Denon New AV Receivers have 4 Features Nobody Else Has!

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
The 3600 and 4500 probably measure close while the 4700 8K HDMI is a first rev. It looks like using the optical when possible will improve the SINAD.

But Denon won't increase 4700 sales with reviews ending with... "Anyway, I am so unhappy with the state of product development in these companies and despite some good traits, I cannot recommend the Denon AVR-X4700H."

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The 3600 and 4500 probably measure close while the 4700 8K HDMI is a first rev. It looks like using the optical when possible will improve the SINAD.

But Denon won't increase 4700 sales with reviews ending with... "Anyway, I am so unhappy with the state of product development in these companies and despite some good traits, I cannot recommend the Denon AVR-X4700H."
But how many people around the entire world actually read his reviews?

And of those people who actually read his reviews, how many people realize that all these NUMBERS are inaudible?

He can't recommend the 4700 because what? The THD is 0.01%, instead of 0.001%? :D

Last edited:
WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
I love how Denon tells people to use the HDMI 2.1 inputs on their TV's to get more inputs and just use earc, push for new DTS formats then fail to acknowledge TV makers are ditching DTS passthru.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I love how Denon tells people to use the HDMI 2.1 inputs on their TV's to get more inputs and just use earc, push for new DTS formats then fail to acknowledge TV makers are ditching DTS passthru.
Well then the next model to come out will have 2 HDMI inputs with 2.1 8k. LOL :)

Ya I think possibly it’s a little expensive right now to have all HDMI inputs as 2.1 8k and not raise prices. That’s my guess.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well then the next model to come out will have 2 HDMI inputs with 2.1 8k. LOL :)

Ya I think possibly it’s a little expensive right now to have all HDMI inputs as 2.1 8k and not raise prices. That’s my guess.
Can't wait to see how many HDMI 2.1 Inputs the new Yamaha's will have. :D

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan

With that new 8K definition video, manufacturers have again missed the opportunity to come out with an improved connection system to replace that crappy HDMI connection that we have been stuck with. For several years, I have been a proponent of sturdy connections similar to the famous locking XLR system.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
The challenge for having more HDMI 2.1 ports is the lack of availability for certified multi-port HDMI 2.1 ICs. Presently the primary supplier Lattice just has the single port transceiver HDMI 2.1 IC available, but multi-port ICs are now sampling with mass production late 4th quarter 2020.... :)

Just my $0.02... ;)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Agree, that's unfortunately, as I said before all those numbers are mostly academic, Denon, Marant, Yamaha all measured better than advertized specs. Amir's comments are based on comparison with dedicated external DAC/headphone amps. Very few separate system measured good when such high bar it used. The much praised Anthem flag ship MRX-1120 measured about the same as the AVR-X4700H, wonder if their sales got hurt too?:D

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Recent research reveals that the lower priced models reveal that the Marantz models are warmer. But the flagship models sound very similar as many of the inner parts are identical.
Hasn’t “research” also shown Marantz receivers also produce a more Chocolately midrange compared to others? :rolleyes:

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
The term 8K is misleading since the bulk of the people wanting that 40Gbps port are gamers and they (we) want it for the 4K/120 AND for PC, X Series and PS5 flexibility.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The term 8K is misleading since the bulk of the people wanting that 40Gbps port are gamers and they (we) want it for the 4K/120 AND for PC, X Series and PS5 flexibility.
I think anyone with an 8K TV or Projector would want an 8K/HDMI-2.1 AVR or AVP.

F

frans callebaut

Audioholic Intern
why buy a receiver with pre amplifier mode ?
buy a surround pre amplifier and add power amplifiers. no ?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Me with another of my heroes. Carter Beauford lives about 45 minutes form me, not that I see him often or anything.... But this is a pretty special piece I have hanging in my house.

that's awesome!!

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Most likely because the AVR with pre-amp mode will be cheaper than a component surround/pre-amp processor..

Just my $0.02... ;)
Especially true for people who want to spend their heard earn money on a better 3 channel amp for the front 3 channels only; and they are not concerned with using the AVR's internal amps to power the surround and height channels.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Can't wait to see how many HDMI 2.1 Inputs the new Yamaha's will have. :D
The Yamaha 2020 best looking AVR to come out soon, maybe year half gone already bet they come out in 2021 but call them new Models with 150 Increase in price on each model.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Most likely because the AVR with pre-amp mode will be cheaper than a component surround/pre-amp processor..

Just my $0.02... ;)
But will it last longer? TLS guy is right just put real speakers for surrounds and center. That's like buying lite beer, why drink lite beer when you can get the Full flavor beer for the same price. Just buy full range speakers and be Done! Why go and spend high dollars on surround speakers when for just about the same money you get full range speakers. :D

T

tparm

Audioholic
But will it last longer? TLS guy is right just put real speakers for surrounds and center. That's like buying lite beer, why drink lite beer when you can get the Full flavor beer for the same price. Just buy full range speakers and be Done! Why go and spend high dollars on surround speakers when for just about the same money you get full range speakers. :D
Who Dat!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis