Crt tv for vintage games? Cheap stand ideas

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
What’s a Good idea for a cheap stand that would fit one of these TVs ?
Hopefully don’t
Have to diy one or spend a Lot on something so old.

32” Phillips none of my pictures will fit even in small .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Did I post this in the wrong forum ? If so can Mod move it? Were I will get help

pictures wont fit on here why???

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hello. ? No ones ever considered this for old dvd or ps1? And old games

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Any help ? Ideas do hardware store sell any short shelf units. Not too wide. ??

I need another stand like this but big enough shelves to fit my fat stereo in .

Ultimate bass lover !! si ht15 dvc.
Free the reptile aliens

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Most modern tvs come with an adapter to use with older analog devices, which is probably why few people have done this.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Most modern tvs come with an adapter to use with older analog devices, which is probably why few people have done this.
Yeah I know but on my 55” older shows look terrible , it could be a while til I can afford a 4k tv or a 8k oled when price is affordable.
I seee is you have a good enough tv it’s pointless to use older tv for old content??
Star Trek even loooks bad on my dads old Samsung .huge bars 4:3

Free the reptile aliens

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
not much you can do about 4:3 content, it will always look like that on modern displays. I will take bars over stretch

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
not much you can do about 4:3 content, it will always look like that on modern displays. I will take bars over stretch
Some tv upconverts better then other and none of ours “ dog a good” job
Do a good job of upconverting.

Free the reptile aliens

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Why Did they kill off 4:3 for 16:9 later for theaters to create many more formats that don’t fit our consumer tv leaving us with massive bars during films . Making a 55” tv like a 48”

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Why Did they kill off 4:3 for 16:9 later for theaters to create many more formats that don’t fit our consumer tv leaving us with massive bars during films . Making a 55” tv like a 48”

Free the reptile aliens
Because 4:3 SUCKS!!!
I can live with letterboxing, for the larger “scope”. I like seeing my whole screen filled but LB bars are not a big deal to me. What is a big deal is stupid a$$ 4:3. And also when people shoot cell phone videos with their phones upright.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Because 4:3 SUCKS!!!
I can live with letterboxing, for the larger “scope”. I like seeing my whole screen filled but LB bars are not a big deal to me. What is a big deal is stupid a$$ 4:3. And also when people shoot cell phone videos with their phones upright.
So letter box makes the tv significantly smaller but yes it does add a wider shot right.?
Older content just looks terrible on my tv and I tried to playa. Old ps1 game on ps1 it looked so bad and colors were washed out , yeah new TVs are definitely light years better then anything of the old pre high definition days . Not sure what I’m going to put this old fat tv on but it’s too wide and heavy and awkward for me to carry it to the basement which would be better as far as for gaming or old movies .

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So letter box makes the tv significantly smaller but yes it does add a wider shot right.?
Older content just looks terrible on my tv and I tried to playa. Old ps1 game on ps1 it looked so bad and colors were washed out , yeah new TVs are definitely light years better then anything of the old pre high definition days .

Free the reptile aliens
Yeah. LB will make it wider.

IMO, part of why old games would look like crap on a new tv is they always looked like crap. You just couldn’t tell on a crappy old crt. I put my old ps1 on my garage sale with a bunch of games. Couldn’t even give it away...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah. LB will make it wider.

IMO, part of why old games would look like crap on a new tv is they always looked like crap. You just couldn’t tell on a crappy old crt. I put my old ps1 on my garage sale with a bunch of games. Couldn’t even give it away...
Yes so old content just looks terrible except pc games which had been hd for much longer .
Do old games and dvd look better On a Higher end tv?
I see no way around using a crt tv while on a low budget , for old stuff . Cannot afford an oled or a used plasma too broke .
Wasn’t crt the longest lasting technology for television?
There were hdtv crt and dlp, they had good picture the issue was they were super heavy and almost none were 16:9.
Free the reptile aliens

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
get some cinder blocks and some 2x6 boards and build your own stand for it. classic college life!

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
get some cinder blocks and some 2x6 boards and build your own stand for it. classic college life!
I have an extra tv stand but it’s too heavy in basement and too wide. I could put it on the stand I’m using for my lcd tv and put the lcd somewhere else as it is much lighter .
The question is if your not aloud to wall mount lcd what’s a Thin stand to place it on ??

Free the reptile aliens

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh yeah! I did that once. My wife was like...WTF? Uuummm, no. I even used nice wood. Oh well, I laughed it off and took it down.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an extra tv stand but it’s too heavy in basement and too wide. I could put it on the stand I’m using for my lcd tv and put the lcd somewhere else as it is much lighter .
The question is if your not aloud to wall mount lcd what’s a Thin stand to place it on ??

Free the reptile aliens
Cinder blocks
2x6 piece(s) of lumber

It's thin enough, cheap enough, will hold lots of weight, you can put it right against the wall and can even look halfway decent if you put a little effort into it.

2a842a859bfbd58e01fc9e55176bce45--cinder-block-shelves-cinder-block-ideas.jpg

1-Cinderblock-DIY-Media-Console-showyourvote.jpg
a99f92fcaa5265b0a45b63855a091bd4.jpg
tv_3.jpg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Cinder blocks
2x6 piece(s) of lumber

It's thin enough, cheap enough, will hold lots of weight, you can put it right against the wall and can even look halfway decent if you put a little effort into it.

View attachment 31984
View attachment 31985View attachment 31986View attachment 31987
That could work for a Flatscreen also looks durable and cheap good plan . Not sure if it can be modified for a low space room .

Free the reptile aliens

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That could work for a Flatscreen also looks durable and cheap good plan . Not sure if it can be modified for a low space room .

Free the reptile aliens
You can make it any size you want...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis