G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Man with all this time on hand I can’t get this song out of my head, “ Everybody was kung fu fighting them cats were fast as lightning“ rest in peace Grasshopper aka David Carradine

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
A group of musician friends calling themselves the "Co-video Collective" and socially-isolating themselves in St. John's, Newfoundland, created this cover of A-ha's Take On Me" by recording their parts in separate locations over the course of a few hours. I've never been a fan of the song, but this put such a smile on my face.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Man with all this time on hand I can’t get this song out of my head, “ Everybody was kung fu fighting them cats were fast as lightning“ rest in peace Grasshopper aka David Carradine
For some reason I keep getting 90s songs stuck in my head lately. A few days ago it was Self Esteem by The Offspring, now it's Black by Pearl Jamb. These have never been personal favorites and I don't think I've hears either one in ages.

The following may or may not be of interest in terms of historical context:

>>>On President Wilson’s response to the influenza
John Barry:
“He never released any statement about influenza whatsoever. The federal government did next to nothing. Of course, we had a different society then. But everything was up to local leadership. And that's one reason why we got such varied responses. A lot of it is also just random luck. In some places, the virus seemed more lethal than others. The earlier cities that were hit were hit much harder. And the virus seemed to attenuate a little bit over time. So if got hit later, you were in better shape. And if you got sick in the same city later in the epidemic, you were in better shape. It wasn't because medical care improved, medical care deteriorated. At first, it was nothing they could do anyway except supportive care. And second, by later in the outbreak, particularly in the same city, medical care was totally exhausted and overwhelmed. So the virus was the chief determinant of what was going on.”<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
A group of musician friends calling themselves the "Co-video Collective" and socially-isolating themselves in St. John's, Newfoundland, created this cover of A-ha's Take On Me" by recording their parts in separate locations over the course of a few hours. I've never been a fan of the song, but this put such a smile on my face.
The A-ha's Take On Me music movie was great at the time it was released, and still is, I guess.

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
For some reason I keep getting 90s songs stuck in my head lately. A few days ago it was Self Esteem by The Offspring, now it's Black by Pearl Jamb. These have never been personal favorites and I don't think I've hears either one in ages.

The following may or may not be of interest in terms of historical context:

>>>On President Wilson’s response to the influenza
John Barry:
“He never released any statement about influenza whatsoever. The federal government did next to nothing. Of course, we had a different society then. But everything was up to local leadership. And that's one reason why we got such varied responses. A lot of it is also just random luck. In some places, the virus seemed more lethal than others. The earlier cities that were hit were hit much harder. And the virus seemed to attenuate a little bit over time. So if got hit later, you were in better shape. And if you got sick in the same city later in the epidemic, you were in better shape. It wasn't because medical care improved, medical care deteriorated. At first, it was nothing they could do anyway except supportive care. And second, by later in the outbreak, particularly in the same city, medical care was totally exhausted and overwhelmed. So the virus was the chief determinant of what was going on.”<<<

If Wilson didn't say anything it was because he was preoccupied with his trip to Europe arriving in Dec 1918 to broker a peace treaty for the end of WW 1. Preparations must have taken up all of his time. He spent months there in a difficult if not impossible situation because of the intransigence of the French and British insisting on ruining Germany leading to... well we all know or should know. After he returned the worst of the flu was over, and he had to go on a nationwide tour to promote the League of Nations which the Republicans made sure would fail. By late 1919 he had a severe stroke and his wife effectively acted as president. This is the origin if the much recently discussed 25th amendment.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
AT&T just added a bunch of free data to my cellphone plan! They just sent me a text saying because of this Virus thing

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
AT&T just added a bunch of free data to my cellphone plan! They just sent me a text saying because of this Virus thing
Wow. Sure is nice of them to give you something they normally charge for that literally costs them next to nothing considering they own all of the infrastructure.

Other than that, it's a nice gesture. :)

FWIW, I actually left ATT for cell phones a few months ago to try Google Fi. I like it a lot so far and my bill is MUCH lower now. It's basically Tmobile, sprint, and us cellular, but billed through Google.

ATT service is terrible where I live, but really good almost 90% of the other places I've had to go for work. Very annoying.

ATT just charges too much now.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Wow. Sure is nice of them to give you something they normally charge for that literally costs them next to nothing considering they own all of the infrastructure.

Other than that, it's a nice gesture. :)

FWIW, I actually left ATT for cell phones a few months ago to try Google Fi. I like it a lot so far and my bill is MUCH lower now. It's basically Tmobile, sprint, and us cellular, but billed through Google.

ATT service is terrible where I live, but really good almost 90% of the other places I've had to go for work. Very annoying.

ATT just charges too much now.
Funny you Mentioned that, AT&T owns all the infrastructure. As you know already but a lot do not know that ole Ma Bell really is AT&T so all the landlines are owned by AT&T. COX, and all the others still gotta pay a fee to AT&T for Piggybacking off of their line’s. They pay a “Rent” fee so to speak
I’ve heard good about Googles new service I just may try them out thanks for post up about their service good to get a first hand input.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Did I miss anything here?
No. Somehow my response above cited the wrong person who posted the original message I responded to. Somehow his name popped up twice now that it was he who originated message.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

An interesting article from the Atlantic:
Those are really good articles and are certainly go over the likely ways this will play out. It is most unfortunate we have Trump to deal with. History will condemn him

Somehow we have to prepare the public to come to accept that far more likely than not this will be a long road ahead with peaks and valleys. I think the world wide economic forecast is murky and a real wild card impossible to predict with any certainty.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Those are really good articles and are certainly go over the likely ways this will play out. It is most unfortunate we have Trump to deal with. History will condemn him

Somehow we have to prepare the public to come to accept that far more likely than not this will be a long road ahead with peaks and valleys. I think the world wide economic forecast is murky and a real wild card impossible to predict with any certainty.
I know you and a lot of others condemn Trump for how this has played out (I agree with you), but there are so many sheep Americans that just believe what he says simply because he's the president. I don't get it, but that's reality. How anyone can hear him speak and think anything other than "good lord this man's a moron" is beyond me. Never in my life would I have found myself thinking Hilary would have been better, but here we are.

I just hope the people of NY can recover from this.

highfigh

highfigh

he really needs removed from power. He is going to kill more Americans with his ignorance than any war ever has.
Apparently, you have never seen the death tolls for the (too) many wars in human history.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Apparently, you have never seen the death tolls for the (too) many wars in human history.
That still doesnt excuse the fact that Trump is an incompetant narcistic fcuktard. Its no surprise that US is now the new epicenter of COVID19 with Trump's response like that of an Ostrich but instead of shoving their head in the stand, he sticks it up his ass. You have to be nice to me to get a respirator. Trump is without doubt, the worlds biggest asshole and this shows that he cannot get out of the way of his ego to help those in need

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

That still doesnt excuse the fact that Trump is an incompetant narcistic fcuktard. Its no surprise that US is now the new epicenter of COVID19 with Trump's response like that of an Ostrich but instead of shoving their head in the stand, he sticks it up his ass.
If people had any sense, they would avoid contact and proximity to others, just like they do when someone has another communicable disease, but they don't think this will affect them. The ones who can't avoid it (first responders, care givers, etc) are the ones I'm worried about- the Spring Breakers and others who congregate in large groups in the face of the warnings are idiots and can kiss my ass. Should we really need to be told what to do every time something is poised to kill us? I don't think so, but I guess you think it's OK for people to sit on their butts and wait for instructions.

highfigh

highfigh

I know you and a lot of others condemn Trump for how this has played out (I agree with you), but there are so many sheep Americans that just believe what he says simply because he's the president. I don't get it, but that's reality. How anyone can hear him speak and think anything other than "good lord this man's a moron" is beyond me. Never in my life would I have found myself thinking Hilary would have been better, but here we are.

I just hope the people of NY can recover from this.
This is the kind of event that makes me wonder why so many in one of the parties want people to live in cities where mass transit is the only way to move around if they don't walk or bike. High population density has shown that some people just can't get along with others and really, it's logical to conclude that if a small % of people are a problem, the number who will run into someone they will conflict with has to reach some level of explosiveness when population exceeds some density. Whether this is through some overt action or neglecting to avoid contact (or isolation, to prevent disease spread) is almost immaterial.

A POTUS is in a bad position during any crisis- there's always a group who thinks POTUS can't possibly pull off some kind of good outcome and when things go sideways, they say "See? I told you so"- it happened during Obama and it's no different now. If T had enacted the recent Act through Executive Order, the Left would have gone ape shyte but it wouldn't have contained the same pork as the Dems wanted.

Politics, eh?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis