Any Holiday Sales Thread

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Keep em cool for 13$
Coolerguys Dual 80mm USB Cooling Fans https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NVC1DS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dGIaFbJYWBX44
That is a good price, but I would prefer to pay $20 for this:
My reason is the AC Infinity has a 3-speed switch, and I find leaving it on at low speed keeps anything I've got cool without audible noise from my LP.
As a general rule, a larger fan operating at a lower speed can move the same air with less noise, so the 120mm fan is typically a better size for most applications..
That said, what I don't know is if the Coolerguys fan might have some special blade profile or motor to keep noise down.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
a larger fan operating at a lower speed can move the same air with less noise, so the 120mm fan is typically a better size for most applications..
I've got the smaller A/C Infinity dual fan set ups. They actually can be heard on low if the noise floor is low enough. The 120 mm option does make sense for less fan noise.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My reason is the AC Infinity has a 3-speed switch, and I find leaving it on at low speed keeps anything I've got cool without audible noise from my LP.
As a general rule, a larger fan operating at a lower speed can move the same air with less noise, so the 120mm fan is typically a better size for most applications..
That said, what I don't know is if the Coolerguys fan might have some special blade profile or motor to keep noise down.
I like those too and they do go on sale sometimes. $13 is good enough for those on a covid budget. A couple of comments say they are quiet.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Starz 99 cent for 2 months. Offer ends July 7th

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
My AVR doesn’t get too hot but why not? I ordered a pair of the 3 speed fans you linked. Hopefully at the low speed they don’t make much noise.

Thanks Kew!!! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
My AVR doesn’t get too hot but why not? I ordered a pair of the 3 speed fans you linked. Hopefully at the low speed they don’t make much noise.

Thanks Kew!!! :)
Happy to help!
I think you'll be pleased with them, but please report back how you would describe the sound level and if it suits you! For me, they are a plug it in and forget about it proposition.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Happy to help!
I think you'll be pleased with them, but please report back how you would describe the sound level and if it suits you! For me, they are a plug it in and forget about it proposition.
So far so good. At the lowest setting and they are super quiet. We get very few hot days in Seattle but good to know I have these for those few days a year. :)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
So far so good. At the lowest setting and they are super quiet. We get very few hot days in Seattle but good to know I have these for those few days a year. :)
And on hot days, if you have air conditioning running , you won't hear them for sure. :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Odd that no one has posted this:

Of interest to me wold be the T5 True Wireless Earphones on sale for $119 and the La Scalas AL5s for $899.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Odd that no one has posted this:

Of interest to me wold be the T5 True Wireless Earphones on sale for $119 and the La Scalas AL5s for $899.
Damn I wish I could get them out of my budget at the moment. Maybe Xmas. Thanks J. Ya getting them? 8hr battery is awesome.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Better then these?
sure makes some amazing stuff! Better? I have no idea...

That being said, I am kind of sad Sure got out of the turntable cartridge business as they produced one of the most popular and well reviewed series ever...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis