New member with lucky thrift shop hifi finds

M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Getting great sound when I hooked up to my Flac/MP3 player with analog cables. :) Hooked up my Sony bd player via hdmi but no sound with a cd. I think I have set it up so I can hear sound. Since I don’t have a mic I will have to set it up manually. Let me see some YouTube videos. :)
I say this alot, but it has remained true for most Avr receivers from this era. Dts chip on hdmi board has a solder issue. Test is to heat it up with hairdryer, then turn on. If it works for a bit then cuts out that is the problem. I have fixed several with the same issue, that are still working as of now. Take off case top, find dts chip, heat up, turn on system use hdmi cable make sure it is 1.4 or higher compliant. Bet that's your issue. Look on youtube. Many have shown the fix. If you do test and find put it was the issue, please let me know. I like to help.

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Ot
Did the sub get fixed? Snell amp or Dayton?
The replacement BASH plate amp by Snell (Atomic Hifi) didn't fit the cabinet properly. Two attempts at Dayton plate amps from Parts Express either hummed or had a high pitched whistle.
It did get fixed, I ended up using an Outlaw 2200 monoblock. Everything is great, but I am limited to using it with my Denon 3300w in order to send LFE signal to the Outlaw.
I wish I could actually pair the sub to my music only system- an older Adcom preamp/Niles power amp combo but I have no way of crossing over the sub.

Last edited:
M

Merkules2001

Audioholic
Ot

The replacement BASH plate amp by Snell (Atomic Hifi) didn't fit the cabinet properly. Two attempts at Dayton plate amps from Parts Express either hummed or had a high pitched whistle.
It did get fixed, I ended up using an Outlaw 2200 monoblock. Everything is great, but I am limited to using it with my Denon 3300w in order to send LFE signal to the Outlaw.
I wish I could actually pair the sub to my music only system- an older Adcom preamp/Niles power amp combo but I have no way of crossing over the sub.
I dont know exactly if your zone 2 has rca pre-out, but I run an older onkyo a-8048v from my zone 2 rca on my nr-709. It won't play hdmi, but my music through that is how I use sub and big fronts. Actually push my klipch rp160m with older amp. It's pretty powerful.

A

aldo humberto

Audiophyte
me puedes pasar que resistencias son las que se ven en la parte superior de la placa amplificador del base
300 snell del circuito de audio

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis