New member with lucky thrift shop hifi finds

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks man it was so weird I was about to just buy those dvds and on top of a shelf the receiver was upside down and curiously I took a gander. This is their top AVR in 2013. It does 4K, but no Dolby Atmos. Don’t really care I don’t have a 4K TV. I damn curious about the legendary D3 amp it top audiophile stuff and well regarded. Gonna hook up some speakers later on. I’m hungry haven’t eaten anything yet.
I think that's one of your best finds yet! No Atmos is not a deal breaker for me. I would spend 25 on that unit without even thinking twice.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That is a cool looking remote. I've not seen that one before.

What do you do with all those receivers you find? I'm gonna have to open a museum soon for all my speakers. We should get together... lol. I have some fun with my speakers tho. Sometimes when I get a day off I'll drag 'em all out and switch back and forth, trying to get better at critically listening, learning the differences between all the different designs, strengths and weaknesses. Those Kefs I found were pretty cool. First speakers I've heard with that kind of directivity. I wanna hear a good one now.
This is very true. I thought about putting the other two Yamaha 5.1 and maybe the Onkyo 504 I have on Craigslist. I could use the money.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I think that's one of your best finds yet! No Atmos is not a deal breaker for me. I would spend 25 on that unit without even thinking twice.
Don’t really care about atmos at the moment. My setup suits me fine and sounds fantastic in my small apt. If this Elite works I can also put the other Pioneer 5.1 in my bedroom on Craigslist and use the Elite in my room. Woohoo here’s hoping it only needed a reset. I reset it 30 min ago. It’s also great it has a phone input!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Getting great sound when I hooked up to my Flac/MP3 player with analog cables. :) Hooked up my Sony bd player via hdmi but no sound with a cd. I think I have set it up so I can hear sound. Since I don’t have a mic I will have to set it up manually. Let me see some YouTube videos. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I get a great picture with Blu-ray via any hdmi input and still no sound. I did a manual setup. Do you guys think if I buy the Mcacc it will work? I tried every setting and nothing. Only sound I get is from rca input with analog direct on the AVR. Stereo mode I get no sound just analog direct. Haven’t tried coaxial or optical yet. I’ll give it a try and see.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I get a great picture with Blu-ray via any hdmi input and still no sound. I did a manual setup. Do you guys think if I buy the Mcacc it will work? I tried every setting and nothing. Only sound I get is from rca input with analog direct on the AVR. Stereo mode I get no sound just analog direct. Haven’t tried coaxial or optical yet. I’ll give it a try and see.
Have you looked at the input assignments in the avr's menu?

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Good idea. My Pooneer (and probably most AVRs) defaults to HDMI on the BD input- I changed it to analog. Perhaps the previous owner did the same.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks for answering. Yes I have. It’s so weird I thought maybe it was a hdmi issue but when I plugged in to my tv I saw video. Before I just plugged in the Blu-ray player only to see if I get audio then hooked it up to the TV and saw only video and no audio. Might call Pioneer tech to see if they have a solution if they answer the phone. The other Pioneer 5.1 has none of these issues.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for answering. Yes I have. It’s so weird I thought maybe it was a hdmi issue but when I plugged in to my tv I saw video. Before I just plugged in the Blu-ray player only to see if I get audio then hooked it up to the TV and saw only video and no audio. Might call Pioneer tech to see if they have a solution if they answer the phone. The other Pioneer 5.1 has none of these issues.
Just because you get video doesn't mean its not an hdmi related issue. Did you look thru your manual's troubleshooting section for some other ideas?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just because you get video doesn't mean its not an hdmi related issue. Did you look thru your manual's troubleshooting section for some other ideas?
That’s true could be the beginning of full hdmi failure. Not yet haha was trouble shooting on my own. I’ll look at the manual later and see what it says. It sure says great with my Flac files via rca.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good idea. My Pooneer (and probably most AVRs) defaults to HDMI on the BD input- I changed it to analog. Perhaps the previous owner did the same.
I reset it, it should have, but nada. Which Pio do you have?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The VSX-LX-503, which is an '18 model? IT's been discontinued, hence a great price on Amazon...
It’s funny when I setup my thrift Pioneer VSX-822 I used my Integra aud Mic and it worked to my surprise, but of course after I set it up to my liking and sounds great. The Elite gave me an error with the same mic. I’m gonna call Pioneer and see if they can guide me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I tried everything and returned it today. Would have been too much to fix sadly. Oh well at least I got a store credit.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this Bolva 40 inch. My first 4KTV for under $40. I’m surprised by the image quality. It’s no LG, but looks better than I thought after tweaking the settings to my liking. Look at the left side to see the 4K text. Some pics, but way better looking in person:

00352AE6-1502-432E-9965-EB90E6632E80.jpeg
949B29E0-E86B-4E15-A47A-5C2025D0D3FC.jpeg
8A2749B7-805F-4294-A9AC-32079B8AC74B.jpeg
A606637C-4C9B-4ACF-AE38-116A766DCDDE.jpeg
493CCA7F-F03C-45E2-99D5-F7F150005192.jpeg
F67098B4-3294-4623-B4D9-88033ACB909C.jpeg
B0568F78-A1D5-4F00-97F1-0E6FD1B592A4.jpeg
E5CC7784-BA0B-4D9E-858D-3A5B79844F61.jpeg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That picture looks great! I know how the camera doesn't get the lighting right, but I can see a lot of detail in those images and the color still pops. Very nice for $40! How big is it?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That picture looks great! I know how the camera doesn't get the lighting right, but I can see a lot of detail in those images and the color still pops. Very nice for $40! How big is it?
Thanks man it’s a 40 inch got it in the music room for now. Yeah it really does pop and the skin texture is amazing you see everything unless they use that special light on an actors face. You know what I mean. Yep the lighting is darker than the actual screen on the pics.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis