Audiophile Cable Synergy: Real or Snake Oil?

Is Cable Synergy Real?

• Yes. Cables make or break the sound of a system.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • No. Cable Synergy is snake oil.

Votes: 51 92.7%
  • I go wireless, no cables.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I’d like to get some well made great looking cables to help me enjoy the music better but not because they do anything for sound quality. If music can elicit an emotional response than adding to the aesthetics can also help you enjoy the music more.
Do you actually look at your cables when you listen to music, or do you become fully engrossed in the sound, letting other things just drift out of your mind? Maybe you could dress up only the parts of the cables that aren't hidden- should have the same effect.

Otto Pylot

Otto Pylot

Junior Audioholic
Do you actually look at your cables when you listen to music, or do you become fully engrossed in the sound, letting other things just drift out of your mind? Maybe you could dress up only the parts of the cables that aren't hidden- should have the same effect.
Just knowing that the cables are really cool looking enhances my auditory experience.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Just knowing that the cables are really cool looking enhances my auditory experience.
I bet sex is great for you guys, just close your eyes because it’s all about how you feel! I personally engage more than one sense when I experience things, weird I know.

highfigh

highfigh

I bet sex is great for you guys, just close your eyes because it’s all about how you feel! I personally engage more than one sense when I experience things, weird I know.
Well, I hope your midrange is sufficiently chocolatey.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ok finally moved into my Florida condo and set up my 2 channel sound system. Needed a longer run than my 6 foot AQ type 4s and my Sewell Silver Back cables. Luckily I still had some older 10 foot runs of Cables to go Velocity 12 gauge. Guess what - I really couldn't tell much of a difference. And I don't think that I will be upgrading(?)these anytime soon.
Well, I hope your midrange is sufficiently chocolatey.
I thought is was a liquid midrange? :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I’d like to get some well made great looking cables to help me enjoy the music better but not because they do anything for sound quality. If music can elicit an emotional response than adding to the aesthetics can also help you enjoy the music more.
If your emotions are so tied into cable aesthetics I suppose that makes sense that it might bleed into enjoyment of content. Certainly I've seen that justification many times from "audiophiles" that their gear and buying of such is part of their emotional response. I just make cables when I need them, but I don't dress them up and I don't look at them except during setup pretty much (and I certainly don't have sex with them). Aesthetics of gear doesn't do anything for my enjoyment of content, either. I guess that saves me a lot of coin :)

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
If your emotions are so tied into cable aesthetics I suppose that makes sense that it might bleed into enjoyment of content. Certainly I've seen that justification many times from "audiophiles" that their gear and buying of such is part of their emotional response. I just make cables when I need them, but I don't dress them up and I don't look at them except during setup pretty much (and I certainly don't have sex with them). Aesthetics of gear doesn't do anything for my enjoyment of content, either. I guess that saves me a lot of coin :)
A quality set of cables in the bedroom may be fun, who are you to judge?

Not with my current set up but if I sync $5000-$10,000 into the living room to channel set up what’s $100 for some nice looking cables if they’re exposed? And if I’m spending that much on a two channel dedicated system the rest of my living room should look very nice as well, I wouldn’t want some 12 gauge monster cable just laying around screwing it all up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
A quality set of cables in the bedroom may be fun, who are you to judge?

Not with my current set up but if I sync $5000-$10,000 into the living room to channel set up what’s $100 for some nice looking cables if they’re exposed? And if I’m spending that much on a two channel dedicated system the rest of my living room should look very nice as well, I wouldn’t want some 12 gauge monster cable just laying around screwing it all up.
LOL with the kind of cable guys like SR, $100 will get you maybe a short single interconnect. So hide the cables, easy to do....or elevate them, some say that's better than just laying around :)

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
LOL with the kind of cable guys like SR, $100 will get you maybe a short single interconnect. So hide the cables, easy to do....or elevate them, some say that's better than just laying around :)
oh yeah, the old get your cable’s off the floor with our Cable risers Guarantee to reduce interference from any build up of static electricity that Accumulates around your speaker cables over time from laying on the floors behind your gear. Get our set of space age Technology used by NASA on the International space station. 12 pack Special price for your first order of 899.00 order our 24 pack and get Gold Seal Badge to Proudly display on your Audio rack. Sorry no returns on opened Packages:p

highfigh

highfigh

If you know many older 'car guys', you may have heard someone say "If it don't go, chrome it".

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If they're chromed doesn't that automatically mean they can transmit data faster?
I don't think the electrical field is stupid enough to confuse chromed wire to silver or copper wire. ;) :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis