Outlaw model 200 mono block??

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If specs are true, or even missing something his speakers don't play nice with a sub crossover. If the assumption is the speakers woofers are crossed at 80, it still is an issue.
He can run them full range then right? Then just add in quality subs after there are ways to dial in towers with active subs running full range and adding the subs REW and some placement expirementation he has the benefit of 2 deep playing towers with 2 subs positioned anywhere hed need them to go

You could do a lot worse with that many options for bass around the room if I'm not wrong

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
He can run them full range then right? Then just add in quality subs after there are ways to dial in towers with active subs running full range and adding the subs REW and some placement expirementation he has the benefit of 2 deep playing towers with 2 subs positioned anywhere hed need them to go

You could do a lot worse with that many options for bass around the room if I'm not wrong
That would be the optimal way.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
Good morning guy's, so I got home last night ( after I picked up the mono blocks) sorry but I couldn't pass on the deal two mono blocks for $200 ! Played with speakers and did see a improvment, yes. But still not what I will lake to hear. The guy that sold me the outlaws tested them in front of me on a pair of Definitive Technologhy BP-20 Speakers, I was blown away from the sound, so clear! Those are dy polar speakers and he had them against the wall and still sounded amaising. The lsi will not work for me, not the way I use my system. They have to be plugged all the time and come weekends my system is on from 8am to 10pm. The amps in the speakers are getting really hot from 14 hrs of operation even at low volume. I think is time for different speakers. Dose anyone have any experience with Definitive Technologhy BP-20 Speakers? How do they compare to the lsi?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Good morning guy's, so I got home last night ( after I picked up the mono blocks) sorry but I couldn't pass on the deal two mono blocks for $200 ! Played with speakers and did see a improvment, yes. But still not what I will lake to hear. The guy that sold me the outlaws tested them in front of me on a pair of Definitive Technologhy BP-20 Speakers, I was blown away from the sound, so clear! Those are dy polar speakers and he had them against the wall and still sounded amaising. The lsi will not work for me, not the way I use my system. They have to be plugged all the time and come weekends my system is on from 8am to 10pm. The amps in the speakers are getting really hot from 14 hrs of operation even at low volume. I think is time for different speakers. Dose anyone have any experience with Definitive Technologhy BP-20 Speakers? How do they compare to the lsi?
IMHO the BP20 would be a downgrade. Having bi/di pole speakers against a wall is crazy as it defeats the purpose. What is the deminsions of your room and where are the speakers placed?

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
This is the room, I am using denon avr x3100w outlaw model 5000. All the speakers are polk lsi

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the diagram. 17' to the MLP is a little further than average and with the large open room I'd start with the subwoofer upgrade.

It's also possible that the 60hz region is giving you a null as that is near the MLP. I'll see if I can find a room calculator.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan

I'd also consider a measurement microphone and REW software to confirm what's going on. Rooms have the largest impact on how a speaker will sound. If and when you upgrade your speakers go for ones that measure well on and off axis as they will be the least finicky for room placement.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
It looks like you are in good hands... But be careful, people on this board love to spend other people's money... But the advice is golden...

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

I'd also consider a measurement microphone and REW software to confirm what's going on. Rooms have the largest impact on how a speaker will sound. If and when you upgrade your speakers go for ones that measure well on and off axis as they will be the least finicky for room placement.

I see Everett is still on the case!

It might be a little intimidating at first, but once you roll your sleeves up and get familiar rew and a mic are powerful tools for dialing a system in.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

That's the thing, he wasn't using them full range. Only the mids and tweeters.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
From your room diagram how far out in the room are those speakers?

Those LSI and definitive if you get them need some space from side walls and back walls to really come to life. You might want to move those speakers out into the room more and see if that will do the trick

Anyways if you decide to sell those Polk let us know you might have a lot of interested members on here those are good speakers

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
First off, if you had said the M200 were $200/pr, we would have said get them!
... but they are not going to fix your problem.
When you say the speaker amps get really hot, are they too hot to touch? How long can you keep your hand on them before pain? Or not quite that bad?

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
First off, if you had said the M200 were $200/pr, we would have said get them!
... but they are not going to fix your problem.
When you say the speaker amps get really hot, are they too hot to touch? How long can you keep your hand on them before pain? Or not quite that bad?
Not that bad but noticeable I can keep my habd on it wor mayde a minute.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Not that bad but noticeable I can keep my habd on it wor mayde a minute.
Do they stay that warm even if you have not played them - Say, if you leave them on overnight and check them in the morning before playing anything?

I am trying to figure out if they get hot from being worked hard or if the get hot from being on.
If you are lucky, using you avr to cross the speakers to subs at 80 or 100Hz might reduce the temperature of the speaker amps.

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
From your room diagram how far out in the room are those speakers?

Those LSI and definitive if you get them need some space from side walls and back walls to really come to life. You might want to move those speakers out into the room more and see if that will do the trick

Anyways if you decide to sell those Polk let us know you might have a lot of interested members on here those are good speakers
What is going to be a good price to ask if I deside to sale them? Set of lsi25 lsiC for center 2wo sets of lsifx for surround and psw1000 for sub??

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
What is going to be a good price to ask if I deside to sale them? Set of lsi25 lsiC for center 2wo sets of lsifx for surround and psw1000 for sub??
Look on EBay and places speaker outlets you can see what a good range is to make the best offer.

Also you can check on the polk forum and the polk owners on AVS forum there's a lot of Polkies over on those 2 sites that can give you a good idea how much to charge

Andon

Andon

Audioholic
Look on EBay and places speaker outlets you can see what a good range is to make the best offer.

Also you can check on the polk forum and the polk owners on AVS forum there's a lot of Polkies over on those 2 sites that can give you a good idea how much to charge
Thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis