 'dude right of center' ?

Again, stupid far right, stupid far left..........
There you go: False equivalence!

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General

She was not amused.

The DEmocratic candidate is centrist. He won out over the liberal end of the party in the primaries. So you can vote for a centrist this go round.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
The DEmocratic candidate is centrist. He won out over the liberal end of the party in the primaries. So you can vote for a centrist this go round.
Joe's a lot of things; centrist he's not.

He's from the conservative wing of the party, always has been. He's changed his conservative positions (economically, domestic & internationally) only when necessary and the times call for it. It was the main reason Obama picked him as his VP, to balance the ticket.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

We need to make it abundantly clear that we're pissed off and that we're are sick of the shyte being done in our government. They need to understand that if they want to keep their positions, they need to represent us in a way that reflects what we actually want and need, not what makes them wealthy, powerful and lazy. Their avarice and greed are what prevents peace, civility and some level of contentment in the general population.

I have a suggestion for making Congress change- alter the system so we determine their compensation and make it necessary for them to ask us for a pay raise. If we don't approve of their performance, they don't get it. They determine their own compensation and they also made it possible to receive money from lobbyists- that's insane.

If anyone knows how this can be implemented, we need to look into it and make it happen. Congress' approval rating is below 20%- if most people in the private sector performed that badly, we wouldn't have that job.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
We need to make it abundantly clear that we're pissed off and that we're are sick of the shyte being done in our government. They need to understand that if they want to keep their positions, they need to represent us in a way that reflects what we actually want and need, not what makes them wealthy, powerful and lazy. Their avarice and greed are what prevents peace, civility and some level of contentment in the general population.

I have a suggestion for making Congress change- alter the system so we determine their compensation and make it necessary for them to ask us for a pay raise. If we don't approve of their performance, they don't get it. They determine their own compensation and they also made it possible to receive money from lobbyists- that's insane.

If anyone knows how this can be implemented, we need to look into it and make it happen. Congress' approval rating is below 20%- if most people in the private sector performed that badly, we wouldn't have that job.
This is scary.

I agree with you ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis