TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Now is the time to implement your family plans.

Italy has now taught us that not delaying the peak is a total disaster. They had 3000 ventilators in the whole country. Actually that as a reasonable quantity given their population. They are all in use. They are looking for 10,000 more immediately. That is a forlorn hope. As I pointed out, if a country reaches that point the mortality will rise steeply and in Italy it unfortunately is.

Now the whole population need to understand now that severe restrictions are not optional and not a la carte. All must be implemented at once and simultaneously.

So that means separating individuals.

That means universities need to close. The University of Minnesota has closed all campuses, on the advice of Dr Mike Osterholm.

Schools need to close. If your schools do not close, do not send you children to school or nursery school. Do not get on a bus train, or plane and definitely not a cruise ship.

Do not join any congregations of people. That means no church, no communion. No church attendance period.

No political rallies. No protest marches.

Do not go to restaurants.

Shop now for what you need in the coming days. Do not make long car trips, or journeys.

If you have to go out for food, or essential supplies then do it at low volume times try and avoid it if possible.

Work from home, only essential personnel, should be working out of the home now. Most people fortunately these days can work from the Internet.

If we don't do this as a society we will have millions of unnecessary deaths.

The good news is that we KNOW these methods work.

The Chinese, South Koreans, Taiwan and Singapore have clear evidence that these measures work. They must not be delayed. The head of the WHO is appalled by the lack of action in the Western World. He is right to be appalled.

Now hand washing, hand disinfectants help but are a minor part of the battle. We now know from China that this virus can remain in the air for a long time and will infect people at far greater distances than six feet. It also seems to stay airborne for a long time. Airborne transmission is the major route of spread. Masks are ineffective because as I pointed out previously viruses are not filterable. So it takes pressurized filters of the Hepa variety to stop transmission. Hence the "Zoot Suits."

This virus is also present in large quantities in the stool of affected patients and persists for a considerable period after recovery. This is a very difficult issue.

Now I commend these videos done by a senior nursing instructor and well published author. It will take you some time to watch it all. They contain very useful information that is worthy of the attention of all of you. I suggest you subscribe to his channel.

Yesterday.

Today

Changing gears a little. As I told you yesterday we did a fairly large shop for food yesterday. People's carts were fairly full in the main. Stocks were not plentiful especially some shelves.

Today we did another shop for other essential supplies. Almost all carts were piled high. I would describe the manner of the shoppers as earnest. I did engage some out of curiosity. They did seem to understand that the situation was very serious. I think the closing of the University and Dr Osterholm's remarks really was getting people focused, and that it was important to plan for extended period of disruption. The was no impatience or any inappropriate behavior that I observed yesterday, or today, contrary to what SWERD observed.

In summary now is the time to quickly prepare. These measures we know are the only way to affect the trajectory of this disaster in a favorable way, and it will, if we have everyone's cooperation. This is a community challenge, you need to do this for yourselves, family, friends and neighbors.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I was getting nonstop calls today by local news. I sorta regret going public with this now but here are the interviews:

Video: https://latakoo.com/-/view/5160809/video/f6f7ad575e010e247ebf77caa8df2fe8/GDS@audioholics.com

The guy that interviewed me for Tampa Bay misquoted. I never thought I had pneumonia when I went to the gym. I thought I was 95% recovered. Makes me seem like an inconsiderate douche ;(

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I was getting nonstop calls today by local news. I sorta regret going public with this now but here are the interviews:

Video: https://latakoo.com/-/view/5160809/video/f6f7ad575e010e247ebf77caa8df2fe8/GDS@audioholics.com

The guy that interviewed me for Tampa Bay misquoted. I never thought I had pneumonia when I went to the gym. I thought I was 95% recovered. Makes me seem like an inconsiderate douche ;(
Heard about this. I'm sorry it happened.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I was texting (WhatsApp) with some of my relatives in Sicily and one in northern Italy (Lagano). They’re all in lock-down in their homes. Knock on wood, none of them are infected but obviously they’re a bit anxious, rightfully so.

I offered to ship them any supplies if needed, since only emergency personnel are allowed to travel. They said they’re good for now, since most of them stocked up before the lock down took effect. Plus half of them are farmers, so food is not an issue.

It’s my one cousin in north I’m worried about. She’s a single teacher without any relatives nearby and she’s in the hot zone.

My one cousin sent me this picture of some sort of municipal truck spraying god knows what into the community. He had no clue of what chemical they’re spraying.
IMG-20200311-WA0000.jpg

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai

Airborne transmission is the major route of spread.
1) Does everybody remember the 2 pandemics under Obama? (Not a political statement, just for time reference.) Their names? How many died? Hmmm...

2) Airborne? A new "expert" here just finished posting it is not airborne. Hmmm...

How many watched Trump last night? I can tell you if you missed his speech and are getting your "news" from CNN or MSNBC, you are not getting the whole story. I've been watching them this morning, and they're harping on the travel ban for Europe. But what do you think about his income tax deferral? What do you think about providing paychecks for those who miss work due to the virus or caring for someone with the virus? What do you think about low-interest loans for small businesses impacted by the virus? What do you think about suspending payroll tax? Trump made some unprecedented proposals. Some he can do by order, and some will need congressional approval. We will see which the Left hates more... Trump or the virus.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai

It's fine Gene, I just read the article, I didn't think you came off as an inconsiderate douche at all. In fact I though you came off as a selfless person who was more worried about his family and associates that you came into contact with, which is very considerate, than yourself.

Rest and sleep well tonight and get well soon.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
There should be an option to designate "Coward" when someone rates your post "Dumb" and doesn't have the courage to say why. Hahahahahahaha!!!

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
1) Does everybody remember the 2 pandemics under Obama? (Not a political statement, just for time reference.) Their names? How many died? Hmmm...
I'd have to understand how you mean the term "pandemic". I think you are thinking of the Ebola and MERS outbreaks.

Both of those were more deadly to the infected (Ebola killed about half); but harder to spread. We eventually managed a vaccine for Ebola (which had flared up occasionally over the last few decades), and MERS was mostly transmitted in hospitals, and so containment was a successful. It's still out there, but rare.

2) Airborne? A new "expert" here just finished posting it is not airborne. Hmmm...
SARS-COV-2 travels in water droplets and can persist for days. Those droplets can travel through the air. To the best of what I've seen, it's not "air-borne" in a literal sense; but the Chinese have documentation of infection at a distance of 4 meters.

How many watched Trump last night? I can tell you if you missed his speech and are getting your "news" from CNN or MSNBC, you are not getting the whole story.
And here I thought you weren't being political.

Is this the Trump who doctors are asking "how do you know all this" and has genetic knowledge about diseases that means he should have been a doctor? Or is this the trump that didn't know people died from influenza? Because both of those statements passed his lips within a day of each other.

I've been watching them this morning, and they're harping on the travel ban for Europe. But what do you think about his income tax deferral? What do you think about providing paychecks for those who miss work due to the virus or caring for someone with the virus?
Income tax deferral is already available; I have to ask what we are gaining by pushing the burden out. Still, better than not doing it.

What do I think about a social welfare program? What do I think about guaranteed sick leave? As a progressive, I've been campaigning for these for most of my life. But Trump and company keep calling that "communism". Isn't he worried any more that we will be just like Venezuela? Or has that disappeared like caring about the deficit?

What do you think about low-interest loans for small businesses impacted by the virus? What do you think about suspending payroll tax? Trump made some unprecedented proposals. Some he can do by order, and some will need congressional approval. We will see which the Left hates more... Trump or the virus.
How amazingly political of you to phrase it that way.

"“Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is complaining, for publicity purposes only, that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus. If I asked for more he would say it is too much. He didn’t like my early travel closings. I was right. He is incompetent!” " - Trump.

"“We should all be working together,” he said. He added: “All they’re trying to do is get a political advantage. This isn’t about political advantage. We’re all trying to do the right thing. They shouldn’t be saying: ‘This is terrible. President Trump isn’t asking for enough money.’ How stupid a thing to say. " - Trump.

Of course: he reversed his "they are giving me too much" position with "they aren't giving me as much as I'm doing" later... "“The Do Nothing Democrats were busy wasting time on the Immigration Hoax, & anything else they could do to make the Republican Party look bad, while I was busy calling early BORDER & FLIGHT closings, putting us way ahead in our battle with Coronavirus. Dems called it VERY wrong!” "- Trump

"“I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down [infection rates declining], not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up. But, yeah, I think schools should be preparing and, you know, get ready just in case.” He added: “We have it so well under control. I mean, we really have done a very good job.” " - Trump

"“Congratulations and thank you to our great Vice President & all of the many professionals doing such a fine job at CDC & all other agencies on the Coronavirus situation. Only a very small number in U.S., & China numbers look to be going down. All countries working well together!” " - Trump

"“From 27,000 to 70,000 people get infected, and many people die. Think of it, 27,000. You lose 27,000 people to the common flu.” " - Trump (technically accurate; but he's downplaying the much more deadly coronavirus.

Speaking of (false claims to) politicise: "“The Obama administration made a decision on testing and that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing, and we undid that decision a few days ago.” "

"If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better." - Trump

"They [The WHO] don't know about the easy cases because the easy cases don't go to the hospital. They don't report to doctors or the hospital in many cases. So I think that number is really high. Personally, I would say that number [of people who die once infected with coronavirus] is way under 1%," - Trump

What were you saying about fake sources of information?

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I'd have to understand how you mean the term "pandemic". I think you are thinking of the Ebola and MERS outbreaks.

Both of those were more deadly to the infected (Ebola killed about half); but harder to spread. We eventually managed a vaccine for Ebola (which had flared up occasionally over the last few decades), and MERS was mostly transmitted in hospitals, and so containment was a successful. It's still out there, but rare.

SARS-COV-2 travels in water droplets and can persist for days. Those droplets can travel through the air. To the best of what I've seen, it's not "air-borne" in a literal sense; but the Chinese have documentation of infection at a distance of 4 meters.

Is this the Trump who doctors are asking "how do you know all this" and has genetic knowledge about diseases that means he should have been a doctor? Or is this the trump that didn't know people died from influenza? Because both of those statements passed his lips within a day of each other.

Income tax deferral is already available; I have to ask what we are gaining by pushing the burden out. Still, better than not doing it.

What do I think about a social welfare program? What do I think about guaranteed sick leave? As a progressive, I've been campaigning for these for most of my life. But Trump and company keep calling that "communism". Isn't he worried any more that we will be just like Venezuela? Or has that disappeared like caring about the deficit?

"“Cryin’ Chuck Schumer is complaining, for publicity purposes only, that I should be asking for more money than $2.5 Billion to prepare for Coronavirus. If I asked for more he would say it is too much. He didn’t like my early travel closings. I was right. He is incompetent!” " - Trump.

"“We should all be working together,” he said. He added: “All they’re trying to do is get a political advantage. This isn’t about political advantage. We’re all trying to do the right thing. They shouldn’t be saying: ‘This is terrible. President Trump isn’t asking for enough money.’ How stupid a thing to say. " - Trump.

Of course: he reversed his "they are giving me too much" position with "they aren't giving me as much as I'm doing" later... "“The Do Nothing Democrats were busy wasting time on the Immigration Hoax, & anything else they could do to make the Republican Party look bad, while I was busy calling early BORDER & FLIGHT closings, putting us way ahead in our battle with Coronavirus. Dems called it VERY wrong!” "- Trump

"“I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down [infection rates declining], not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up. But, yeah, I think schools should be preparing and, you know, get ready just in case.” He added: “We have it so well under control. I mean, we really have done a very good job.” " - Trump

"“Congratulations and thank you to our great Vice President & all of the many professionals doing such a fine job at CDC & all other agencies on the Coronavirus situation. Only a very small number in U.S., & China numbers look to be going down. All countries working well together!” " - Trump

"“From 27,000 to 70,000 people get infected, and many people die. Think of it, 27,000. You lose 27,000 people to the common flu.” " - Trump (technically accurate; but he's downplaying the much more deadly coronavirus.

Speaking of (false claims to) politicise: "“The Obama administration made a decision on testing and that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing, and we undid that decision a few days ago.” "

"If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better." - Trump

"They [The WHO] don't know about the easy cases because the easy cases don't go to the hospital. They don't report to doctors or the hospital in many cases. So I think that number is really high. Personally, I would say that number [of people who die once infected with coronavirus] is way under 1%," - Trump

This isn't fair, you're using facts, instead of alternative facts. :p

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member
Now is the time to implement your family plans.

Italy has now taught us that not delaying the peak is a total disaster. They had 3000 ventilators in the whole country. Actually that as a reasonable quantity given their population. They are all in use. They are looking for 10,000 more immediately. That is a forlorn hope. As I pointed out, if a country reaches that point the mortality will rise steeply and in Italy it unfortunately is.

Now the whole population need to understand now that severe restrictions are not optional and not a la carte. All must be implemented at once and simultaneously.

So that means separating individuals.

That means universities need to close. The University of Minnesota has closed all campuses, on the advice of Dr Mike Osterholm.

Schools need to close. If your schools do not close, do not send you children to school or nursery school. Do not get on a bus train, or plane and definitely not a cruise ship.

Do not join any congregations of people. That means no church, no communion. No church attendance period.

No political rallies. No protest marches.

Do not go to restaurants.

Shop now for what you need in the coming days. Do not make long car trips, or journeys.

If you have to go out for food, or essential supplies then do it at low volume times try and avoid it if possible.

Work from home, only essential personnel, should be working out of the home now. Most people fortunately these days can work from the Internet.

The good news is that we KNOW these methods work.

The Chinese, South Koreans, Taiwan and Singapore have clear evidence that these measures work. They must not be delayed. The head of the WHO is appalled by the lack of action in the Western World. He is right to be appalled.

Now hand washing, hand disinfectants help but are a minor part of the battle. We now know from China that this virus can remain in the air for a long time and will infect people at far greater distances than six feet. It also seems to stay airborne for a long time. Airborne transmission is the major route of spread. Masks are ineffective because as I pointed out previously viruses are not filterable. So it takes pressurized filters of the Hepa variety to stop transmission. Hence the "Zoot Suits."

This virus is also present in large quantities in the stool of affected patients and persists for a considerable period after recovery. This is a very difficult issue.

Now I commend these videos done by a senior nursing instructor and well published author. It will take you some time to watch it all. They contain very useful information that is worthy of the attention of all of you. I suggest you subscribe to his channel.

Yesterday.

Today

Changing gears a little. As I told you yesterday we did a fairly large shop for food yesterday. People's carts were fairly full in the main. Stocks were not plentiful especially some shelves.

Today we did another shop for other essential supplies. Almost all carts were piled high. I would describe the manner of the shoppers as earnest. I did engage some out of curiosity. They did seem to understand that the situation was very serious. I think the closing of the University and Dr Osterholm's remarks really was getting people focused, and that it was important to plan for extended period of disruption. The was no impatience or any inappropriate behavior that I observed yesterday, or today, contrary to what SWERD observed.

In summary now is the time to quickly prepare. These measures we know are the only way to affect the trajectory of this disaster in a favorable way, and it will, if we have everyone's cooperation. This is a community challenge, you need to do this for yourselves, family, friends and neighbors.
this is all good information! In my PH meetings we have been looking at ways to discourage mask and glove use since it gives people a false sense of security while offering no meaningful protection. While also causing shortages for those who do need them.

I’ve been talking to folks about social isolation for weeks now and most people I talk to just don’t get it. What you are talking about is the PH concrept of flattening the curve. It’s not about containment. We need to slow the spread. A few weeks of social isolation will dramatically slow the spread.

we have tried to get stronger messages out on what families should be doing to help and they have been stifled left and right. I can’t get into it all but know that very smart people we’re trying to socially isolate everyone a long time ago. We tried to push action. We were stopped.

I had been working in the background to get events like AXPONA canceled because I saw disaster coming. I really think these large events are extremely dangerous in a time like this. We know that Italy’s problem were stemming largely from Milan Fashion week.

I also think last nights announcement is worth discussing. I was mid-quoted as supporting an international travel ban, which was put in place last night. I don’t feel that is a good idea actually. I think that people should stop traveling. But I think you need to keep travel open to avoid illegal or untraceable travel. When we closed off flights from China I had shared that I had a feeling that wouldn’t be the source of an outbreak in the US. That we would have untraceable outbreaks from people either illegally entering the country or through alternative routes. That is exactly what happened and it led to community spread.

sadly what needs to happen is for people, us, to simply do the right thing. Enforcing it through law through lockdowns often make things worse.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai

Well, Jerry, thanks for having the courage to respond.

By "pandemic", I refer to the WHO designation. My point goes to the inconsistency of response to our last 2 pandemics. You say both were more deadly, and the numbers do indeed bare that out. Yet I don't remember NEARLY the response, from the media or government, to those situations. Why?

If the virus can exist in water droplets that travel through the air, is it is or is it ain't airborne? My point here was that the "experts" within this very forum differ on whether they think it's airborne or not. So what to believe?

You admit pushing income tax is better than not doing it. Good for you.

You seem to agree with Trump's "social welfare" actions, but try to hide your approval by pointing out how they conflict with your notions about what he believes. I'll just remind you there is a difference between help in a time of trouble, and perpetual handouts.

Do you understand the timeline of actions taken by Trump and criticisms to those actions from the Left? We on the Right are used to it. Trump limited travel from China, and the Left chastised him for overreacting, (January). He asked for money and the Left chastised him for not asking enough. Trump has taken substantive and aggressive actions for this virus, starting back in January before this virus even had a name. Have you seen the list? I doubt you'll see it on CNN.

"Fake sources of information"? To what in your quotes do you refer? CDC? WHO? Can you tell me who all is Trump consulting for information? Which are fake? Who else would you have him enlist for counsel? Dr Oz? How about you? :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I have to agree with Matt.
they are currently testing lots of repurposed drugs on Covid-19. At this time no drugs have been specifically studied for efficacy on COVID-19. What you mostly see are drugs proven effective for treating other viruses. Since many viruses might share similar treats, if the mechanism of action for a drug would hold true for both day Malaria and COVID-19, then it makes sense the drug could work on this new virus.
Chloroquine is widely available, and is already approved for prescription use. That said, it isn't used much for treating malaria because other more potent and effective drugs are available. It isn't surprising that the first publications on drugs that might work against COVID-19 are done with drugs that are already available such as chloroquine. Other experimental drugs do exist: they are not widely available for research, but they are being studied to see if they are effective against COVID-19.

The video does a decent job of explaining the subject, but it must be remembered that those papers he discussed only tested chloroquine in cells grown in culture dishes. In those dishes, it's easy to add enough chloroquine and zinc to get the desired effect. It must also be tested in live animals to see if the chloroquine with and without zinc can have the same effect as in the dishes. Often the animal studies never produce a high enough concentration as was needed in the cultured cell experiments.
sadly you will hear a lot of stuff in the news suggesting these repurposed drugs are highly effective. I hate this because it makes people think that we are withholding drugs from people that work. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The studies in China are mostly in-situ studies. They often are not true clinical trials. So you hear them say they have the drug to 30 patients and 20 got better. Must work right? Well If the mortality rate is 3%, then I would actually expect more like 28-29 people would get better. of course the sample of 30 might have been really risky. Maybe it’s all individuals who are immunodeficient. Then I would expect 20-21 to get better naturally. So if that’s what they saw with the drug, how is it better?
Right. Randomized controlled clinical trials must be done. Those Chinese and Korean studies are quick & dirty studies that only suggest these treatments might have some promise. None of those studies has properly addressed the known toxicities of chloroquine in the context of patients with severe respiratory illness and/or respiratory failure. Any test of chloroquine efficacy must also include proper monitoring of it's toxicity in these same patients.
to really know we need to randomize patients with the virus to a placebo and to a treatment. Then we can compare. In the China studies, they make comparisons against a non-random and thus not really comparable group. They are recommending these drugs but it’s unclear if there really is strong evidence of effectiveness or this is just desperation.
Agreed.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai

Gene, I really appreciate the fact you posted about this here and did the interview. It provides a glimpse into what this is really like.

Keep pursuing the truth in audio, video, and in coronavirus reporting!

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Just to get the facts straight, I assume you're talking about an income tax filing extension. This is not a deferral of payment; you have to estimate your taxes due and pay them by the normal due date (April 15th, of course) or you'll owe a penalty. It is merely a deferral of filing your tax forms to October 15th.

Just my opinion, but an actual payment deferral looks like it'll just increase financial risk for a lot of people without much benefit. It doesn't reduce taxes, it will be just an interest-free loan from a lender with all-powerful collection authority when the due-date comes.

Last edited:
Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member

How many watched Trump last night? I can tell you if you missed his speech and are getting your "news" from CNN or MSNBC, you are not getting the whole story. I've been watching them this morning, and they're harping on the travel ban for Europe. But what do you think about his income tax deferral? What do you think about providing paychecks for those who miss work due to the virus or caring for someone with the virus? What do you think about low-interest loans for small businesses impacted by the virus? What do you think about suspending payroll tax? Trump made some unprecedented proposals. Some he can do by order, and some will need congressional approval. We will see which the Left hates more... Trump or the virus.
it is not airborne but can be spread by spray or aerosolization. So people sneezing and such. Supposedly there are claims of spread at farther distances but it’s totally unclear to me how they come to those conclusions.

I think we shouldn’t really discuss pandemics by President. Trying to compare like this is not only inherently political but counterproductive.

the prior two pandemics are the 2009 H1N1 pandemic and then I am not sure the other you are referring to? Zika or Ebola?

in any case, we measure how dangerous a pandemic is by its total impact on the global population. How deadly it is for those infected and how easily it is already. COVID-19 is too new to have solid numbers. It’s mortality rate is unknown and likely to go down. But it’s R0 value is likely to go up And it’s already one of the most infectious viruses in modern times.

the Spanish Flu was H1N1 and it infected 500 million people and killed 20-50 million or more. Yet it’s mortality rate as a virus is just 1% or so. It’s R0 value is around 2.1. We have far deadlier influenza viruses floating around today.

the 2009 pandemic suffered the same survellience problem we face with COVID-19. Not enough testing. So for a point of comparison (since we can’t use the final unconfirmed number to compare), over a period of nearly 2 years it infected 1.4 billion people and is thought to have killed around 150,000 people. In the end it’s mortality rate was around .01%. It’s R0 is thought to be 1.6.

COVID-19, by comparison has an R0 value that has been estimated as high as 5. That’s many times higher than H1N1. It means it will (and so far is) spreading far faster than H1N1. No president in modern history has had to deal with a virus this contagious.

to make things worse, it’s mortality rate estimates are a lot higher, at least 10 times higher than H1N1. As screening increases that number will solidify more but unfortunately we won’t know the correct number for years to come. Right now the projections being made are based on inadequate surveillance and so they have to use Bayesian modeling to correct for that. Any statistical corrections may be wrong (even if they are more correct or less biased than no correction at all).

basically this virus isn’t like others and we shouldn’t be comparing numbers yet. It has only been around since November and only circulated in the USA since January/February. Poor surveillance and a botched test kit launch has really hampered our efforts to monitor it. None of this is political. Trump doesn’t make test kits. Let’s not polticize something like this.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Oh. Did you see when Trump met with insurance CEOs and got them to agree to suspend your co-pay if you go to the Dr for Corona virus?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis