highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Argue that with those Democrats, if they exist. You are propping up a straw man with something I didn't say.
I responded to your claim about Gingrich- I wasn't bashing Clinton.

I think we can agree that Congress/Washington has been dis-functional for far too long, just not on the causes.

highfigh

highfigh

Maybe there is hope.

As Florida coronavirus cases surge, spring breakers express regret-

Then again.....

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I responded to your claim about Gingrich- I wasn't bashing Clinton.
I asserted that Gingrich pioneered the obstructionist and downright hostile approach to being in government that we are both bemoaning (and provided support that this was a deliberate choice going back into the 1970s).

I can bash Clinton all day, but not for that. He did not take an obstructionist and hostile approach. So I'm not sure how you are tying the issue to Clinton. Can you elaborate?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe there is hope.

As Florida coronavirus cases surge, spring breakers express regret-
At the risk of Godwin.

As Nurinberg trials continue, Nazis express regret.

The problems with society are not "people don't later regret decisions that obviously hurt them"... it's "people need personal experiences to admit a problem is a problem" and "they only recognize it post-facto no matter how often".

That said: They are right about the government being unclear. The Governor refused to close the beaches. The President was saying "it's under control". The largest news station in the US was saying "it's no worse than the flu".

Hard to blame the teenagers when the adults are behaving so badly themselves.

highfigh

highfigh

At the risk of Godwin.

As Nurinberg trials continue, Nazis express regret.

The problems with society are not "people don't later regret decisions that obviously hurt them"... it's "people need personal experiences to admit a problem is a problem" and "they only recognize it post-facto no matter how often".
Ever watch criminals crying and going on about how sorry they were? Usually, they're sorry they were arrested or convicted.

highfigh

highfigh

I asserted that Gingrich pioneered the obstructionist and downright hostile approach to being in government that we are both bemoaning (and provided support that this was a deliberate choice going back into the 1970s).

I can bash Clinton all day, but not for that. He did not take an obstructionist and hostile approach. So I'm not sure how you are tying the issue to Clinton. Can you elaborate?
He was in office while Gingrich was Speaker of the House and he did sign some good legislation but if Gingrich was a total obstructionist, I doubt we would have seen any of it. Others obstructed legislation in the '50s and '60s- why don't we look at ALL of the obstructive members of Congress from the last 60 -70 years (just to prevent it from being too cumbersome), make a comprehensive list and come up with a plan to make it harder to accomplish in the future?

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
He was in office while Gingrich was Speaker of the House and he did sign some good legislation but if Gingrich was a total obstructionist, I doubt we would have seen any of it. Others obstructed legislation in the '50s and '60s- why don't we look at ALL of the obstructive members of Congress from the last 60 -70 years (just to prevent it from being too cumbersome), make a comprehensive list and come up with a plan to make it harder to accomplish in the future?
Because there's only one party who had a leader that said "our number one goal is making sure the opposition president doesn't serve a second term".

Again... not a goal... but the number one goal of the party.

Feel free to make a comprehensive list. When you do, you'll see a pattern. To support the false equivalency requires some combination of cherry picking and rationalization/denial.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife and I are both "essential" so we're both working still. My wife works for Fry's (Kroger) as a cashier. We just got a report of a positive for Covid with a Fry's employee at another location, about 8 miles from where we are.

Shit just got real, real. It's here and we're at risk of exposure daily... fook.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
he really needs removed from power. He is going to kill more Americans with his ignorance than any war ever has.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Day two, nuthin’!!! Wait til day 7!
I can only imagine how crazy we gon’be come the end of April.
Crazy?
No way!
I find long periods of time by myself are very restorative to my constitution and endeavor to find my inner creative self.
Check out my latest project!
1585329249725.png

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... As a result, the chain responded with a public letter apologizin for this stating it was a mistake and offered to refund people their money. ...
A mistake? I guess they must hire morons who decide on price markups. :D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Because there's only one party who had a leader that said "our number one goal is making sure the opposition president doesn't serve a second term"...
Don't forget, before he even took office. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Hey look! You did it again!!! :D That's 3db's post. ;)
How is that possible? I used the reply link in his post?

OK, going back to edit it, I see that there was a remnant of your header that was not totally deleted?
Cazy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis