Anyone else watched/watching "Humans" on Amazon Prime?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
3 seasons currently available free.
I am not too quick to recommend it as I recognize it is not a mainstream blockbuster type of show.
What it is is a slowly evolving dialog of what it is to be human and at what point is a machine equivalent to a human.
How would these two populations co-exist? Can they?
The action is sporadic, and I think many may get bored with the pace of the show.
However, if you are someone who is very intrigued with questions of AI and consciousness as depicted in movies like "AI" and "Bladerunner" it might be your cup of tea!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yes it's my biography partly. ;) I've watched Season 1 and really liked it and half of Season 2. Dunno season 2 was not as interesting as season 1. Maybe I'll watch again cause of this thread.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
No, but I'm looking for a series to get into. Pickings are slim lately...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I watched the 1st season when it was on direct TV. Sorry I don't remember the channel. I liked it ok so I will have to get caught up on Prime. Thanks.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watched the first two seasons a while back. Only seen the first episode of S3 so far. Has a bit of a District 9 feel to it. I will revisit it, but I have a lot of backlog right now.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, an interesting show. Saw all 3 seasons when it was broadcasted.
Intriguing questions asked and reactions to yet another different intelligent not unlike what some quarrel about today.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Finished S3 last night while putting together Ikea furniture. DAMN that was some powerful drama!

...and then I google this morning about Season 4 and find out it's not coming. :mad: Are ya kidding me?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Finished S3 last night while putting together Ikea furniture. DAMN that was some powerful drama!

...and then I google this morning about Season 4 and find out it's not coming. :mad: Are ya kidding me?
I remember when that happened to ALF ending on a sad cliffhanger. Bummer...

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Are they charging to watch this if you area Prime subscriber too?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Are they charging to watch this if you area Prime subscriber too?

I watched it free on Amazon Prime, but I guess they can change that!

I just checked and yes, all three seasons are still free via Amazon Prime.
All free shows on Amazon Prime have a banner on the top left corner that says "Prime".
I don't watch Prime as much as Netflix, but it is fair competition for Hulu (but I don't watch too much TV anyway).
If considering a Prime subscription, I also liked "The Expanse", loved "the Tick" as a campy mindless brain-dump superhero show, and currently watching ""The Boys" (series about morally-challenged superheros).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I watched it free on Amazon Prime, but I guess they can change that!

I just checked and yes, all three seasons are still free via Amazon Prime.
All free shows on Amazon Prime have a banner on the top left corner that says "Prime".
I don't watch Prime as much as Netflix, but it is fair competition for Hulu (but I don't watch too much TV anyway).
If considering a Prime subscription, I also liked "The Expanse", loved "the Tick" as a campy mindless brain-dump superhero show, and currently watching ""The Boys" (series about morally-challenged superheros).
Don't forget Bosch. I think it is the best show on Prime and one of the best detective shows ever. Then again the Michael Connelly book series the show is based on is my favorite.:)

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
Thanks I will check it out. I know I went to watch the new Top Gear, and they wanted me to pay.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks I will check it out. I know I went to watch the new Top Gear, and they wanted me to pay.

Yeah, that is why I mentioned the "Prime" banner. They generally mix the pay-for and the free when you are browsing. I think if you check Google, you will find some strategies for only presenting the free content. I have just developed a strong habit for checking for the "Prime" banner up before I start getting "psychologically invested" in watching a specific show!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Don't forget Bosch. I think it is the best show on Prime and one of the best detective shows ever. Then again the Michael Connelly book series the show is based on is my favorite.:)
Thank you! Someone (it may have been you) had mentioned that before and I made a mental note that disappeared into the ether!:oops:

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thank you! Someone (it may have been you) had mentioned that before and I made a mental note that disappeared into the ether!:oops:
YW. Make sure you start with season 1 because there are plot designs that carry over from show to show and season to season. If you like to read and like detective stories the Bosch books are the best IMHO. Hope you like it! :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis