Pb1000 or klipsch 115sw to go with pb2000

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Got sold to someone else today! Decision was made for me. would have Been a no brained if I didn’t already have 2 decent subs but I did so I can enjoy what I have and think bigger :)
So what are ya gonna do?
I decided not to buy the Klipsch To go with my SVs pb2000 as generally I’ve decider to upgrade only to the extent that it’s a major upgrade. Got me thinking. From where I am now, what would be a dramatic upgrade? And if the walls already rattle, what differences would I see with say the dual 18 psa or monolith just to set an extreme example?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I decided not to buy the Klipsch To go with my SVs pb2000 as generally I’ve decider to upgrade only to the extent that it’s a major upgrade. Got me thinking. From where I am now, what would be a dramatic upgrade? And if the walls already rattle, what differences would I see with say the dual 18 psa or monolith just to set an extreme example?
If you are not pressing the bass to its limits, than upgrading the subs will do nothing for you. Make sure that you are already maxing out your existing headroom before considering an upgrade.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks, I couldn’t resist an actually found a good deal locally on a Rythmik FV15HP. So I’ve added it to the setup and seems to be a real nice addition. Hard to resist the upgrade bug but when a deal is there to be had it’s kind of fun

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, I couldn’t resist an actually found a good deal locally on a Rythmik FV15HP. So I’ve added it to the setup and seems to be a real nice addition. Hard to resist the upgrade bug but when a deal is there to be had it’s kind of fun
The FV15HP is certainly a nice addition!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If you are not pressing the bass to its limits, than upgrading the subs will do nothing for you. Make sure that you are already maxing out your existing headroom before considering an upgrade.
Hey Shady, how do you know when you are maxing out your headroom? Thanks.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey Shady, how do you know when you are maxing out your headroom? Thanks.
You run out of headroom when the sub simply will not get louder, even as you turn up the volume. Or also when it begins distorting heavily, this can be heard when there is a abrupt shift in tonality for loud playback levels.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis