What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, this specific post was not referring to your most excellent commode - I was just posting up what I bought this week! ;)
I really like it and I hear such praises for the Elite gear, I bet you enjoy them.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
In Croatian komoda (the way we write it and pronounce it) always meant this piece of furniture like in the pic I attached above.
Nice! Thank you for my daily (and much needed ) dose of culture!

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
I really like it and I hear such praises for the Elite gear, I bet you enjoy them.
The UPB-LX500 universal player is a fantastic performer and I have nothing but praise for it. The VSX-LX503 receiver is something I am trying to wrap my head (ears?) around...

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Today I ordered the rest of my first HT system. I have the Marantz SR6014 that will be mated to a Monolith 7x200, 4 SVS Prime Pinnacle Towers, Prim Ultra center, and 2 PB-4000 Subs :cool: . Everything but the subs should be here by Friday. Can't wait top get it all hooked up and see how it sounds. Everything I see online and have heard (taken with a bucket of salt) on Youtube seems like it should be a great system.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@killdozzer Is that a new Phono cartridge :) . I have to admit my ignorance but I think I recognize the brand name anyway.
It is. Brand new and improved OM series from Ortofon from Denmark. So far I really like it. It didn't cost an arm and a leg and plays very well. I think it is better suited to classical music, but it does well in general.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Been a crazy couple weeks of acquisitions!

Got a pair of these (fills a need):

One of these (unnecessary YOLO splurge):

And uh... one of these:

dunn1.jpg

That last one is relevant to audio only in the sense I will finally have a decent sized room to call my own. I'm appropriating the #2 bedroom for my computer and audio. Getting out of this 10x10 hell in the rented house and into a nice 16x14 space!

Spent all weekend pulling carpet. Carpet is easy to get up. Removing 80 billion staples, one at a time, on the other hand...

IMG-20200606-WA0005.jpg

The walls won't stay poop brown though. Yuck. Good thing is I will finally have a room I can freely apply treatments to. Once I have to money to do so.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
@Kvn_Walker I feel your pain. over the last month (and still not done) so far I have went from
before.jpeg

Pic from Xmas to the work in progress:

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Today I ordered the rest of my first HT system. I have the Marantz SR6014 that will be mated to a Monolith 7x200, 4 SVS Prime Pinnacle Towers, Prim Ultra center, and 2 PB-4000 Subs :cool: . Everything but the subs should be here by Friday. Can't wait top get it all hooked up and see how it sounds. Everything I see online and have heard (taken with a bucket of salt) on Youtube seems like it should be a great system.
I'm excited for you! That's going to be one seriously nice sounding system when you get it all dialed in!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
To the current work in progress: View attachment 36943
Looking good shame the tv had to be up there. I’m sure it’s more for a space saver. For me I have to be at least 5-6 feet away from mine no matter what size. Maybe a budget 720/1080 projector would work great there and move the tv to the bedroom. Enjoy.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Sad part is after taking out the build out the room looks much larger so now I will have to get a bigger TV. I haven't found a good way to mount a projector to the 20ft vaulted ceilings let alone run the cables to it. The main seating positions are actually about 12 - 15 feet from the TV. The Pic from my phone just makes the room look smaller. :cool:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sad part is after taking out the build out the room looks much larger so now I will have to get a bigger TV. I haven't found a good way to mount a projector to the 20ft vaulted ceilings let alone run the cables to it. The main seating positions are actually about 12 - 15 feet from the TV. The Pic from my phone just makes the room look smaller. :cool:
A couple of suggestions:
126F227D-750C-4BFC-A111-F2CD9F118342.jpeg
6DB76668-9B47-48C8-8D05-40B70E92BC92.jpeg

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Big issue is the ceiling is at a 45 degree angle and has a fan in the middle. I use my system for more music than movies so not a big concern. I will be upgrading the old 65 inch though. It was the first Curved Samsung 65 inch. Not a bad TV it just doesn't fit the room size.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
1532963711_IMG_1037193.jpg

Received it today! Panasonic Ultra HD 4K blu-ray model DP-UB820

Also bought a pair of SVS SoundPath Wireless Audio Adapters for my subwoofers.

S

SimplyEpic

Audioholic
Setup is complete for now. Just got the Sony UBP X800M2 4k Blue Ray player. Limited streaming apps but otherwise this thing will play almost anything you give it over NAS, USB or by multiple disc types.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Two categories of stuff bought, furniture and a music-playing device. FOr the butt, new leather sofa & loveseat that are about 2" higher (easier to get up off it) and SO MUCH more comfortable to sit on. We choose leather for having cats because they don't shred it and any needed cleanup is easy.

For the other purchase, a heavily discounted demo model of an obsolete Bluesound Pulse Mini speaker. It's not the latest 2i version, but we don't need that here with no IOS products. It's for my wife for when she goes up to our spare room to smoke her weed (legal here, and it helps her medically.) She won't touch any of my other 3 BluOS-equipped systems, this one is for her alone. I loaded the BluOS app on her phone, selected Amazon Music HD source, and "Classic Rock" station. That's probably all she'll ever play. It's just what she needed and sounds GREAT.
Living_room_from Left.jpg

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Two categories of stuff bought, furniture and a music-playing device. FOr the butt, new leather sofa & loveseat that are about 2" higher (easier to get up off it) and SO MUCH more comfortable to sit on. We choose leather for having cats because they don't shred it and any needed cleanup is easy.

For the other purchase, a heavily discounted demo model of an obsolete Bluesound Pulse Mini speaker. It's not the latest 2i version, but we don't need that here with no IOS products. It's for my wife for when she goes up to our spare room to smoke her weed (legal here, and it helps her medically.) She won't touch any of my other 3 BluOS-equipped systems, this one is for her alone. I loaded the BluOS app on her phone, selected Amazon Music HD source, and "Classic Rock" station. That's probably all she'll ever play. It's just what she needed and sounds GREAT.
View attachment 37337
What a nice looking room!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis