Ascend Acoustic Ribbon Towers

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The only Korn I've been listening to, and quite truthfully the 2 I'm most familiar with are the self titled ep with "Blind" and "Ball Tongue" on it and "Follow the Leader". The self titled is their first one, right? First EP?

Anyhoo, have not checked out the newer stuff at all, was unaware they got a new drummer and didn't know "Head" left then came back... I am pathetically behind on my Korn!

"Paradigm Shift", huh? I don't think I've heard a single track from it... o_O
Well, fwiw, it comes very highly recommended by yours truly. I know we share tastes so...
Yeah, ray is a fukkin beast!!! And with head, the dimension is there too. Here’s a little fun... in a music store no less. Not long after he was hired iirc.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well, fwiw, it comes very highly recommended by yours truly. I know we share tastes so...
Yeah, ray is a fukkin beast!!! And with head, the dimension is there too. Here’s a little fun... in a music store no less. Not long after he was hired iirc.

I'm about half way through "Paradigm Shift" on YT. Couldn't find a good lossless version tho. It is a little bit different. There's more of a metal edge to it. A tighter, heavier style. I think I'm gonna get this cd. I'm digging it.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Ahh, nice. I usually put the mic on my camera tripod, wrap that in a blanket (to aprroximate the absoprtion of a clothed person), rest it on a throw pillow to get the height just right, and shuffle it around the seating positions.
Did you try with and w/o blanket to see if it made a difference?
It is a clever idea, but I'm lazy enough not to want to unless I know it makes a real difference!

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Did you try with and w/o blanket to see if it made a difference?
It is a clever idea, but I'm lazy enough not to want to unless I know it makes a real difference!
No, I didn't. I just made it my standard protocol since the tripod is aluminum and we're always worried about reflections from surfaces. I figured that it could only help.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm about half way through "Paradigm Shift" on YT. Couldn't find a good lossless version tho. It is a little bit different. There's more of a metal edge to it. A tighter, heavier style. I think I'm gonna get this cd. I'm digging it.
Niven thought you’d dig it. I don’t even skip songs usually. Just start it and let it go. My kids are sick of it. Lmao!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Also, serenity of suffering from 2016 is pretty good too.
So you on the other side is another old favorite of mine. I like the intro. There’s some weird bass warp going on. Powers through my whole house, and leads into twisted transistor.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Niven thought you’d dig it. I don’t even skip songs usually. Just start it and let it go. My kids are sick of it. Lmao!!
Yeah, that's what I did. Found the whole album on YT and just played it from start to finish. I like it enough on first listen to drop a couple bucks on on ebay for the cd. It's still definitely korn, but it's a little different style. Their new drummer is more aggressive. Kinda metalcore. Almost falls into the "new band" category in my mind. I always liked their original drummer too tho. He wasn't super technical but he can really lay down some funky grooves.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, that's what I did. Found the whole album on YT and just played it from start to finish. I like it enough on first listen to drop a couple bucks on on ebay for the cd. It's still definitely korn, but it's a little different style. Their new drummer is more aggressive. Kinda metalcore. Almost falls into the "new band" category in my mind. I always liked their original drummer too tho. He wasn't super technical but he can really lay down some funky grooves.
Yeah, Dave was all feel and groove. ray has that too, but he’s much more technical. Used to be a teacher lol.

Btw, listening to Got the life ATM. Love this song.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, Dave was all feel and groove. ray has that too, but he’s much more technical. Used to be a teacher lol.

Btw, listening to Got the life ATM. Love this song.
Listening to "You'll Never Find Me" right now and digging the shit out of it! I need to start exploring more new Korn!

*Edit: "Cold" now. Dayum!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
He is pretty good! It's like they took DNA from Korn's original drummer (Dave) and spliced it with Joey Jordisson. I think Joey needs some funk and groove spliced into his playing anyway! Tho some dynamics wouldn't hurt him either... I dunno what it is. I just don't get into Joey's playing. He definitely doesn't suck, but I might as well be listening to a soulless metronome cranked up to 300 bpm, lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Ok. I had forgotten how much I loved the way the drums are on most of Korn's albums. David was a great drummer, but it seems his place was filled nicely.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
He is pretty good! It's like they took DNA from Korn's original drummer (Dave) and spliced it with Joey Jordisson. I think Joey needs some funk and groove spliced into his playing anyway! Tho some dynamics wouldn't hurt him either... I dunno what it is. I just don't get into Joey's playing. He definitely doesn't suck, but I might as well be listening to a soulless metronome cranked up to 300 bpm, lol.
Yeah, for me joey is hit or miss. His feet are pretty sick, but live he tends to rush a lot. I hate that shiit. I mean there’s only one human “metronome”(Danny...cough...Danny)
But still. Lifeless is a good way to describe it. Just no feel!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I liked Joey with Slipknot. I had forgotten he did some stuff with Korn.

Seems both David and Joey were done wrong by their bands according to them.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok. I had forgotten how much I loved the way the drums are on most of Korn's albums. David was a great drummer, but it seems his place was filled nicely.
I couldn’t agree more. I can’t take anything from Dave’s contributions to Korn, and I always liked his vibe, and uniqueness. I mean really, we wouldn’t have Korn without him.
BUT!!! Ray is...Ray.
Funniest thing to me is his first really big deal was playing for David Lee Roth. Fun fact!!!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I liked Joey with Slipknot. I had forgotten he did some stuff with Korn.

Seems both David and Joey were done wrong by their bands according to them.
Iirc David left Korn to be a restauranteur. He actually left them. Unless I have that messed up...

I like Jay Weinberg. He’s the son of Max Weinberg who made a nice career with “the Boss”!!!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I didn't even know Dave left the band, lol.

Joey tho, it does sound like they did him dirty. The whole story still isn't super clear tho. I heard it was something to do with Joey allegedly having severe drug abuse issues, then he comes out and talks having a rare and genuine medical condition that he had to battle through and they kicked him to the curb instead of standing by him. Cory seems like he could be that way too man. Fook.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Iirc David left Korn to be a restauranteur. He actually left them. Unless I have that messed up...

I like Jay Weinberg. He’s the son of Max Weinberg who made a nice career with “the Boss”!!!
That's true. I read an article talking about how proud Max was when his son got the gig. Pretty cool to have that legacy.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't even know Dave left the band, lol.

Joey tho, it does sound like they did him dirty. The whole story still isn't super clear tho. I heard it was something to do with Joey allegedly having severe drug abuse issues, then he comes out and talks having a rare and genuine medical condition that he had to battle through and they kicked him to the curb instead of standing by him. Cory seems like he could be that way too man. Fook.
I don't know much about Cory personally, but damn that dude is one of the best metal and rock singers ever.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis