Placement of LCR Speakers

R

Rajat_497

Audiophyte
I am attaching the drawing for the master bedroom. Need 5.1/7.1 setup in this. I would be going for a Projector Screen on the front wall (Bathroom Door), marked it in the attachment. I have no space left for the center speaker which is the most important one in a surround setup.

What would be an innovative way to place my LCRs? In wall left right would be good, for center should I go for ceiling? Or is it better to go for ceiling LCRs with angled speakers? Or any other innovative solution?

Do help out!

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I am attaching the drawing for the master bedroom. Need 5.1/7.1 setup in this. I would be going for a Projector Screen on the front wall (Bathroom Door), marked it in the attachment. I have no space left for the center speaker which is the most important one in a surround setup.

What would be an innovative way to place my LCRs? In wall left right would be good, for center should I go for ceiling? Or is it better to go for ceiling LCRs with angled speakers? Or any other innovative solution?

Do help out!
7.x is ambitious for a bedroom FWIW, I'd do 5.x.2 personally. Can you do above/ behind the screen angled down? In ceiling wouldn't be optional. If not, LR speakers with a good off axis response used as a phantom center would be the next best option.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
If you do the right in-ceiling speakers you could get your LCR and have good Sound Quality. Only if you purchase the Proper speakers

R

Rajat_497

Audiophyte
7.x is ambitious for a bedroom FWIW, I'd do 5.x.2 personally. Can you do above/ behind the screen angled down? In ceiling wouldn't be optional. If not, LR speakers with a good off axis response used as a phantom center would be the next best option.
yes 5.1 or 5.1.2 would be better. But I have 2 walls for right and left speakers ( can do in wall with an acoustically transparent screen ) and a center in the ceiling. Or all 3 LCR in ceiling with angled baffles.
There is no wall for the center speaker. I am attaching another picture for your clarification.

do help out! Also suggest the brand options for the same!

Attachments

R

Rajat_497

Audiophyte
S
yes 5.1 or 5.1.2 would be better. But I have 2 walls for right and left speakers ( can do in wall with an acoustically transparent screen ) and a center in the ceiling. Or all 3 LCR in ceiling with angled baffles.
There is no wall for the center speaker. I am attaching another picture for your clarification.

see the walls with a center door to the washroom in the picture. Rest the layout of the drawing is different as in the picture (already attached the drawing in the main thread).

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

Yes you can do an inwall behind the screen, just might take some thinking to achieve the angle. You can do all inceiling and if you are laying most of the time it might be manageable. Are you located in the states?

R

Rajat_497

Audiophyte
Yes you can do an inwall behind the screen, just might take some thinking to achieve the angle. You can do all inceiling and if you are laying most of the time it might be manageable. Are you located in the states?
No I’m from India!
But do suggest the better of the 3 options-
1. LCR in ceiling
2. LR in wall with Center in ceiling
3. Phantom center?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
S

see the walls with a center door to the washroom in the picture. Rest the layout of the drawing is different as in the picture (already attached the drawing in the main thread).
After seeing the picture, I'd run a phantom center and either really good in wall or in room left and rights. You would want speakers that measure well off axis to create a strong center image.

Not sure about your inceiling installation options if it's a condo (not that it cant be done).

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
No I’m from India!
But do suggest the better of the 3 options-
1. LCR in ceiling
2. LR in wall with Center in ceiling
3. Phantom center?
You can do option 2 and always turn the ceiling speaker off if it sounds bad.

R

Rajat_497

Audiophyte
Dali, Paradigm, Kef, Klipsch, Bose, Sonance...
Budget approx 500-700 a pair of speakers.
What is available there and what is you budget (convert to US if possible) Triad, Revel, and RBH would be my top choices.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Dali, Paradigm, Kef, Klipsch, Bose, Sonance...
Budget approx 500-700 a pair of speakers.
That leaves in the budget category at equal pricng. If you can get the Klipsch or KEFs THX versions that would optimal, but if not the Paradigm, KEF, and Dali (in that order). I'd invest more in the LR, and to an extent the center. The rest don't need to be equivalent in price or performance as they will be mainly effects unless you play SACDs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis