Kimber Kable sucks?

• Thread starter Edgar Betancourt
  • Start date
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I own some AQ entry level interconnects and speaker cables and they sound fine and look to be well constructed. No real difference sonically and I would probably not buy cables from AQ again but I will not discard them as they perform and are paid for.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
At least kimber gives you the parallel capacitance, series inductance and dc loop resistance per meter which is more than what most other boutique cable providers can say. Audible measurements no but don’t under estimate the power of psychoacoustics. Some people with tens of thousands of dollars in speakers and electronics aren’t going to shop at Monoprice for their cable they are going to want that audio jewelry. In their mind it’s a 5,000 dollar cable so it must sound good plus it tips a system that’s $95,000 to a $100,000 system.
You are right if you build it in the name of high fidelity back it with fancy articulate wording they will come.
Hey I made these ear drops that cleanses your ears and expands your canal allowing more of the recoding to show through you will hear nuances you never heard before. Organic non-gmo vegan safe no animals tested on.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Let's look at the word 'orthogonal', used in the Kimber description-

"The word orthogonal comes from the Greek orthogōnios meaning "right-angled." While this word is used to describe lines that meet at a right angle, it also describes events that are statistically independent, or do not affect one another in terms of outcome.".

How does this apply to cabling?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Let's look at the word 'orthogonal', used in the Kimber description-

"The word orthogonal comes from the Greek orthogōnios meaning "right-angled." While this word is used to describe lines that meet at a right angle, it also describes events that are statistically independent, or do not affect one another in terms of outcome.".

How does this apply to cabling?
Not much on the Kimber site to go by. The pictures sure don't look like they're crossed/braided at right angles, tho.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Sucks? Well, in one direction, then it blows. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Not much on the Kimber site to go by. The pictures sure don't look like they're crossed/braided at right angles, tho.
I guess we need to think of it in terms of an Escher print.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Maybe the cable itself is square, therefore orthogonal?
Square cables tend to be REAL bass heavy since the bass transmission signals collect in the cable corners. The longer the run, the bassier they are. I was able to fill in a 50hz null that was 28db down, by changing from 10’ round cables to 27’ long square ones. If the null was in the 30hz range I would have used 10ga as it’s more effective down low. Square subwoofer cables have also supercharged my subs. Sooooo much cheaper than buying new subs too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis