The Old Guard - Charlize Theron movie

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Saw that once way back in they day. It was meh. She was obviously smoking hot. But movie was bad. I do hope that George Miller makes a spin off series with Furiosa as the main with Charlize reprising her role.
2005 is now way back in the day? truck I'm old :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
2005 is now way back in the day? truck I'm old :)
I would consider anything prior to 2009 (James Cameron's Avatar 2009) as "back in the day" - that's BEFORE they started shooting movies with DIGITAL cameras. :D

After 2009, they used a lot more Digital Cameras - like for TRON Legacy in 2010.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw that once way back in they day. It was meh. She was obviously smoking hot. But movie was bad.
Yeah, I have to admit that I tend to forgive a lot things as long as certain actresses are in them. :D

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
Just finished watching. Do have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Charlize Theron as John Wick. Nuff said. She’s a sexy badass that’s for sure!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished watching. Do have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. Charlize Theron as John Wick. Nuff said. She’s a sexy badass that’s for sure!
3......More......Hours.......of......Work......Left...... :D

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would consider anything prior to 2009 (James Cameron's Avatar 2009) as "back in the day" - that's BEFORE they started shooting movies with DIGITAL cameras. :D

After 2009, they used a lot more Digital Cameras - like for TRON Legacy in 2010.
I was thinking more like back a generation or two of the actors. Digital photography....can be good, can be bad.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I was thinking more like back a generation or two of the actors. Digital photography....can be good, can be bad.
I don't know what it is with these 2000's, but thinking back 15 years seems like "forever" but then when I think of the 90's it seems like just yesterday. I was born in 84. So I'm a true 90's kid. So many great movies of that decade.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know what it is with these 2000's, but thinking back 15 years seems like "forever" but then when I think of the 90's it seems like just yesterday. I was born in 84. So I'm a true 90's kid. So many great movies of that decade.
LOL that's probably part of it....I'd had 20 years of movie watching under my belt by the time you were born.

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
Weird how that works right!?! Good old Pulp Fiction is still one of my favorites.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
LOL that's probably part of it....I'd had 20 years of movie watching under my belt by the time you were born.
I'm definitely a fan of older movies. I was lucky enough to work at my local video store when I was in high school. So was able to basically able to watch everything our store had. Which was a lot. I think I was the #1 renter 3 years running. Besides all new releases (of the time) I was able to check out all the great classics of the 50s,60s, 70s and 80's. Was great working during a time when VHS turned over to DVD. I will say, one of the perks of working besides my glorious minimum wage, was getting my hands on some really great movie posters. Got a whole box full. Great for putting up in the movie theater.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Overall, I was sort of disappointed with this movie.

I thought the plot was lame. Also plot holes. Overall, it was okay, but not something I would watch again.

Just disappointing.

Last edited:
M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Overall, I was sort of disappointed with this movie.

I thought the plot was lame. Also plot holes. Overall, it was okay, but not something I would re-watch over and over. :D
Totally agree. I knew nothing about the comic that it was based on. Never watched the trailer so I went in blind. I was not expecting any of what I watched. So many plot holes! Overall, I would rate it 6.5/10. It was somewhat entertaining.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis