4K - 8K Resolution and/or Dolby Atmos/DTSX Content Reviews

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
:p;), Yeah both the same movie, Your are correct the Experts recommend biggest screen you can get to enjoy 4K, 8K.
It's funny how we were talking about the SAME movie. :D

I just don't understand why some big time movies, like the latest big Star Wars Rise of Skywalker movie wasn't even shot using at least a 2.8K digital camera. But then much cheaper movies like Bloodshot and Midsommar were shot using much more expensive 8K digital cameras. A lot of the TV series are being shot with 6K digital cameras, but Disney can't pony up for a digital camera? I thought STAR WARS was supposed to be about HIGH TECH, right? But no. They used 35mm analog cameras. So much for high-tech.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
It's funny how we were talking about the SAME movie. :D

I just don't understand why some big time movies, like the latest big Star Wars Rise of Skywalker movie wasn't even shot using at least a 2.8K digital camera. But then much cheaper movies like Bloodshot and Midsommar were shot using much more expensive 8K digital cameras. A lot of the TV series are being shot with 6K digital cameras, but Disney can't pony up for a digital camera? I thought STAR WARS was supposed to be about HIGH TECH, right? But no. They used 35mm analog cameras. So much for high-tech.
You would think uh? they spend 10's of millions and use old Technology. But yeah I changed up a few things about Live, Die, Repeat, But the Title on mine is Live,Die, Repeat. You staying safe up in Oklahoma with this Zombie apocalypse virus. It crazy down here.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You would think uh? they spend 10's of millions and use old Technology. But yeah I changed up a few things about Live, Die, Repeat, But the Title on mine is Live,Die, Repeat. You staying save up in Oklahoma with this Zombie apocalypse virus. It crazy down here.
Thank goodness for Home Theaters, huh?

Most of us on AH are fortunate enough to have great Home Theaters to enjoy during this pandemic.

I'm jogging on my treadmill everyday (bought 2 treadmills from Sam's Club for the lifetime return policy).

And then I don't feel so bad lying on my back watching plenty of movies and TV shows in my HT room after running everyday (even Sat and Sun) on my treadmill (running 4MPH for 30-45 min while playing Wii Table Tennis). Haha. :D

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Thank goodness for Home Theaters, huh?

Most of us on AH are fortunate enough to have great Home Theaters to enjoy during this pandemic.

I'm jogging on my treadmill everyday (bought 2 treadmills from Sam's Club for the lifetime return policy).

And then I don't feel so bad watching plenty of movies and TV shows in my HT room after running everyday (even Sat and Sun) on my treadmill (running 4MPH for 30-45 min while playing Wii Table Tennis). Haha. :D
it's crazy down here, I was in Walmart yesterday people walking around with no mask walking up to the ones with mask on just to mess with them. Plus the bar room clubs trying to sue the Governor cause he won't let them open back up. They don't care if people Dying all they care about is their own a$$.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
it's crazy down here, I was in Walmart yesterday people walking around with no mask walking up to the ones with mask on just to mess with them. Plus the bar room clubs trying to sue the Governor cause he won't let them open back up. They don't care if people Dying all they care about is their own a$$.
That is CRAZY scary.

I thought Walmart REQUIRED everyone to wear masks?

The Walmart and Sam's clubs in OK require everyone to wear mask to even ENTER the stores.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Andrew, any idea when Yamaha gonna release their 2020 AVR's?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I asked my Yamaha Rep that question a couple of weeks ago. We would think they should know, but they don't even know themselves until it's a lot closer to the release dates. The answer was "probably closer to the end of the year or early next year", which means they don't know jack. :D

Let me ask them again today and see what they have to say. :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I wish I could run, I was going to a Fitness club lost over 30 lbs. Stopped that cause No one would wear a mask! Told a few to Not come that close to me almost got in a Fist fight!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wish I could run, I was going to a Fitness club lost over 30 lbs. Stopped that cause No one would wear a mask! Told a few to Not come that close to me all most got in a Fist fight!
Yeah, these days gotta just stay indoors, except for going to work, buying foods, gas, etc.

But exercise and entertainment INDOORS.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Before all this mess, was gonna upgrade my 4K TV to a 65" OLED or just get one with more nits, but I been reading reviews and looks like a hit or miss with Reliability. The Only 4K UHD TV's with the best Reliability are Sony's 4K's but they cost a lot more. Samsung, LG, Vizio's seem less reliable. You see a Lot of refurbish units. Vizio's P series looks good for the money but not as reliable as Sony. My cheap Vizio 55" won't play Netflix anymore, even called into Vizio three times got the old, lets do the Factory reset all three times and all three times they said it was a internet issue. You know I have a Sony 4K X700 right? Well it has the Netflix app on it also
all three times when I was on the phone with Vizio's Customer support told them While I was on the phone with them why I can Stream Netflix on my 4K player but not on my Vizio 4K tv? They still insisted it was the Internet problem. Told the last person they where full of sh$t and hung up. I did do a look up on Vizio's app Netflix and it's a big issue with Vizio's Smartcast. So needless to say No more Vizio TV's. The thing about Sony is they are Android TVs for apps use Google. On your Sony's have you tried to pair up a Iphone to it? if so, good or bad results?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Before all this mess, was gonna upgrade my 4K TV to a 65" OLED or just get one with more nits, but I been reading reviews and looks like a hit or miss with Reliability. The Only 4K UHD TV's with the best Reliability are Sony's 4K's but they cost a lot more. Samsung, LG, Vizio's seem less reliable. You see a Lot of refurbish units. Vizio's P series looks good for the money but not as reliable as Sony.
Yeah, when it comes to TVs, I've always stuck with Sony. So all my TVs are Sony 4K.

As for OLED, I think that's chasing after the latest high tech. So probably not worth most people's money.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My Yamaha rep just said he will look in on this. But also says Yamaha can "barely keep up with the production of the current models (1080, 2080, 3080)" to meet current demands.

Maybe that's why Yamaha isn't in a rush to release the new models. If the current models are flying off the shelves and can't even keep up with demands, why stop selling them? :D

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, when it comes to TVs, I've always stuck with Sony. So all my TVs are Sony 4K.

As for OLED, I think that's chasing after the latest high tech. So probably not worth most people's money.
That's what I thought, the OLED Panels are Suppose to be the best, but even the Pro reviews say a good LED UHD comes real close to OLED. From what I have been reading you want the highest "nit" and 90 or better dimming zone's as you can get. Recommend a Sony UHD 4K 65" when you have time.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
My Yamaha rep just said he will look in on this. But also says Yamaha can "barely keep up with the production of the current models (1080, 2080, 3080)" to meet current demands.

Maybe that's why Yamaha isn't in a rush to release the new models. If the current models are flying off the shelves and can't even keep up with demands, why stop selling them? :D
True, I was looking at the a2080 on one site it can be had New for 1299.00 and the a3080 1599.00.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
True, I was looking at the a2080 on one site it can be had New for 1299.00 and the a3080 1599.00.
Couple of pharmacist friends of mine are building a house in OK. They are going with all in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. I recommended RBH as my 1st choice, then KEF as 2nd choice. But they went with Definitive Technology. I think it's because Def Tech prices are lower and people in Oklahoma know only 3 brands - Definitive Technology, Klipsch, and Polk. :eek: :D

So anyway, I'm getting them DefTech speakers and Yamaha RX-A2080 for their home.

COVID might be affecting all companies. When I ordered the Yamaha A-S2200 for another client (he just hooked the A-S2200 up yesterday and raved about soundstage, imaging, SQ, etc. :D), it took them about 2 WEEKS to get it in. So something is slowing them down.

Another dealer on AH just said his distributors on the EAST coast can't even get any Yamaha currently.

COVID sucks. :D

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Couple of pharmacist friends of mine are building a house in OK. They are going with all in-wall and in-ceiling speakers. I recommended RBH as my 1st choice, then KEF as 2nd choice. But they went with Definitive Technology. I think it's because Def Tech prices are lower and people in Oklahoma know only 3 brands - Definitive Technology, Klipsch, and Polk. :eek: :D

So anyway, I'm getting them DefTech speakers and Yamaha RX-A2080 for their home.

COVID might be affecting all companies. When I ordered the Yamaha A-S2200 for another client (he just hooked the A-S2200 up yesterday and raved about soundstage, imaging, SQ, etc. :D), it took them about 2 WEEKS to get it in. So something is slowing them down.

Another dealer on AH just said his distributors on the EAST coast can't even get any Yamaha currently.

COVID sucks. :D
Are you a Sooner or Cowboy?

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Sooners - I went to University of Oklahoma. But I don't watch college sports. So it doesn't "hurt" me if Sooners lose any college games. :D
where are some good places to live in Oklahoma? This list i'm reading say's Edmund, OK is one of the best places. Are you located in OK City, Norman, Tulsa? I've never been to Oklahoma.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
where are some good places to live in Oklahoma? This list i'm reading say's Edmund, OK is one of the best places. Are you located in OK City, Norman, Tulsa? I've never been to Oklahoma.
Edmond and Norman are where all the stuck-up people are. :D

But Oklahoma feels like a small state and the distance between one city to the next isn't very far. So my house to Edmond is about 24 minutes, from my house to Norman is about 24 minutes.

I live in Mustang, which is sub-urban Oklahoma City area, so a lot quieter than Edmond and Norman. There are homes around Mustang that have horses and cows. One time I saw a black cow in the front of my house. :D

I think Edmond, OKC, Norman, Mustang, Yukon are all good places I would live. I would avoid Moore at all cost because Moore (I went to Moore High School) is like a TORNADO Magnet. :eek:

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Edmond and Norman are where all the stuck-up people are. :D

But Oklahoma feels like a small state and the distance between one city to the next isn't very far. So my house to Edmond is about 24 minutes, from my house to Norman is about 24 minutes.

I live in Mustang, which is sub-urban Oklahoma City area, so a lot quieter than Edmond and Norman. There are homes around Mustang that have horses and cows. One time I saw a black cow in the front of my house. :D

Nice! I need to find a big lot to build a home on. 2-6 acres preferably. How are the winter months? Any place that stays above 30 in Jan and Feb. are a win in my book. Been in WI/MN my whole life and am sick of these dumb winters. Only thing that keeps me here are the high paying jobs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis