What are you playing right now...

allfred

allfred

Enthusiast
Personally I don't think so. I feel there are pacing issues and some narrative choices I don't fully agree with, but I still really enjoyed the game. Probably one of the best looking games this generation, with top quality motion capture/ acting, and awesome combat/ world building. I think a lot of the hate is just overbuilt noise, just like there is when things are overhyped. I would recommend a play-through at least.
Ill will definitely give it a try.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Finished last of us 2, playing Ghosts right now. I thought LoU2 was long, Ghosts puts it to shame

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
Finished last of us 2, playing Ghosts right now. I thought LoU2 was long, Ghosts puts it to shame
Depending on how you play Ghost it is possible to be a 40-50 hour game with most of which being usual open world filler content. Was TLOU2 too long in your opinion? Unsure of how you mean “Ghosts puts it to shame.”

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Depending on how you play Ghost it is possible to be a 40-50 hour game with most of which being usual open world filler content. Was TLOU2 too long in your opinion? Unsure of how you mean “Ghosts puts it to shame.”
I thought TLOU2@ was too long to play, considering I played the game one in under a day and 1/2. The second was very story driven, even though I was not a fan of the story, the gameplay was good. I think part of the reason it was so long is that I had to play a lot of it again to get the 100% Platinum Trophy.

Ghost I am just finished clearing out the 2nd part of the map, and haven't reached the Khan for Castle yet. It get's a little redundant, but I have enjoyed the game. I have put a lot of time in it and feels like there is a ton more to go. It feels like a longer game than TLoU2.

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
I thought TLOU2@ was too long to play, considering I played the game one in under a day and 1/2. The second was very story driven, even though I was not a fan of the story, the gameplay was good. I think part of the reason it was so long is that I had to play a lot of it again to get the 100% Platinum Trophy.

Ghost I am just finished clearing out the 2nd part of the map, and haven't reached the Khan for Castle yet. It get's a little redundant, but I have enjoyed the game. I have put a lot of time in it and feels like there is a ton more to go. It feels like a longer game than TLoU2.
I do agree with the length and pacing of the game. The huge buildup to a climactic moment halfway through, and then killing all momentum to restart was rough. I think it would have benefited being shorter like the first one or Uncharted, and maybe splitting the game in 2 parts or something. Considering they marketed the game as Ellie’s story it didn’t feel like her story to me which was disappointing. All that aside I really enjoyed the acting, motion capture, visuals, and gameplay.

I have a hard time getting hooked into open world games, but I am enjoying Ghost so far even though it does run into the repetitive open world issues. The combat is pretty fun too, but I feel games like Sekiro and Nioh have more satisfying sword gameplay.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have a hard time getting hooked into open world games, but I am enjoying Ghost so far even though it does run into the repetitive open world issues. The combat is pretty fun too, but I feel games like Sekiro and Nioh have more satisfying sword gameplay.
I don't know. I felt that way about most games until I played Borderlands series and Zelda Breath of the Wild. Both are excellent IMHO.

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
I don't know. I felt that way about most games until I played Borderlands series and Zelda Breath of the Wild. Both are excellent IMHO.
I’m on the unfavorable opinion side when it comes to BOTW as I didn’t care for the game (yes I played through its entirety). I can see the appeal for the exploration of the game, but I prefer heavily story driven games. They made an attempt with integrating some mild cutscene work and flashbacks, but imo link is just a emotionless character I can’t get attached to. Yes I also see the idea from the developers to make Link a version of yourself within that world, but I am always more immersed in a game if I’m emotionally attached to a character. Then again I thought 75% of the Witcher 3 story was weak as hell until you finally get character moments with Ciri.

I love the hell out of Borderlands games. I have played every one multiple times, and still jump on B3 from time to time. The characters, comic wit, combat loops are all amazing in that game!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
CSN&Y Deja Vu. A very underrated LP with some great songs. Carry On and Country Girl are 2 of my favorites. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Flight Sim 2020. Surprised that the recommended settings for my PC was Ultra @ 4K, but it runs excellent.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Doom (2016)

Getting my kids into retro gaming. Got some NES and SNES controllers and a USB adapter. They love it.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA!
I pulled that out a few months ago and played two new characters. I love the combat but all the stupid fetch quests really make it a drag. The story is fine and the combat is great but overall it feels like too much work.

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
I pulled that out a few months ago and played two new characters. I love the combat but all the stupid fetch quests really make it a drag. The story is fine and the combat is great but overall it feels like too much work.
I've been a fan of the Mass Effect series since the first one came out in 2008, not to mention the other Bioware RPG releases (Dragon age, etc). I've also been a fan of the Witcher series from CD Projekt Red. I'm not a completionist in a rush to finish all missions, etc. To me, RPGs are more about the immersive journey and exploration itself with no completionist goals in mind. Play these games on a PC with a good 4k capable GPU on a large 65 inch+ TV and its eye candy. Pair it with your good sound system and these game composers make some amazing soundtracks. It is about all of the above mentioned for me. When you're too goal focused in RPGs, you start to miss everything.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I pretty much have to play the Mass Effect games on insanity but I need to level up abilities a fair bit in Andromeda to deal with tougher enemies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis