The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I was conflicted whether or not to post this here, but in the end decided it made sense to start a new thread and link it so anyone reading this thread would know it was available.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I was conflicted whether or not to post this here, but in the end decided it made sense to start a new thread and link it so anyone reading this thread would know it was available.
I think it is good for Audyssey users to see how well competing products could perform anyway.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
He did the same for Audyssey

And Room Perfect

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Could someone provide a recommendation for an easy to use Android emulator for Windows 10? All I want to do is to run my Audyssey MultEq app which does not run well on Galaxy.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
It looks like Amir has a Dirac review coming!
Assuming all goes well, I plan to review Dirac in this AVR.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Could someone provide a recommendation for an easy to use Android emulator for Windows 10? All I want to do is to run my Audyssey MultEq app which does not run well on Galaxy.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about something similar to the one linked in post#12?

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Are you talking about something similar to the one linked in post#12?
Thank you. The link did not work for me. But I have downloaded BlueStacks Android emulator. It is very slow and does not really work. It seems it was designed for gaming. I was hoping for a simpler emulator if there was one.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you. The link did not work for me. But I have downloaded BlueStacks Android emulator. It is very slow and does not really work. It seems it was designed for gaming. I was hoping for a simpler emulator if there was one.

I used the same link to download the file. It worked, definitely better than trying to draw your own curve. The good thing is, it allows you to see how each channel behaves.

Below is a direct link to download the file:

And here's my subwoofer channel's FR as measured:

1588956635810.png

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
I used the same link to download the file. It worked, definitely better than trying to draw your own curve. The good thing is, it allows you to see how each channel behaves.

Below is a direct link to download the file:

And here's my subwoofer channel's FR as measured:

View attachment 36036
Oh. I am talking about running MultEQ on a PC. Not ratbuddy.

Did you manage to run MultEQ on a PC with an Android emulator?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh. I am talking about running MultEQ on a PC. Not ratbuddy.

Did you manage to run MultEQ on a PC with an Android emulator?

Audyssey Pro does that but it's been discontinued. As far as I know, or even the founder Chris K., current Audyssey versions don't run on PCs and there are no such emulator. Ratbudssey is a PC interface so after running it with the Android or IOS App, you can do the editing on a PC. So I don't really see the need to have a PC emulator. In fact I would imagine it is easy to use the Android App because it is much more portable.

It took seconds to achieve the target curve shown below, it would be near impossible to draw it on a tablet using the App. So I am really thankful that Ratbuddy and his team got this UI done, and for free.

1588978341803.png

S

shkumar4963

Audioholic
Audyssey Pro does that but it's been discontinued. As far as I know, or even the founder Chris K., current Audyssey versions don't run on PCs and there are no such emulator. Ratbudssey is a PC interface so after running it with the Android or IOS App, you can do the editing on a PC. So I don't really see the need to have a PC emulator. In fact I would imagine it is easy to use the Android App because it is much more portable.

It took seconds to achieve the target curve shown below, it would be near impossible to draw it on a tablet using the App. So I am really thankful that Ratbuddy and his team got this UI done, and for free.

View attachment 36045
I agree. For whatever reason my MultEQ app locks up in my Galaxy. And I had heard that a few people had used that app on a PC with an Android emulator. I was hoping someone here maybe able to provide some details.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks to Ratbussey, now I could shape the target curve just about whatever ways I want, such as the one below that I never thought would be possible.

Screenshot_20200511-112302.png

Last edited:
D

DJ7675

Audioholic
Thanks fot Ratbussey, now I could shape the target curve just about whatever ways I want, such as the one below that I never thought would be possible.

View attachment 36086
Is that just to show what is possible? That wouldn’t be the target you would want Audyssey to achieve correct? I have found a small low end boost to work well for a target For the sub.

Attachments

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Is that just to show what is possible? That wouldn’t be the target you would want Audyssey to achieve correct? I have found a small low end boost to work well for a target For the sub.
Yep, just to see whether the curve would impose some sort of rules on the number of entry points and the magnitudes. Now I know it is very flexible but obviously there is no way any REQ software can implement filters accordingly. If it did, it wouldn't work well anyway.

Jon AA

Jon AA

Audioholic
Yes, I've been amazed at the capability (using XT32, at least) to sculpt the curve in great detail, particularly at high frequencies (where room modes, SBIR, etc don't prevent EQ from doing what you tell it to do). As long as it doesn't involve using too much boost at any point, it can do whatever you tell it to. I'm currently running about 60 control points on each of my LCR. :eek:

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Someone posted a comparison table that is Googleable. It was once on Audyssey's website but that's long time ago. I wish I could add it to the first post but obviously cannot do it. Adding it here is better than nothing.

1589740528076.png

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I spent a full day yesterday to play with the Editor App and REW, the best curves obtained within a bubble of 8 to 12 inches at the MMP, left, right, above and below were surprisingly good. I know it is academic, whether the FR from 15 to 200 Hz is within +/- 1.5 dB or +/- 3.5 dB with 1/12 smoothing is not audibly different to me. It just shows the App does work well if you take the time, and use the Ratbuddyssey UI.

@Pogre , having seen your graphs, I am quite sure you can do the same or better than me without the miniDSP. If you can spend one to two days on it, you will end up having the mini for sale and spend the money on stead and beer.;) Will post some screen shots of the target curves later, time permitting.

@Jon AA , @DJ7675, would love to see some graphs from you guy experts.

@Matthew J Poes , I viewed your Y-tube video a couple times and am interested to know exactly how you did your listening window plots, did you actually measured the angles, or just eyeballed and estimated the angles for each?

I am curious because I have moved the mic up to 12 to 18 inches in any direction, average the plots and I could not see Audyssey messed anything up. I know you have expensive mics and stuff but you did use REW right. Just can't understand how the results could be so different. And, have you tried using the App to squeeze the last 1-3 dB improvement?

1589810435972.png

1589811412501.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh boy, that looks really good Peng! I've been threatening to bust everything out again, but I'm gonna wait until my new towers arrive and do some full on calibrating. Based on this I think I might just disconnect the Mini and see how close I can get it. Can you share a screen of your adjustments? Making tight, precise adjustments with the app editor can be challenging.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are the target curves:

The first two are what the FR plots were sent to the AVR to get the FR results posted earlier. I did the customized target curves by eyeballing and trial and error, very little planning and analysis prior So it took hours and too many entries ended up with very busy looking target curves. It probably wasted a lot of filters and processing resource, not that it matters.

Then I started to do some logical analysis/assessment and came up with a simpler one, but I don't have time to play with it, though initial findings were encouraging.

If and when you are ready, use the link below to download the newer version developed by LaserGuruGuy, the original ratbuddy's version v0.2.1 works just as well but the new one can show the impulse response and has the options for smoothing.

1589829515295.png

1589829617237.png

1589829953601.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here are the target curves:

The first two are what the FR plots were sent to the AVR to get the FR results posted earlier. I did the customized target curves by eyeballing and trial and error, very little planning and analysis prior So it took hours and too many entries ended up with very busy looking target curves. It probably wasted a lot of filters and processing resource, not that it matters.

Then I started to do some logical analysis/assessment and came up with a simpler one, but I don't have time to play with it, though initial findings were encouraging.

If and when you are ready, use the link below to download the newer version developed by LaserGuruGuy, the original ratbuddy's version v0.2.1 works just as well but the new one can show the impulse response and has the options for smoothing.c

View attachment 36253

View attachment 36254

View attachment 36255
Holy crap... those look like the curves uploaded to my Mini! Okay... I need to get my hands on that app. There is no way you could do that with your finger or even a stylus. I can totally see not needing a mini now!

*Edit: Yes! Some of those notches you have are impossible with the Editor app by itself. I'm officially impressed now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis