Need help with dialogue intelligibility

D

Darthwarren

Audioholic Intern
Hi i got a soundbar for my grandparents and they always say it sounds muffled. Model is samsung r60-c. I have a 7.2 setup for my self and it sounds amazing all the time. They cant understand what people are saying. I have tried the eq setting(ex the frequency lvls or 300 hz 600 hz 1.2 khz and so on). I cant get it to sound right to my ears or theres. Is there anything i can do or do i need to buy a better soundbar? They don't want a receiver and speakers they don't like clutter. Clutter is what they call speakers next to tv.

thanks darthwarren.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd say a newer soundbar stronger in the frequencies you want? Or more amenable to eq? Are you sure it's not simply the positioning of the speakers/listening position to an extent?

D

Darthwarren

Audioholic Intern
we have it right below the tv tilted upwards. I got it to where they can just barley understand but it to tinny they say. is there a sound bar that's 3.1 you would recommend under 300? for what they want.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
we have it right below the tv tilted upwards. I got it to where they can just barley understand but it to tinny they say. is there a sound bar that's 3.1 you would recommend under 300? for what they want.
Tilted up is good, but that doesn't really indicate if its positioned well (like a reflective surface in front of it). What size speakers does the current soundbar use? I'm not up on whats available in soundbars, tho I'd look for one with larger drivers in the main soundbar, those tiny ones in the Samsung aren't helping.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hi i got a soundbar for my grandparents and they always say it sounds muffled. Model is samsung r60-c. I have a 7.2 setup for my self and it sounds amazing all the time. They cant understand what people are saying. I have tried the eq setting(ex the frequency lvls or 300 hz 600 hz 1.2 khz and so on). I cant get it to sound right to my ears or theres. Is there anything i can do or do i need to buy a better soundbar? They don't want a receiver and speakers they don't like clutter. Clutter is what they call speakers next to tv.

thanks darthwarren.
Since the soundbar is identical to one you bought for yourself and yet to your ears does not sound right as yours does perhaps it's defective?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis